Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I feel like a Woods heel turn would be kinda pointless at this stage. Outside of feuding with Kofi where would he even end up aside from being tossed into a random tag team again. New Day sell a good bit of merch still so leave them at it says I.

Couldn't agree more about Dom btw, as a face he was the ultimate nepotism hire, there along for the ride with his Dad. Him turning and striking out on his own has been the making of him as a star. I still want that god damn Mask vs Hair match but I guess I'll settle for Liv VS Rhea in a Dom on a pole match instead🤣

I feel like to advance the Alpha Academy story Gable has to win the IC Title then they have two months to build till SummerSlam and make (or try to make, I'm not convinced he has anything going for him outside of this story) Otis. They can do another rematch at MITB. Sami doesn't need the belt he's the ultimate underdog and Gable as the narcissistic, abusive trainer champ just makes more sense going forward.

I was surprised (pleasantly) about the ending to Raw. I'm not sure exactly how much mileage they can get out of Priest as a champ but his match with Drew will be a banger. Torn between wanting Drew to get his homecoming win and having Punk screw him again (leaning towards the latter as Drew VS Punk doesn't need the title).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Can't remember where I saw it but Gable ditching Otis and Tozawa for the Creed Brothers seems a good call.

Does feel like there's an ? for theoretical champ Priest up through Summerslam. Judg(e)ment Day implosion? Shirley the King General will be walking out of Berlin the champ if he hasn't walked in with the belt already.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tonight

Ilja Dragunov vs. Bron Breakker

Sami Zayn vs. Otis

Iyo Sky vs. Lyra Valkyria

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus Ricochet landed rough on that one he will be very lucky if he isn’t hurt.

They a selling it well and that him written out of WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Petermc83

the whole Liv / Dirty Dom angle is playing out beautifully. The little nuances which are added each week just add to it ( Finn pictured jumping out of a car with her backstage 2 weeks ago, then sneakily taking the hotel key last night)..

Storytelling had really gone up a notch with Hunter in charge.

Another case in point would be Alpha Academy and how much of a pop Otis will get when he finally does turn on Chad..

If given time, the strength in long term story telling really works.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'd love if they built to a 3 way with Chad/Otis/Sami for the title at a ppv with Otis getting the win. This leads to gable loosing it but manipulating Otis to one on one match the next night, Gable cheats to win, at the end Gable hugs him to apologize but turns on him, Sami attempts to make the save but the creeds attack him with the new Alpha Academy being born.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Give all the belts to Bron Breakker, he's just a wrecking machine. Hopefully Pearce doesn't let him into MITB and the current storyline keeps going

Finn sneaking the hotel card was very funny as was Carlitos response to Dom "Now that's cool" 🤣

Solid if small card for the weekend, seems to be how HHH prefers them these days.

What's the story with the Speed title now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'd wager her had some protective thing on his back when he took the bump. He awkwardly adjusts his top after he lands. Probably why he went straight into a back bump too, I actually think you can see something running down his back in the air as Bron slams him on the car. Good way of writign him off though and further cements Bron as a monster. I've missed most of the discussion about Ricochet leaving over the weekend but think his ceiling in WWE is pretty much the case elsewhere too. He's a gifted athlete but can't promo for his life. So not sure where he will fit in a major promotion.

Liv story is still great, trashy as hell though haha. Finn taking the card is funny but could be planting seeds too (get your mind out of the gutter).

Alpha storyline is excellent, think they need the title on Gable after Clash at the Castle, it's time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Poor Zelina nearly had the arm torn off her by Braun.

Just writing his name makes me realise it's strange for WWE to have 2 guys with similar names with Bron there as well.

https://x.com/WWE/status/1801039684283375908

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Be funny if he's signed to TNA just as they're working together.

It'll be like how Dana Ash By Elegance showed up at Battleground and Vic had to correct himself.

MITB qualifiers

Women’s side: IYO SKY v Zelina Vega v Kiana James

Men’s side: Jey Uso v Rey Mysterio v Finn Bálor

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hoping Drew goes full on psycho tonight

Rollins is back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Cotts72

"we're here"

That was some debut for the Wyatt Sicks! I expected supernatural but we got horror on top of it. That was fantastically executed and whoever produced it deserves serious credit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That end was brilliantly shot, and a great tribute to Bray.

I've read they're going to avoid the supernatural stuff, and stick to horror; that these lads are just psychos who will kill people. Sets that up really nicely.

Gable was dead lol

Haha I read a shite article earlier querying was gable shot by uncle howdy 😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Elaewhere I saw an idea that the end was like Tony Starks vision in Age of Ulton with Nikki as Wanda.

Did it actually happen or was it a vision of what is to come?

We will have to see how they follow it up.

Its a shame Gable already announced himself that he's signed a new contract. Would have created some buzz about whether that was his write off or not.

It was the other fella in gorilla that looked shot though wasn't it😂

https://x.com/FadeAwayMedia/status/1802920623586386059

The Masks look amazing. Rowen's seems to be built onto of the sheep mask too, which is a great touch.

Great intro for the group

The challenge will be how it translates to in ring work. Bray Wyatts characters struggled a bit in that sense

Drew taking a few weeks off to be with his wife and will return to cost Punk a match

Saying it quietly but low key loving Priests WHC reign so far. Matches have been solid, it's been better than I expected. I don't really want him to lose to Rollins at MITB but Gunther Rollins at SummerSlam is a huge match, so I see that as the likely outcome

I hope Priest retains tbh, he does not seem to be a full blown heel to me despite being in TJD and their leader in the absence of Rhea

I didn't expect Seth back this soon

• Registered Users Posts: 39,820 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,820 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

that’s a good call to stay away from the supernatural stuff. It’s where I gave up on the fiend.

He wasn’t dead he was pining for the fjords.

• Advertisement

Tbf they are decent ring workers and Bo Dallas was in his NXT run was class..they never really translated it to the main roster

Advertisement