Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options
1939495969799»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Would have liked to have seen Dakota get a spot in the MITB, just don't see the point in Zoey stark, really bland character

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Think there could be multiple run ins yet in MITB between Gable and the Wyatt's, Logan Paul/LA Knight and Drew/Punk. What they're doing a decent job of recently is not showing us so obviously the next direction they're taking, any of the 6 are legit winners really.

The women's for me is more clear cut. Tiffy Time or Chelsea Green as winners or we (or I, in this case) riot!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Same, I think Dakota vs. Bayley could be really good, if build well and Bayley needs a good feud

Drew suspended

https://x.com/WWE/status/1810006054500987208

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Punk/Rollins/Drew triangle of hate is good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Loved this Raw.

The Punk/Rollins promo is great and now that it's tangled between the three it could be fun. Honestly think if they play this well then the criticism of the MITB being 'wasted' won't feel valid. Also like the tweener dynamics between them. I think Priest cancelling the stipulation also adds to him being a noble champion. His run has been better than expected tbh.

I enjoyed the Wyatt videos but was thinking they need to give us something more and feels like it's about to get there, which is for the best. Gable talking to the Creeds in the background again. I would hope the Alpha story isn't totally forgotten too.

New faction is good for the womens division. Think with Sonya as the lead it could help Zoey and Shayna too.

The Dom/Liv story is great. The spots in their tag match were gas. The JD catching the stretch was funny as well. Rhea returning was expected but felt big. They really made the best out of her being injured, intrigued to see what comes next. There was a video on twitter that made Liv look happy with the outcome, she definitely has a plan in place. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So was that camera set up just for Bron's run? Should start calling it the "Breakker cam". Seeing him take the corner, I'm expecting him to slip one of these days.

Seeing him and The Miz doing the AA and the five Knuckle Shuffle makes me wonder how Truth feels about his childhood hero retiring.

I like how we actually heard the crowd's laugh at Jey's Yeet-out.

We have another "tour"

Sami Zayn to defend his Intercontinental Title against Ilja Dragunov tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lol AEW ran an All In ad during RAW on BT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

The sixth member of the Wyatts is the most disturbing of them all: love

Excellent Raw again, there's so much going on it's awesome.

The Dom/Liv/Rhea story is great. I feel like there's a lot of ways this can play out. It does feel like the Judgement Day (or at least in its current form) is on borrowed time cause I can see Dom turning on Rhea or Finn and JD siding with Liv. The custody of Dom match might still have a chance based on Rhea's last line lol. Jey getting involved now too.

That Rowan promo was awesome, outside of Bray he's the emotional core of the group and him saying 'I'm just Rowan' was so sad. Thought their in-ring segment was good too and getting the Creeds to finally align with Gable works too. Wonder if we could get a six man at Summerslam.

I think that segment should have actually main evented if Bron was going to get involved. Although this might build to a three way at Summerslam which would be good. Drew and Punk for an unsanctioned match? Card in general is shaping up nicely. Gunther/Damian was great too. Damian is definitely a face right now and Gunther's 'homeless is a choice' response made him seem a right arsehole.

Definitely feel Dom is turning on Rhea at Summerslam to complete the full villain character. He not as "dirty" as he once was so this should sort that Too soon for Liv to drop the title, maybe we get Dom v Rhea on the following PPV

Yeah Rhea chasing the title for a few months seems the best option imo

Even up to Mania possibly depending on how much they can eke out of the story

I hope not Liv as champ until WM, while this storyline is grand, I can't wait for Rhea to eradicate her .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing Liv and Rhea fighting over Dom is like an episode of Jerry Springer, especially with Dom's mullet and moustache. You're left wondering how 2 women that look like them are fighting over a guy that looks like that.

Priest is getting great enjoyment from it.

I can't see them doing a video for all the Wyatts. Especially Dexter since it would go on forever since he never shuts up.

But at last they bring the Creeds and Gable together. Could work well. Ivy in there as well to counter Nikki?

Funny that Maxxine still calls Otis "Otees"

Is Carlito to TJD what Sami was to The Bloodline, his expressions are "cool" and funny

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Bully Ray on the Busted Open Radio podcast;

I’m like ‘Why would they be coming through Gorilla? They left people for dead in the Gorilla position. We thought that Chad Gable…people were saying they shot him in the head. Bodies dismembered. Lists of people that got hurt by the Wyatt Sicks…they didn’t destroy the locker rooms, they didn’t destroy the production truck, they didn’t destroy Triple H’s office, they didn’t destroy catering…they destroyed the Gorilla’s position…”

I totally agree with him. I loved the Wyatt Sicks debut but the follow through hasn’t been quite there. Coming through Gorilla made no sense.

I also mentioned it recently here but Nikki Cross and the others really need to stay off social media. She’s continuously posting on her Instagram. Like I know it’s 2024 but a little bit of kayfabe wouldn’t go amiss.

Yeah those small nuances do take you out of it. A lot to be said for the Undertaker approach, it's why his supernatural character survived the test of time as opposed to other gimmicks.

Agreed.

In general why I'm enjoying the VHS tapes and promos, they haven't exactly lived up to the murderous monsters they came off as in their debut. It almost feels like they're doing this backwards.

It also kinda sidelined (or at least took focus away from) the Alpha Academy storyline and I think that was one o the best stories they had on Raw.

• Advertisement

Agreed they probably should have done it the other way around ..VHS tapes and then destruction..just a bit odd that they destroyed wrestlers and then nothing after

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How to you follow that beginning? It was so over the top they probably decided way to follow it up by cool things off and building it back up.

They stripped it back to video, showed Howdy and Bo are one, started introducing the people behind the masks. No has actually appeared as himself without seeing Howdy since the mad into. They are building up to that again I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

I bolieve the idea the lingering threat of when they'll do something again knowing what they're capable of.

I'm assuming they're introducing the Sicks one by one to allow them to have a match without having to be in a pig mask or whatever.

Can't help feeling that all this should be being done to Strowman instead of Gable.

Yeah the Gable targeting doesn't really fit. And as was said a few posts ago, it's kinda robbed us of a big Gable/Otis pay off. Would be a much better fit with Strowman given the history. Also the fact that Strowman would be physically more dominant than any of the group (bar Rowan I suppose) so could handle two or possibly three taking him on.

I get the feeling they're just not high on Braun anymore though, he's basically been a big ass jobber since coming to Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Petermc83

regarding Strowman.. the run and spear that Bron Breakker does & the camera angle is fantastic.. but please stop Strowman from doing it also. I know he had the move first ( shoulder charge instead of the spear) but I feel if they both keep doing it, it lessens the impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

Advertisement