Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphabet Sheep - Actors and Actresses - with a twist!

• 03-03-2021 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭

Sheep.jpg

Hello all, welcome to the red carpet premiere of another Alphabet Sheep game!
    If you don't know what Alphabet Sheep is, read post two then come and join in the fun!

This time we're looking for actors and actresses. Either their first or second name may start with each letter, up to you

The twist
    All the best films have a twist, right? So, like Keyser Söze being Tyler Durden all along, and being able to see dead people's heads in boxes, here's the twist...!

At the bottom of your PM please add one film.
    I will reveal the film that sheeps before the main reveal. Any actors or actresses who appear in that film will score zero!

Which film will you pick? Who will you try to eliminate?
    Which film will sheep? Should you avoid certain actors and actresses as a result?
    I don't know, I'm not playing, I just came up with the idea :D

Deadline: Tuesday 9th, midday. So just under a week
    Reveal: Tuesday 9th, 8pm
    (I'm afraid I won't accept late entries as I'll have to look up all the actors and actresses in the sheeping film and set all their scores to zero, not sure how long that will take)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

What's all this Alphabet Sheep malarkey about?

If you don't know what alphabet sheep is then the first thing to say is it's simple and fun and everyone in forum games is cool, come and join us!

In SHEEP you're aiming for the most popular answer, much like family fortunes. Each answer scores one point for everyone who gives it, so if more people give the same answer as you you score more points

Sometimes there are multiple questions to answer but in this case there's just one - "Name and actor or actress whose name begins with..." - and you have to give 26 answers, one for each letter of the alphabet

Send me a private message with your answers (in order, unnumbered please).
    I'll tally up the results and reveal the answers and scores on Tuesday evening. Tune in if you can, it adds to the fun to have people commenting along

Any questions ask below, someone helpful will answer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The twist
    All the best films have a twist, right? So, like Keyser Söze being Tyler Durden all along, and being able to see dead people's heads in boxes, here's the twist...!

At the bottom of your PM please add one film.
    I will reveal the film that sheeps before the main reveal. Any actors or actresses who appear in that film will score zero!

Which film will you pick? Who will you try to eliminate?
    Which film will sheep? Should you avoid certain actors and actresses as a result?

Do you mean that the film I nominate should not have any of the actors/actresses in it that I already nominated, or do you mean the film should not have any that were nominated by anybody? Please clarify before I submit a disaster! :)

Do you mean that the film I nominate should not have any of the actors/actresses in it that I already nominated, or do you mean the film should not have any that were nominated by anybody? Please clarify before I submit a disaster! :)
    You can name any actors/actresses you wish

However, if they appear in the film that is named by the most people, they will score zero

Any films named other than the sheep are irrelevant. No points will be awarded for the film, its only being used to set the traps

You can name any actors/actresses you wish

However, if they appear in the film that is named by the most people, they will score zero

Any films named other than the sheep are irrelevant. No points will be awarded for the film, its only being used to set the traps

In other words, if any of my actors/actresses happened to be in the most nominated film ("sheep" film), each of them will be awarded zero points instead of the points they would have got otherwise.

In other words, if any of my actors/actresses happened to be in the most nominated film ("sheep" film), each of them will be awarded zero points instead of the score they would have got otherwise.
    Yep, simple :D

• Advertisement

First entry in, Hello 2D Person Below just set a new land speed record for sheep! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I hope everyone nominates a different film and we get 40 joint sheep on 1.

Collie D wrote: »
    I hope everyone nominates a different film and we get 40 joint sheep on 1.
    Yeah, don't have a plan if that happens :D

If two sheep I'll use them both. Not sure where the dividing line is...

I do have a prediction for the film that will sheep though. Maybe I'll add my own vote in if we need a tiebreaker
    And if it sheeps without my help I'm going to award myself lots of bonus points

Yeah, don't have a plan if that happens :D

If two sheep I'll use them both. Not sure where the dividing line is...

I do have a prediction for the film that will sheep though. Maybe I'll add my own vote in if we need a tiebreaker
    And if it sheeps without my help I'm going to award myself lots of bonus points

So, out of the thousands of films that, say, 40 people can choose from, you reckon one is going to be particularly popular as a choice. Interesting! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

And in.

• Advertisement

So, out of the thousands of films that, say, 40 people could choose, you reckon one is going to be particularly popular as a choice. Interesting! :)
    Well, I know what I'd pick!
    After the soap fiasco I no longer trust any of you lot to align with my thoughts though :D

Well, I know what I'd pick!
    After the soap fiasco I no longer trust any of you lot to align with my thoughts though :D

You didn't ask to choose our favourite film - just to add a film!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

You didn't ask to choose our favourite film - just to add a film!

That's a good idea. Have your own mystery sheep and if another sheep comes out from the masses, have two.

Ooooh this is a dilemma and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

The film i choose has so many actors in it, i probably should have checked to make sure none of the actors i choose were in it, oops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Right, I'm in...... I even managed to think of a few answers all by myself :o:D

(Please tell me Googling is allowed in SHEEP, otherwise just stick my entry in the shredder!)

The film I chose at the end..... well gawd knows who's in it, I've no doubt cancelled out a few of my own answers along the way!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Please tell me Googling is allowed in SHEEP, otherwise just stick my entry in the shredder!
    tenor.gif?itemid=4468552

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Long-time lurker. Excited to be attempting my first ever sheep!

Long-time lurker. Excited to be attempting my first ever sheep!
    Got your PM :)
    Welcome! And good luck :D

Be sure to pick a nemesis before the reveal :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

source.gif

• Advertisement

Got your PM :)
    Welcome! And good luck :D

Confused now! What, when, how? :P

Confused now! What, when, how? :P
    Ha ha, it's not compulsory but there seems to have been a flurry of people picking sheep nemeses (nemesiseseses?) for no real reason recently

Ha ha, it's not compulsory but there seems to have been a flurry of people picking sheep nemeses (nemesiseseses?) for no real reason recently

Ah. Is this like a long-term commitment? ;)

Ah. Is this like a long-term commitment? ;)
    Oh yeah, forum games nemesis is a bigger commitment than marriage :D

Oh yeah, forum games nemesis is a bigger commitment than marriage :D

Phew. My marriage track-record is appalling. So sounds do-able, even for me.
    So how do I establish who might be in the market? (Apart from Necro of course)...

...Apart from Necro of course...
    Well yeah, you want a challenge :pac:

Don't you worry, there'll be plenty of undesirables for you to pick from here in the coming week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I hate lurkers so Hillybilly4....

tenor.gif?itemid=15174469

Looks like your nemesis found you, Billy.

I’m in

ShaneU wrote: »
    I hate lurkers so Hillybilly4....

tenor.gif?itemid=15174469

Be still my beating heart...
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

giphy.gif

Advertisement