Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online banking without a Smartphone

Options
  • 03-03-2021 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

hello, 

I manage my elderly mothers Online banking via Desktop , she does not have a smartphone and nor will she ever  get one as she is only comfortable with what she has now (Doro) . With the new features it looks like I am going to loose access soon as old site is depreciating  - what are my options/workaround to be able to continue to access her bank account  directly online  without having a smartphone  or the App. for this account. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

whatever76 wrote: »
    hello, 

I manage my elderly mothers Online banking via Desktop , she does not have a smartphone and nor will she ever  get one as she is only comfortable with what she has now (Doro) . With the new features it looks like I am going to loose access soon as old site is depreciating  - what are my options/workaround to be able to continue to access her bank account  directly online  without having a smartphone  or the App. for this account. 
    Good afternoon whatever76,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

If your mother does not use a smartphone, she can order a Physical Security Key(PSK). This device is used to generate one time passwords to approve log in on the website. I will attach a link below with more information about this and how to order one. 

For information about the PSK please see here: https://www.bankofireland.com/physical-security-key/

To order the PSK please see here:(your mother will need to type in her user ID and date of birth and then she will be brought to the order form. Alternatively, she can call us on 0818200362 and one of my colleagues can order one for her).  https://www.365online.com/Digital/servletcontroller

I hope this information help!

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

thanks Megan - that's great that there is option for this scenario. 
    I have ordered on line now so hopefully be set up soon. 

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conor_444

Hi Megan. Can the PSK's be ordered outside of Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

whatever76 wrote: »
    thanks Megan - that's great that there is option for this scenario. 
    I have ordered on line now so hopefully be set up soon. 

thx
    Thanks for getting back to us here. The PSK would generally be with you within 5 to 7 working days. Please feel free to get back in touch with us here if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Conor_444 wrote: »
    Hi Megan. Can the PSK's be ordered outside of Ireland?
    Hi Conor,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here, we have responded to your other Post on this.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
Advertisement