Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eight injured in "terrorist" stabbing attack Sweden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

They need strong leadership as do many other countries in Europe, this political correctness /wokeness that's marring the western world needs to end.

"Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

No, they don't.

Any "strong" leader that has come to power has been next to ****ing useless. Trump, Bolsonaro, Orban... all arseholes who I wouldn't let run a sweetshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

DrumSteve wrote: »
    No, they don't.

Any "strong" leader that has come to power has been next to ****ing useless. Trump, Bolsonaro, Orban... all arseholes who I wouldn't let run a sweetshop.

I don't see any terrorist attacks in Hungary...

Or Poland for that matter..

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

Poland, Hungary have the right idea - no migrants !
    It would 'dilute the native culture' ..

Accepting migrants who are willing to be part of the host country is one thing. Accepting migrants whose beliefs / customs are at loggerheads with the host nation, who build enclaves and reject the values of the host country can only end in conflict

2nd, 3rd generation migrants, having achieved citizenship will want to assert their rights. islam is intolerant of other religions - and militantly so.

How can random attacks on innocent (infidels) on the streets of Europe come as a surprise to anyone !
    Why are the muslims - who are supposedly against such acts - not taking to the streets chanting "not in our name"

Fear, is my guess. A cult that makes it nigh impossible for a member to leave that cult rules by fear. Introducing Sharia law is the avowed aim of islam

A bit late now - the trojan horse is in town

We suffer from weak, short-sighted leadership. We'll have a wicked harvest to reap down the road ..

Alfred123 wrote: »
    Poland, Hungary have the right idea - no migrants !
    It would 'dilute the native culture' ..

Accepting migrants who are willing to be part of the host country is one thing. Accepting migrants whose beliefs / customs are at loggerheads with the host nation, who build enclaves and reject the values of the host country can only end in conflict

2nd, 3rd generation migrants, having achieved citizenship will want to assert their rights. islam is intolerant of other religions - and militantly so.

How can random attacks on innocent (infidels) on the streets of Europe come as a surprise to anyone !
    Why are the muslims - who are supposedly against such acts - not taking to the streets chanting "not in our name"

Fear, is my guess. A cult that makes it nigh impossible for a member to leave that cult rules by fear. Introducing Sharia law is the avowed aim of islam

A bit late now - the trojan horse is in town

We suffer from weak, short-sighted leadership. We'll have a wicked harvest to reap down the road ..

Poland and Hungary are only doing what most countries would have done a few years ago, it was the norm, here and in other places they mumble about our obligations to the EU/UN... Meanwhile setting us up for years of problems.

OSI wrote: »
    Just like Catholicism then.

Lols .. really .. Catholics afraid to leave the church ?

Where'd you get that ? They are leaving in their droves .. without as much as a farewell to the priest ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

John Doe1 wrote: »
    God, I remember when I was growing up that Sweden was pretty much regarded as a low crime utopia.

No idea what happened.

Oh no wait, they opened the gates to believers in a religion which is anathema to western values and which is more right wing than the S.S and that hate our very existence. That's the one.

You can't be that stupid, oh wait, maybe you can. There are lots of you breathern in and organisation called QAnon in the states.

You cannot officially leave the Catholic church.

Defection from the Catholic faith or from the communion of the Church is of course possible, as is expressly recognized in the Code of Canon Law.

Do check these facts out before pressing the Submit button

Re islam - Most Muslim scholars believe that apostasy is a crime for which the perpetrator must be sentenced to death.

To make it simpler for you, nobody's gonna be chasin you down the street with a hatchet for leaving the Catholuc church
    Nor will you be mad with worry about your neighbour finding out

.. islam is entirely another ball game

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Defection from the Catholic faith or from the communion of the Church is of course possible, as is expressly recognized in the Code of Canon Law.

Not since 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

You can't be that stupid, oh wait, maybe you can. There are lots of you breathern in and organisation called QAnon in the states.

There's not one thing in that statement that's conspiratorial. It's beyond pathetic that the only tool in your arsenal is sh!t slinging. It's even more bizarre that the sh!t slinging is often accompanied by the worst sort of hubris imaginable. You don't get to be arrogant when you struggle with the most basic things, like making a sound counter argument. What passes for "debate" in the modern world is truly tragic, as we'll never be able to move forward when we can't even discuss things like adults.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

tdf7187 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1367177683306754048

Seems like certain representatives of the religion of peace are back to normal service. Guess this means the pandemic is drawing to an end.

What. An. Original. Point. You. Make.

Not trite at all. Seriously, every single time.

EDIT: and by this I mean, the coy, knowing comments. Just spit it out, FFS. Yes, we usually have a good idea of the religion of the perpetrator of these types of attacks. Why the dance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Four people were killed after falling through ice in Sweden last week.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/four-die-sweden-falling-ice-235410176.html
    An Afghan refugee brutally attacks 8 people yesterday and this is your only comment on the incident. No expression of saddest or sympathy for the people who are attacked. The innocent victims were aged between 20 and 70, not does it really matter to you.

I've given you the benefit of the doubt for some time but you are constantly derailing and trolling threads, so now you are on the ignore list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

And neither can you officially be made to attend.... that is not the same for Islam, where failure to attend the Mosque can be seen as leaving Islam,,,and that is forbidden...big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

If I was Swedish i'd be wanting mass deportations. Foreign born criminals and welfare spongers should be shown the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I stopped going to mass about 30 years ago, I don't recall them asking me to sign anything. We've heard of people like Sinead O Connor and Lisa Smith convert to Islam without being sentanced to death.

jmreire wrote: »
    And neither can you officially be made to attend.... that is not the same for Islam, where failure to attend the Mosque can be seen as leaving Islam,,,and that is forbidden...big time.

Absolute. Nor will you be murdered for leaving.
    Hence the difference btween Cult and Religion.

Most muslim scholars believe that apostasy is a crime for which the perpetrator must be sentenced to death = Cult

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theliberal.ie/swedish-detective-speaks-out-about-suppression-of-information-surrounding-migrant-crime-wave/amp/
    Date of article : Published onsdag 8 februari 2017

And what happened him...

https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/6626054
    Date of article : April 12, 2019 08:30

And OK lookey there's ol Jerzy Sarnecki on clean up duty again...

Has he been speaking out since 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Did this incident actually happen as I have heard no coverage of it on the Irish media?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

https://samnytt.se/har-ar-tamim-sultani-som-misstanks-ha-huggit-ner-atta-personer-i-vetlanda/

"Tamim Sultani as he is called in the Swedish register came to Sweden in February 2016 according to information from the Swedish Migration Board as an unaccompanied minor. He has no family connections and is unmarried according to the Swedish Tax Agency. Thanks to the upper secondary school law that the government, led by the Center Party, has pushed through, he received a temporary residence permit in 2018 - which expired in November 2020. Sultani applied for a new permit - but no new decision has been made yet.

According to information from the Swedish Tax Agency, he was born in Kabul, Afghanistan on February 12, 1999. In his photos on Instagram and Facebook, however, he looks much older"

Born in Kabul in 1999 and then immigrates into Sweden as a 17 year-old in 2016 an an 'unaccompanied minor'. Seriously, this guy was coming from hell, and then we wonder why he went bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

newmember? wrote: »
    Born in Kabul in 1999 and then immigrates into Sweden as a 17 year-old in 2016 an an 'unaccompanied minor'. Seriously, this guy was coming from hell, and then we wonder why he went bad?
    Many of the younger Afghans who have sought asylum in Sweden have never lived in Afghanistan.
    Most come from the populations that first fled to Iran and Pakistan and eventually moved on.

Even if he did grow up in war-torn Kabul it does nothing to excuse attempting to kill people around him. Nothing.

biko wrote: »

Even if he did grow up in war-torn Kabul it does nothing to excuse attempting to kill people around him. Nothing.

Absolutely ridiculous statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

"Stopped to talk to them about their situation"

Yeah.. dont do that

Absolutely ridiculous statement.
    So if you get attacked by someone with a background in a war-torn country, it somehow is excused? They didn't know better?

I don't care what your background is - if you stab me I hope you rot in jail, or hell.

Swedish member of their Dáil about Afghanis in Sweden:
    It is a bizarre over-representation of attempted and completed stabbings from this particular group.
    The victims range from police officers, HVB staff, students, to their own countrymen.

58 teenagers have been convicted of murder or attempted murder in the Court of Appeal since 2015, of which 11 are unaccompanied.

More unaccompanied Afghans have been killed by unaccompanied Afghans in Sweden than expelled Afghans have been killed by the Taliban.

Sweden seems to be more dangerous than Afghanistan for this group.
    SRC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Yep, don't try to help. All women are whores to this lot.

I assume you mean rapists?

Yep, don't try to help. All women are whores to this lot.

She may have been wearing a sleeveless t-shirt at the time .. ie askin for it

You should see the name they have on western women in Holland... Charming

Swedish member of their Dáil about Afghanis in Sweden:

SRC

It's bizarre and more than sad the way Sweden has gone..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

So if you get attacked by someone with a background in a war-torn country, it somehow is excused? They didn't know better?

I don't care what your background is - if you stab me I hope you rot in jail, or hell.

lol...that's the spirit...don't try and get an understanding of anything (maybe even prevent it happening), just react blindly.

Right. That's why on average only about 40% of Muslims in the west attend Mosque regularly. Sure the streets are littered with the millions murdered for not attending Mosque.

The operational word in your post is "The WEST ".. there are several Countrys ( in the west) where there are Societys or Councils of Ex-Muslims..with the members all using fake names because even here, they fear retribution...so even in the west, there is a price to be paid for leaving Islam. PS I take it you have heard of" Honor Killings", even here in the West Maybe not bodies as you describe them, but definitely they are ostracised , and seperated from their communities.Now, travel to Saudi, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc. and see the price for leaving Islam. I guarantee you, it will not just be ostracism.

• Advertisement

Sure they have marched against radical Islam, many times , but it will not change anything , because when the Radicals are challenged by their fellow Muslims, they simply show the relevant passage in the Quran, which not only justifies their murderous activity's, but encourages it. And they then accuse the peacfull Muslims of not being real Muslims. I worked with a Wahabbi at one time, and he explained it to me as follow's:- The Holy Quran allows believers to follow the path of peace or war. And plainly , it is being acted upon. You cannot find any passage in the Christian New Testament telling you to kill the unbelivers, or death if you leave Christianity.

Advertisement