Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the next step??

Options
  • 03-03-2021 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    I got morgage approval today which is great.
    I know the house I want, so whats the next step?

I know the bank will need the below before releasing funds:
    • Home Insurance
    • Valuation Report
    • Direct Debit Mandate
    • Funds Upfront
    • Life Cover
    • Solicitors Undertaking

Do I contact the property agent and make the offer, get the solicitior etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Next stop is make an offer on the house. If the bid gets accepted you'll need to provide proof of funds to the EA (just do it tbh, people are very squeamish about this but the EA sees this sort of thing every day), the first thing you should do that actually costs you any money is get a survey done, because if it turns out the house is going to sink in 5 years then you're obviously not going to buy it. If you're happy with the survey then get a solicitor and between them and the bank they'll let you know everything you need to provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TattooedLady

Hey Guys,
    I got morgage approval today which is great.
    I know the house I want, so whats the next step?

I know the bank will need the below before releasing funds:
    • Home Insurance
    • Valuation Report
    • Direct Debit Mandate
    • Funds Upfront
    • Life Cover
    • Solicitors Undertaking

Do I contact the property agent and make the offer, get the solicitior etc?

You'll need to find yourself a solicitor. Once you've gone sale agreed on a property the first thing is to get a survey done, you don't want to waste your time or energy on a house with loads of problems or major issues.

You'll need to get your letter of offer from your bank and then start looking into life insurance or mortgage protection, I would look into the insurance/protection early especially if you have any kind of medical issues.

Then once you've that done and the list above checked off it's a matter of getting contracts signed, drawing down the mortgage and getting into the house!

Advertisement