Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxing a 4x4

• 03-03-2021 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, a quick question for ye all.
    The Trooper passed its CVRT today, and no doubt the Cert and Disk will arrive next week.
    Can I get it taxed using the pass document from the test centre tomorrow, or must I wait till the stuff arrives in the post?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Hi guys, a quick question for ye all.
    The Trooper passed its CVRT today, and no doubt the Cert and Disk will arrive next week.
    Can I get it taxed using the pass document from the test centre tomorrow, or must I wait till the stuff arrives in the post?

Is it new to you or do you just need to renew ? If it’s just renewal you can probably do it on line without any issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

It's not new to me, but the CVRT is out since 2015 ...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

It's not new to me, but the CVRT is out since 2015 ...........

I’m guessing it was declared of the road all that time, I’ve only ever had to deal with back tax and that could be done online. I’m no good to you in this case, sorry.

No, it was lying at a lads house for that lenght of time, and I bought it from him.
    Have put everything into it, suspension/brakes/bushings/tyres wise.

I expect the Tax Office can see the "pass certificate" on-line, just don't know if that's enough to satisfy then, cause I don't want a wasted journey and a wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

once the system is updated online you should be able to tax it

you can check by entering the reg no here

https://operator.cvrt.ie/Vehicle/CRWExpiryTestReminder

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone.
    The motor tax office is closed to all visitors/customers.
    All can be done on-line, and the system recognizes a CVRT test has been passed almost immediately.
    You just need your vehicles Registration book ( to get the last 6 numbers from the front) and your insurance cert number.
    And your debit card of course!

System automatically generates four price options, 3 months, 6, 9 or 12 months, with the back tax automatically calculated and included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Thanks everyone.
    The motor tax office is closed to all visitors/customers.
    All can be done on-line, and the system recognizes a CVRT test has been passed almost immediately.
    You just need your vehicles Registration book ( to get the last 6 numbers from the front) and your insurance cert number.
    And your debit card of course!

System automatically generates four price options, 3 months, 6, 9 or 12 months, with the back tax automatically calculated and included.
    If it's a commercial you need to have the Goods Only Deceleration form (RF111A) signed and enclosed but you don't need to bring it to a Garda Station to get it stamped.
    https://www.gov.ie/en/form/a43ae6-form-rf111a-declaration-that-the-vehicle-will-only-be-used-as-a-good/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Dirty Nails

Base price wrote: »
    If it's a commercial you need to have the Goods Only Deceleration form (RF111A) signed and enclosed but you don't need to bring it to a Garda Station to get it stamped.
    https://www.gov.ie/en/form/a43ae6-form-rf111a-declaration-that-the-vehicle-will-only-be-used-as-a-good/

The declaration only applies on first taxing after change of ownership. Pure pain in the ass now with tax clearance certs.

I provided that to them back a year ago when I got it, along with a letter showing my herd number, a weighbridge docket and a form filled out by the Weightmaster, so good to go this time.

Advertisement