Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial Grass - Dog Allergic

Options
  • 04-03-2021 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Had some artificial grass laid last year and at around the same time my dog had her teeth cleaned at the vets. (Yes, there is a connection :D )

Some weeks after the teeth cleaning, my dog started displaying scratching and sneezing and eye-watering and after almost 6 months of going back and forth to the vets and assuming it was something to do with her teeth cleaning, we finally figured out that she is actually having a reaction to the grass :(

She is now on allergy medication and is pretty good but it's not something I would like to keep her on long term, besides the fact, the medication is almost €70 a month!

I've looked into artificial grass and it seems that some of it is shipped in from China, etc, and contains all sorts of nasty stuff and I'm wondering...

A) Has anyone else had a similar experience, B) Does anyone know of anywhere I can get the grass analysed as it was advertised as dog friendly and I'm not one bit happy about having to remove it. C) Does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland that sells PU backed, pet friendly grass that has been produced in Europe?

Any and all advice appreciated!

Advertisement