Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Certificate of Discharge

Options
  • 04-03-2021 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

"The Household Charge (Due for 2012 ONLY)
    The Household Charge (HC) was an annual charge introduced by the Local Government (Household Charge) Act 2011 which was payable by owners of residential property. It was a matter for owners of residential properties to register and pay the HC on or after 1 January 2012."

So I am selling my house and require Household Charge Certificate of Discharge.

I am not getting a reply from email for 1 month and the phone numbers are not in service.

Has anyone recently managed to get a response from this office or a Household Charge Certificate of Discharge recently? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

"The Household Charge (Due for 2012 ONLY)
    The Household Charge (HC) was an annual charge introduced by the Local Government (Household Charge) Act 2011 which was payable by owners of residential property. It was a matter for owners of residential properties to register and pay the HC on or after 1 January 2012."

So I am selling my house and require Household Charge Certificate of Discharge.

I am not getting a reply from email for 1 month and the phone numbers are not in service.

Has anyone recently managed to get a response from this office or a Household Charge Certificate of Discharge recently? Thanks.

It shows on the LPT screen in Revenue.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

It shows on the LPT screen in Revenue.ie

I can see that line item in the LPT screen.

Is a Household Charge Certificate of Discharge available? Where can I get this?

My solicitor is requesting it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

I got reply within 8 business days.
    PM me if you want format of email I sent to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

I'm trying to get a cert of discharge for this also. Emails go unanswered other than an automated reply and the phone numbers are both dead.

Is there some magically way of a response on this? Need it for a house sale .

Edit: I've just tried to request is through ros.ie enquiries... Will report back if that's successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

I contacted Clare Co Co in May of this year requesting this and to date have not received anything except 1 standard email reply outlining what I needed to provide. I gave them the requested info and since then, nothing. As it turns out, I'm not selling the house now until early next year but they don't know that. It's dreadful public service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Could I have a copy please ? Tried to PM but not allowed as you are showing as private account. Thank you

Advertisement