Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are New Builds Low Quality

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

I should add for our new build we had agreed for our engineer to pop out and visit the site a few times as it was going up. He did one site visit (hence the sound proofing) before we withdrew. If your budget allows I would recommend others do that for new build. Maybe have them view it at that stage, just before the roof goes on and
    Maybe after the roof is on. It was our solicitor who recommended to have intervals checks on the new build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭spring lane jack

awec wrote: »
    And your house is almost certainly going to be A2 as well. This is conspiracy theory stuff here.

You would be surprised. My house is very draughty and cold and it is a new build. I even had the heating on this morning and we in fu*king June. The walls are well insulated but where the roofs and walls meet is the source of the problems and the draughts travel through the cavities. My third floor is concrete and has started to slightly buckle.

Advertisement