Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Anyone looking at buying in the pre-sale? The Irish games pack is a lot less than I expected.

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/news/621306/rugby-world-cup-france-2023-tickets-go-on-sale

175 for the category 4 package or 310 for the category, could be a lot worse

I'm in for the pre sale the 175 in the team pack includes a QF too Which is fantastic value to he fair to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

I guess pricing has a lot to do with the pool games. Argentina is more expensive - presumably because they have England and Japan in their pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭agoodusername

I'm in for the pre sale the 175 in the team pack includes a QF too Which is fantastic value to he fair to them.
    The category 4 areas look incredibly small so I imagine I'll have to settle for the more expensive sections, which still aren't shockingly priceed

• Registered Users Posts: 14 joycer31

i signed up to the site, can you sign up for specific games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

joycer31 wrote: »

Only packs are available from the 15th of March 2021, the individual tickets/games go on sale in September 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

joycer31 wrote: »

No. On the other hand for s.pacific games Fiji, Tonga and Samoa are always good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Where did you see about the 1/4 included? I keep seeing 'ability to add quarter final if team makes it' - can you buy a pack with the 1/4 final included from 15th March?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Hoboo

eposhea wrote: »
    Where did you see about the 1/4 included? I keep seeing 'ability to add quarter final if team makes it' - can you buy a pack with the 1/4 final included from 15th March?

That's how I read it. Group games and option to buy QF.

Just a heads up in case anyone gets caught out next Monday, only Mastercard is being accepted for the pre-sale on the 15th March apparently.

"Only Mastercard, Visa and CB cards are accepted on our website. Please note that from 15 to 17 March 2021, only Mastercard cards will be accepted."
    (Source: https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/en/faq)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Weird that the Ireland option doesn't give you the option to purchase the semi or final...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

hahashake wrote: »
    Weird that the Ireland option doesn't give you the option to purchase the semi or final...

1l3v8e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,390 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Going to try and get Irish pack but only interested in the 2 matches in Paris, if I get them I’ll make 2 weekend trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭Nermal

No ballot? Just every man for himself on the fifteenth? Assume the site is just going to fail straight away, right?

Just a heads up in case anyone gets caught out next Monday, only Mastercard is being accepted for the pre-sale on the 15th March apparently.

"Only Mastercard, Visa and CB cards are accepted on our website. Please note that from 15 to 17 March 2021, only Mastercard cards will be accepted."
    (Source: https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/en/faq)

Well that's crap and me out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Nermal wrote: »
    No ballot? Just every man for himself on the fifteenth? Assume the site is just going to fail straight away, right?

I am already getting PTSD from the 8 hour queues during the last RWC general sales...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Everytime I click "Activate your account" it just brings me to my user details.

I have no confirmation of anything actually working.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well that's crap and me out!!

surely you could sort yourself with a prepaid mastercard before then?

quick google gives me https://www.swirlcard.com/

haven't used them but there's definitely a reputable prepaid mastercard operator out there

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Random Bloke

troyzer wrote: »

Same. I’m hoping that everything is good to go, but it would be nice to get some confirmation.

I also registered my card details a few days ago (I have a MasterCard) but now I cannot access the “my payment methods” section as it is greyed out.

Not the easiest website to use, but hopefully it works on the 15th. Fingers crossed.

lawred2 wrote: »
    surely you could sort yourself with a prepaid mastercard before then?

quick google gives me https://www.swirlcard.com/

haven't used them but there's definitely a reputable prepaid mastercard operator out there

Cheers...have started to look into it, hopefully I'm sorted come Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is there a way to see price of pool bundles including qf? Its probably obvious but had quick look and couldnt see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,390 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

You can pick up prepaid MasterCard/currency card in the post office, same day, just bring passport/driving licence and a utility bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭PMC83

Website is seriously confusing. Keeps telling me to activate my account even though I am already logged in?

Have you been able to pre register already? Where did you see about the qf being included? Couldn't spot that on the site.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Have you been able to pre register already? Where did you see about the qf being included? Couldn't spot that on the site.

Its says it's going to be an option in the team pack in the faq section under - What kind of tickets are available for purchase? It's going to be an add on option by the sound of things

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/en/faq

troyzer wrote: »

Same. I’m hoping that everything is good to go, but it would be nice to get some confirmation.

You should get a confirmation email shortly after confirming.

Its says it's going to be an option in the team pack in the faq section under - What kind of tickets are available for purchase? It's going to be an add on option by the sound of things

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/en/faq

Thanks, spotted that, looks like the standard bundle prices they're giving are just the pool games and if you wanted the qf on top of it, it would be extra alright.

Also the total price per bundle works out at 4 matches per the average price they're giving so guess it must not be included so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Ive registered, but it wont let me put in my payment details ?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Also the total price per bundle works out at 4 matches per the average price they're giving so guess it must not be included so.

Yep anyones guess at the moment how much extra the qf ticket option may be!

Shelflife wrote: »
    Ive registered, but it wont let me put in my payment details ?

Same - I registered a few days ago and "My payment methods" has been greyed out since!

• Advertisement

Yep anyones guess at the moment how much extra the qf ticket option may be!

Seems bit odd when they presumably know already if tickets are on sale from Monday, guess its wait and see so

Advertisement