Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

When are the quarter final/semi/final tickets going on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

Got Lyon and St Denis. Happy with that, just need to confirm once I've had a look at how they fit together on my calendar. Booking on mobile was not fun, got booted out 3 times.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

skeogh82 wrote: »
    Mooched around the website for 30 mins and eventually got the team pack that I wanted...I was on mobile so not sure whether or how you add the quarter final but at least I got tickets

Ireland?

CZ 453 wrote: »
    When are the quarter final/semi/final tickets going on sale?

Individual tickets not going on sale till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Individual tickets not going on sale till next year.

Thanks. Will they be going on sale in packs/bundles before then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭skeogh82

Ireland?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭skeogh82

awec wrote: »
    Adding the quarter final was actually really easy to miss.

When it brings up the list of fixtures you are buying there is a white box at the bottom with the quarter final and you had to check a box there. I very nearly missed it.

Ah well - sure at least we got the other 4 tickets

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Thanks. Will they be going on sale in packs/bundles before then?

QF were an option with the team packs today.

The final is likely to be a ballot.

On a side note there will be an official secure platform to sell any unwanted tickets launched next year.

skeogh82 wrote: »
    Yep

Nice one, they sold out hours ago seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I was never able to get in, still cant, the OH managed earlier and was able to get what we wanted, didnt like her Mastercard CC, went in a loop twice, and brought us back to the cart, tried my Debit card and worked straight away.

2 other friends were trying, one got in before us, had similar CC issues, but got what she wanted, the other friend eventually got in but didnt manage to get anything yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

Got in around 2pm after queuing and getting booted out several times since 11.
    Got 4 x Cat 3 city packs, Cat 4 sold out by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

anyone else still not able to get in?

Mutliple devices and browsers and all saying

Your progress will be displayed as soon as the queue starts to redirect to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

d.pop wrote: »
    Got in around 2pm after queuing and getting booted out several times since 11.
    Got 4 x Cat 3 city packs, Cat 4 sold out by then.

Same...was delighted with myself after all that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

That was one mess.

I got on to the queue, on my laptop, just after 10.30am and entered the email address for the alert.

Eventually at about 12.45, I tried on my phone as well, and this time got straight into a 55%, then it dropped incrementally to 0. At the point of giving it all up, I got in on my phone at 13.10 (the laptop was still waiting for a % !). For me all the Ireland packs were gone, so I had one look at the St Denis packs, and there seemed to be plenty of Cat 3 up. So ended up with

Australia v E1
    SA v Ireland
    Scotland v Ireland

That'll do but hopefully i can get some of the Ireland tickets for Sept 16th later.

BTW, when the laptop screen did let me in, the site had never sent me an alert email.

Boscoirl wrote: »
    I was never able to get in, still cant, the OH managed earlier and was able to get what we wanted, didnt like her Mastercard CC, went in a loop twice, and brought us back to the cart, tried my Debit card and worked straight away.

2 other friends were trying, one got in before us, had similar CC issues, but got what she wanted, the other friend eventually got in but didnt manage to get anything yet

Yes, that was the other problem, I had to try my Mastercard 3 times, then got a verification number that was texted on the 4th try....talk about stress !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You'd imagine with the scheduling of the fixtures that a lot of people will be looking to offload games 1 & 2 from the pack

I can see Nantes City packages still available Cats 1 and 2

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

AdamD wrote: »
    You'd imagine with the scheduling of the fixtures that a lot of people will be looking to offload games 1 & 2 from the pack

The full week between games is a bit of a nuisance. Spending 4 weeks in France for the pools is too long for most.

The way I look at the pack though the value is in the 2 later pool games (plus QF if you got it). The first two games are basically freebies on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

I imagine there'll be some packs returning to sale if people don't confirm their reservations over the next couple of days.

Maybe some held back for after the mastercard exclusive period too?

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Iompair wrote: »
    I imagine there'll be some packs returning to sale if people don't confirm their reservations over the next couple of days.

There's another release on Thursday for the rest of the pre-registered people who have Visa cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Iompair wrote: »

General sale is April 6th too.

They will stagger the sales.

It should be relatively easy to get tickets, the French generally wont go to neutral games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Are the tickets print outs or do they send you physical tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Hogzy wrote: »
    Are the tickets print outs or do they send you physical tickets?

Looks like they're gonna be printouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

Looks like they're gonna be printouts.

Gah! Always trickier to sell on. Also its exciting getting them in the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

Does anyone know if you'll be able to re-sell any tickets that you got as a "Follow Team Pack" on an official resale site?
    For JapanI bought and sold single tickets via official site but didn't have a team Pack

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TeholB

No luck for me. Hoping to eventually pick up tickets to the first 2 games. Do 10 day trip between Bordeaux and Nantes.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to re-sell any tickets that you got as a "Follow Team Pack" on an official resale site?
    For JapanI bought and sold single tickets via official site but didn't have a team Pack

Yes I believe there will be an official site for that in due course

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PunkIPA

Managed to snag a Paris pack - the whole process was an absolute shambles though! I was through to the end of the queue 4 times and either ended up on the home screen unable to login or got the Error 503 screens!

Two quick questions:

1. Has anyone who's been in the SdF before know what the view from the Cat3 tickets will be like? I had a look on that View From My Seat website and the one picture of the stadium they had from behind the posts looked pretty decent!

2. Assuming I end up going to the AUS v (Georgia?) game, are there any bars in the vicinity that would be showing the IRE v EUR2 game before kickoff? Based on the times it looks like we play in Bordeaux at 15:30 and the AUS game kicks off at 18:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

four hours later Im in and the only option left for paris city pack is Cat 2

Have decided to stretch to this and the site refuses to take my €1750. You couldnt make this up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

PunkIPA wrote: »
    Managed to snag a Paris pack - the whole process was an absolute shambles though! I was through to the end of the queue 4 times and either ended up on the home screen unable to login or got the Error 503 screens!

Two quick questions:

1. Has anyone who's been in the SdF before know what the view from the Cat3 tickets will be like? I had a look on that View From My Seat website and the one picture of the stadium they had from behind the posts looked pretty decent!

2. Assuming I end up going to the AUS v (Georgia?) game, are there any bars in the vicinity that would be showing the IRE v EUR2 game before kickoff? Based on the times it looks like we play in Bordeaux at 15:30 and the AUS game kicks off at 18:00.

I've had cat 3 tickets in Stade de France before and for the money I think they were descent enough. Going on 2007 experience every bar/pub will be showing the games...was great craic!!

Advertisement