Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

PunkIPA wrote: »
    Managed to snag a Paris pack - the whole process was an absolute shambles though! I was through to the end of the queue 4 times and either ended up on the home screen unable to login or got the Error 503 screens!

Two quick questions:

1. Has anyone who's been in the SdF before know what the view from the Cat3 tickets will be like? I had a look on that View From My Seat website and the one picture of the stadium they had from behind the posts looked pretty decent!

2. Assuming I end up going to the AUS v (Georgia?) game, are there any bars in the vicinity that would be showing the IRE v EUR2 game before kickoff? Based on the times it looks like we play in Bordeaux at 15:30 and the AUS game kicks off at 18:00.

If you get tickets anywhere after row 30 behind the post in SdF they have a very good view

Anything lower and you'll be looking at arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

Haven’t been to StD but was in Tokyo for RWC 2019 and all the stadiums had giant screens showing the other games, I.e. go to the stadium early, grab a beer and sit down and watch the other games taking place before going to take your seat for your own game. I assume they will have something similar in 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭timfinnegan

mitresize5 wrote: »
    four hours later Im in and the only option left for paris city pack is Cat 2

Have decided to stretch to this and the site refuses to take my €1750. You couldnt make this up

I'm in the site and selected the exact same option, but when I choose the package and click proceed, it says the shopping cart is empty.

C'est infuriating, les Francais ahhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭CONSI

wait half the day to get in, then it comes up saying you have 2 minutes to enter, press enter and returns me to 49% in the queue..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭skeogh82

More team packs up right now - higher price point ones but run!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PunkIPA

d.pop wrote: »
    Haven’t been to StD but was in Tokyo for RWC 2019 and all the stadiums had giant screens showing the other games, I.e. go to the stadium early, grab a beer and sit down and watch the other games taking place before going to take your seat for your own game. I assume they will have something similar in 2023.

This would be ideal actually! Fingers crossed! I can't see the AUS v EUR1 selling out an 80k stadium so I'd imagine there will be limited enough opportunities to sell those tickets on the resale platform. Having paid for it now I may as well go and if I can watch the Ireland game in the stadium beforehand all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Twice now I've had the queue get to 100%, and nothing. Just sits with graphic showing ball over the posts, and % ticker reverts to "-"

Doesn't forward to next page :mad:

As far as I can see there's no way of getting any tickets for Irish games on the site now. I'm on the site and all packages, city and team, all categories are not available

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Some cat 3 tickets available for Saint-Denis again now for anyone still looking. The site is letting me straight in now, but not sure if that's because I've already been in as others have said. I was just looking to check which areas of the stadium were which category.

Bazzo wrote: »
    Some cat 3 tickets available for Saint-Denis again now for anyone still looking. The site is letting me straight in now, but not sure if that's because I've already been in as others have said. I was just looking to check which areas of the stadium were which category.

I don't know how you're seeing these tickets. As far as I can see there are no Irish tickets available in any category or city package,

There's no problem buying tickets for other less popular countries

• Advertisement

it's simple to get into the site now, no 4 hour wait, because there's no Irish tickets available

I don't know how you're seeing these tickets. As far as I can see there are no Irish tickets available in any category or city package,

I have CAT 3 SdF tickets showing but cant buy them. Same error when trying to add to the cart

• Registered Users Posts: 22 wake

been trying since 1030 - finally got onto the site about 3 o'clock - Error to cart every single time for the last 90 minutes

Shambles again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Like I said was just looking for the stadium map so went to the site and when I was looking at it cats 1,2 and 4 showed unavailable but there were cat 3s available. They're probably coming and going regularly so if you're still looking I'd sit there refreshing

its now showing only CAT1/2 tickets for SdF and they are unable to buy either

I work in software development and cant believe how poor this set up is

This is real mickey mouse stuff

my 100% reverted back to 0% again for the umpteenth time today...

I just checked and it's showing Cat 1 and 2 tickets for the Paris pack for me. There are also Cat 2 tickets for the Scotland and SA packs showing for me, but that would be a very expensive way of getting an Ireland match!

I reckon there will have to be more availability in the next few days with the Visa and general release tranches.

its now showing only CAT1/2 tickets for SdF and they are unable to buy either

I work in software development and cant believe how poor this set up is

This is real mickey mouse stuff

and now showing nothing available ... I'm calling it a day

I have CAT 3 SdF tickets showing but cant buy them. Same error when trying to add to the cart

The reason it's saying "error to cart" now is because there are no Irish tickets available, If you select other countries you can proceed to the shopping cart checkout, no problemos.

and now showing nothing available ... I'm calling it a day
    we'll watch in the pub, surely they will be open by then, right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bluwave

Started into this at 1041.

Got in just twenty minutes ago, can see anything available, can’t see it saying that things are sold out.

What a pitiful way of doing business.

I’m out. Day wasted.

If anyone is selling on tickets for The Nantes and Bordeaux fixtures drop me a PM please.

I just checked and it's showing Cat 1 and 2 tickets for the Paris pack for me. There are also Cat 2 tickets for the Scotland and SA packs showing for me, but that would be a very expensive way of getting an Ireland match!

I reckon there will have to be more availability in the next few days with the Visa and general release tranches.

I don't know how that's possible. I'm operating off two separate devices and both of them have no Irish tickets available in any category, team or city.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

There will be more tickets available on Thursday and April 6th, no need to panic people.

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/news/624262/first-rugby-world-cup-2023-ticket-packs-go-on-sale
    Availability on all products is guaranteed on the launch day of all sale phases, including 18 March (for anyone in the 2023 Family) and 6 April (general public)

There will be more tickets available on Thursday and April 6th, no need to panic people.

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/news/624262/first-rugby-world-cup-2023-ticket-packs-go-on-sale

I wouldn't hold my breath on this promise, after todays French farce.

Thomond Park, RDS etc will hopefully just set up big screens

I don't know how that's possible. I'm operating off two separate devices and both of them have no Irish tickets available in any category, team or city.

I checked again and it's now showing me the same as you - every pack featuring an Ireland game is sold out. It might be the case that some tickets are just popping up now as people remove them from their baskets. I had two Cat 2 Paris tickets in my basket about 5 mins ago just to check if they were actually available to buy.

It might be worthwhile refreshing every now and then to see if anything pops up? I think they will have to have kept some tickets back in reserve for the Visa release and the general release though. It would be an absolute farce if they were all gone after a few hours given how chaotic it was this morning.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

CONSI wrote: »
    Thomond Park, RDS etc will hopefully just set up big screens

Doubtful, is a TV rights nightmare.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I think they will have to have kept some tickets back in reserve for the Visa release and the general release though. It would be an absolute farce if they were all gone after a few hours given how chaotic it was this morning.

What Visa release? They only reason why Mastercard holders had exclusivity today was because they are a sponsor.

Of course there will be more tickets come up but u fortunately it will be worse on Wednesday when any credit card holder who pre registered can try and buy.

Then in April everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

A friend bought a pack for me and they sent me an email with a link to pay my share and.....the link brings me to the queue. Great stuff all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

Total and utter farce - a day wasted to get nowhere. Kept seeing the ball heading for the posts on the queue tracker and then QUEUING PROCESS --. and nothing - time after time - if this is how the French are going to run a World cup this time around it will be a shambles. Went in 2007 and have travelled to many sports events around the world but never seen a worse ticketing process than this.

Advertisement