Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭timfinnegan

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PunkIPA

westcork67 wrote: »
    Total and utter farce - a day wasted to get nowhere. Kept seeing the ball heading for the posts on the queue tracker and then QUEUING PROCESS --. and nothing - time after time - if this is how the French are going to run a World cup this time around it will be a shambles. Went in 2007 and have travelled to many sports events around the world but never seen a worse ticketing process than this.

There will have to be more tickets available on Wednesday and/or in April for general release. I thought they were selling 20% of all tickets as part of the packs? At the minute it's showing that all city packs are sold out apart from St. Etienne with only the likes of Fiji, Japan, and Italy having any team packs available.

Based on how few people seemed to have been able to get anything good today they couldn't possibly have sold 500,000 tickets already.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭agoodusername

Got 5 of category 3 Paris packs, delighted but I'm hoping that I will be able to flog the Aussie game. Any hope that I'll get anything for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The same thing happens every 4 years. And in the end we all get sorted.

Anyone annoyed today is in the same group I was 4 years ago and 8 years ago when the follow my team packs came to naught.

But then it all came good.

Nothing will ever beat the elation of lying in bed on the ticket resale site at 310am furiously refreshing the site and getting 2 Ireland v NZ tickets. And then flying out to Tokyo less than 2 days later.

If you put in the effort you'll get to every game you want to. Ireland tickets are always a ballache due to demand, but it's over 2 years away. There's so many plans that will go bellyup in the meantime, tickets will become available to anyone who wants them.

Got 5 of category 3 Paris packs, delighted but I'm hoping that I will be able to flog the Aussie game. Any hope that I'll get anything for them?

There will be an official ticket resale portal in 2023 in the leadup to the tournament. You'll be able to get rid then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Scythica

Spent all day in work and now seems virtually everything is sold out already.

WFH would have its benefits i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Scythica wrote: »
    Spent all day in work and now seems virtually everything is sold out already.

WFH would have its benefits i suppose

I wouldnt say that! I spent the day working from home and on the laptop queuing again and again and again for ticketd, got absolutely no work done and didnt get any tickets :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bluwave

The same thing happens every 4 years. And in the end we all get sorted.

Anyone annoyed today is in the same group I was 4 years ago and 8 years ago when the follow my team packs came to naught.

But then it all came good.

Nothing will ever beat the elation of lying in bed on the ticket resale site at 310am furiously refreshing the site and getting 2 Ireland v NZ tickets. And then flying out to Tokyo less than 2 days later.

If you put in the effort you'll get to every game you want to. Ireland tickets are always a ballache due to demand, but it's over 2 years away. There's so many plans that will go bellyup in the meantime, tickets will become available to anyone who wants them.

I don’t doubt I will get sorted, but the idea that the exact same shyt show is taking place this time round as the last time is the hard part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Did I see someone post a link earlier for somewhere you can still register? A mate is hoping to get tickets in the next release but of course hasn't registered, thought I saw someone post a link earlier but can't find it now.

I think he will have to wait until the general sale in April I'm afraid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I'm hearing the French website has gone on strike...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭timfinnegan

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I'm hearing the French website has gone on strike...

Ho ho, won't make any difference :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr chips 55

Bazzo wrote: »
    Did I see someone post a link earlier for somewhere you can still register? A mate is hoping to get tickets in the next release but of course hasn't registered, thought I saw someone post a link earlier but can't find it now.

Famille2023.rugbyworldcup. com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Doesn’t sound like the most pleasant experience unfortunately. Neither my father or I have a MasterCard so have to wait till Thursday I think before getting access to the site.

Trying to get the Saint Denis pack for both of us. Might have to go with the more expensive categories but the pricing seems very reasonable in fairness.

Doesn’t sound like the most pleasant experience unfortunately. Neither my father or I have a MasterCard so have to wait till Thursday I think before getting access to the site.

Trying to get the Saint Denis pack for both of us. Might have to go with the more expensive categories but the pricing seems very reasonable in fairness.

Pricing is very reasonable in fairness.

My rule of thumb was to max out my category where possible as they would see lower demand. I never bother going for cat d/4 or cat c/3., Especially for Ireland matches. They will make you heartbroken.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

150k people in the Q apparently at 11am and this was unpresecedented lol

"As a consequence of this huge demand, number of packs are no longer available in this initial presale phase. However, there are price categories still available for Saint-Etienne City Packs and Argentina, Australia, Italy, Fiji, Japan Follow My Team Packs:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rugbyworldcup/status/1371536063391531012

From the RWC Twitter account:

"We would like to assure those fans that there will be availability across all packs and price categories when the 2023 Family next phase opens on 18 March at 17:00 GMT."

I wonder whether there will be meaningful availability for the in demand packs? Or have they just kept a few hundred back so they can give the impression of availability?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Did I read that right that the next sale on the 18th starts at 17:00 GMT???

Why so late in the evening?? Such a random start time.

What a disaster the system couldn’t deal with 150000 people logging in!

Incidentally, does anyone know when is the earliest that flights and/or hotels will be available to book?

PunkIPA wrote: »
    Incidentally, does anyone know when is the earliest that flights and/or hotels will be available to book?

Normally 13 months for flights and 12-16 months for hotels.

Non Paris flights might be seasonal so may not be available that far out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Did I read that right that the next sale on the 18th starts at 17:00 GMT???

Yes 5pm for the next 2 sales periods.
    Its a much better time than 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Essielo

What a nightmare yesterday missed out on follow my team packs but eventually got in and went for 3 x City packs to get Ireland tickets. Cat 2 for Bordeaux and Cat 3 for Nantes and SDF. Put them on the 48hr hold thing as I did the whole thing so fast was afraid I'd lose out and wasn't sure if team packs would come back up. Anyway looks like nothing left now on the site before next sales so don't fancy risking the same mare on Thursday sale.will just bite the bullet with city packs obviously won't get to all 9 games but it works out at €700 for 9 games I will defo go to all Ire games and Wales & Fiji so not bad value overall.Will try flog the other tickets I won't get to i know some rugby loving people in Nantes and Bordeaux so would even give tickets to them at reduced price or freebies if they would go as hate to see tickets wasted

Anyway many thanks to the poster on here that posted that link to get straight up the queue it definitely worked but I didn't realise I was actually in the log in page tjen for ages doh!

What a piss poor website and process but not surprised with the French!c'est la vie and all that lol...eyeroll
    Hope everyone gets sorted in the next sales, few of my mates looking to get tiks thurs have warned them about the ****show yest...one wonders if they will improve server issues but I would be sceptical...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bluwave

Essielo wrote: »
    What a nightmare yesterday missed out on follow my team packs but eventually got in and went for 3 x City packs to get Ireland tickets. Cat 2 for Bordeaux and Cat 3 for Nantes and SDF. Put them on the 48hr hold thing as I did the whole thing so fast was afraid I'd lose out and wasn't sure if team packs would come back up. Anyway looks like nothing left now on the site before next sales so don't fancy risking the same mare on Thursday sale.will just bite the bullet with city packs obviously won't get to all 9 games but it works out at €700 for 9 games I will defo go to all Ire games and Wales & Fiji so not bad value overall.Will try flog the other tickets I won't get to i know some rugby loving people in Nantes and Bordeaux so would even give tickets to them at reduced price or freebies if they would go as hate to see tickets wasted

Anyway many thanks to the poster on here that posted that link to get straight up the queue it definitely worked but I didn't realise I was actually in the log in page tjen for ages doh!

What a piss poor website and process but not surprised with the French!c'est la vie and all that lol...eyeroll
    Hope everyone gets sorted in the next sales, few of my mates looking to get tiks thurs have warned them about the ****show yest...one wonders if they will improve server issues but I would be sceptical...

If your looking to ship on the Nantes and Bordeaux tickets I would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Has anyone managed to save details for their visa card to the site yet?

Has anyone managed to save details for their visa card to the site yet?

It doesn't matter if you can't- easy enough to input the details when you get through (I was planning to pre load them but couldn't and it was fine during the sale yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

310,000 tickets were sold on the site yesterday according to the director of the tournament.

300,000 tickets will go on sale on Thursday and another 300,000 on April 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr chips 55

Does anyone remember by any chance what the compulsory match of the Nantes pack is? Is it Arg vs. America 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

So I know people planning family trips have to well plan and buy tickets in advance but it seemed to me that you can always pick up a ticket day before or day of? Like realistically I just want to go to the scotland and sa games, I bet at the time there will be tickets. I found that in cardiff in 2015 at least there was a reasonably liquid market.

So I know people planning family trips have to well plan and buy tickets in advance but it seemed to me that you can always pick up a ticket day before or day of? Like realistically I just want to go to the scotland and sa games, I bet at the time there will be tickets. I found that in cardiff in 2015 at least there was a reasonably liquid market.

There's always going to be tickets floating around on the day. The follow my team pack's major advantage is locking in the QF no matter where we land. Means a repeat of 2019 won't happen with the shifting and ticketswaps were going on til just before kick off for some.

If I wasn't getting a FMT I would grab a city pack for St Denis. If you decide to go to the lesser games in our group you'll have no issue picking up tickets in the lead up to it or on the morning of.

Putting all your resources into the QF and SF moving forward now is also a better way to go about it as they're always harder to come by naturally. That being said, it's nice to be sorted over 2 years out from the tournament. Never before has it been like this for me and some in my group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Bringing a family of two adults and two kids means the only way that is going to happen is picking up one of these packs.

Advertisement