Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

So did anyone figure out a secret on how to get through the queue quick the last day or is it just enter at 5 o clock and see what happens??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

There's always going to be tickets floating around on the day. The follow my team pack's major advantage is locking in the QF no matter where we land. Means a repeat of 2019 won't happen with the shifting and ticketswaps were going on til just before kick off for some.

If I wasn't getting a FMT I would grab a city pack for St Denis. If you decide to go to the lesser games in our group you'll have no issue picking up tickets in the lead up to it or on the morning of.

Putting all your resources into the QF and SF moving forward now is also a better way to go about it as they're always harder to come by naturally. That being said, it's nice to be sorted over 2 years out from the tournament. Never before has it been like this for me and some in my group.

How does this work in practice (I've not been to a WC before)? Are the tickets printable PDFs? I've 2x FMT packs, 4 games plus QF, so can I print out 10 individual tickets before we travel, and/or email them on to someone?

As it is, knowing I've got this coming 30 months away, I can possibly save up enough leave to take a nice long extended holiday, but it's probable my partner won't be able to. So I'm wondering how easy it is in practice to swap "their" ticket to someone else if a friend is coming over for a weekend, or if I want to sell on a ticket (at face value).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

So did anyone figure out a secret on how to get through the queue quick the last day or is it just enter at 5 o clock and see what happens??

A load of us on a WhatsApp all trying to get them on Monday. Some of us got the 25% - 30% - 35% - 15% - 20% thing and eventually did get in (in my case after about 45 minutes); others got the "site is busy" message and never even got on to a queue until what they wanted was sold out. It seemed completely random.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Bringing a family of two adults and two kids means the only way that is going to happen is picking up one of these packs.

Yep that was me in the first sale - luckily got an Ireland pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

No idea. There was 5 of us online the last day trying to get tickets and none of us got in until they were all gone. Will try again today but not very optimistic seeing as there could be 400,000 people trying to get 300,000 available tickets but each person could be looking for 2-4 packs each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Yep that was me in the first sale - luckily got an Ireland pack.

how much was the Ireland pack

I was hoping for the St Denis city pack but would take the team pack as a back up. The first 2 matches should be easy to shift

I found the city packs easier to get than the ireland ones. So potentially if you really wanted to ensure you get the ireland games, you could try get the bordeaux and paris city packs.

it was the city pack for Paris I wasted 5 hours of my life trying to get on Monday!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

how much was the Ireland pack

I was hoping for the St Denis city pack but would take the team pack as a back up. The first 2 matches should be easy to shift

Got 4 of the cat 3 Ireland packs and that was €1240

We'll do the last 2 games as a family and flick whatever ones we don't use for games 1 and 2, there will be an official resale portal avaliable next year.

Cat 4s had gone by the time i got in about noon the other day.

They say there are 200,000 tickets being released today - that's only 50k packs, good luck to those trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr chips 55

I can see a few people with advice on reddit /r/RugbyUnion and on twitter searching for "rugby world cup tickets".

What worked well last time was to set up about 50 minutes beforehand, have a few different devices (computer, phone, tablet, other browsers), and to make sure you are on attente1 if you get pushed onto a supposedly non working server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Website under maintenance so take it you need to login prior to sale

Only issue is that I can't remember password take it will go back online before 5pm so I can login and be ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr chips 55

Only issue is that I can't remember password take it will go back online before 5pm so I can login and be ready?

I'd heard of users having lots of login problems so from the beginning I've only used the "login with Google" option which has had zero problems. If your email is a Gmail then use this (or similar I think another option may have been Facebook).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Where can you log in prior to sale? I just get sent to a generic page. Nothing in my email, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Where can you log in prior to sale? I just get sent to a generic page. Nothing in my email, etc.

You can't now...same last time the site was down until the queue started!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Got 4 of the cat 3 Ireland packs and that was €1240

We'll do the last 2 games as a family and flick whatever ones we don't use for games 1 and 2, there will be an official resale portal avaliable next year.

Cat 4s had gone by the time i got in about noon the other day.

They say there are 200,000 tickets being released today - that's only 50k packs, good luck to those trying.

Nice to be able to sit back and watch the feeding frenzy and panic, knowing you have your tickets already!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭timfinnegan

Nice to be able to sit back and watch the feeding frenzy and panic, knowing you have your tickets already!

Jesus, that is sad!

Ive two laptops, an iPad and a phone on the go this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭timfinnegan

Ive two laptops, an iPad and a phone on the go this time!

Hope it's enough. it's like the shoot out at the OK corral, fingers on your devices gentleman.......

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You login once you get to the top of the queue.

awec wrote: »
    You login once you get to the top of the queue.

What is this "top of the queue" you talk about??? I barely made it into the queue the last day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Is there a link to sale yet?

In the pre-queue queue.... :eek:

the queue is open

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Hands sweating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

I'm in the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation