Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If you buy the team pack I presume you get separate tickets for each match, i.e its not just one ticket for all 4 matches ?

In Japan my Ireland team pack was just one ticket on a lanyard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

AdamD wrote: »

Wonder does that mean you cant sell on individual matches from packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,403 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Eod100 wrote: »

Even if you count just the two big matches in Paris, unless you are going for the expensive seats, the price would be reasonable. I’ve no interest in going to Bordeaux/Nantes (unless some friends are going to go there on the piss) do I’m really buying the pack for the Scotland/Sth Af matches. I’m sure the demand will be off the charts for those matches, buying off a tout will be far more expensive and the open ballot is literally a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Dav010 wrote: »
    Even if you count just the two big matches in Paris, unless you are going for the expensive seats, the price would be reasonable. I’ve no interest in going to Bordeaux/Nantes (unless some friends are going to go there on the piss) do I’m really buying the pack for the Scotland/Sth Af matches. I’m sure the demand will be off the charts for those matches, buying off a tout will be far more expensive and the open ballot is literally a lottery.

Yeah just mean some people are buying to sell on the ones they definitely won't be going to so would be handy to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Eod100 wrote: »

It says this in the FAQ
    Will the tickets be nominative?

The tickets will be nominative. As soon as the tickets will be available on your account, you will be able to fill in the first and last name of the beneficiaries for each match. They can be different for each of them.

The modification of beneficiary can be made at any time before downloading the e-tickets.

So it would seem that the tickets will be e-tickets and there will be a separate ticket for each match, but its not definitive.

How did you know where your seat was for each match ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It says this in the FAQ

So it would seem that the tickets will be e-tickets and there will be a separate ticket for each match, but its not definitive.

How did you know where your seat was for each match ?

It had the details for each match on the ticket which was quite a large plastic thing that you could attach to the lanyard

AdamD wrote: »
    It had the details for each match on the ticket which was quite a large plastic thing that you could attach to the lanyard

I see.

I'd prefer individual tickets for each match, especially with the tournament being 2.5 years away, it would make my options more flexible.
    I’m sure the demand will be off the charts for those matches, buying off a tout will be far more expensive and the open ballot is literally a lottery.

There is no ballot this time, its first come first served.
    Ireland South Africa and Ireland Scotland are both in Paris, capacity is 80k.
    There are 2.6m tickets for this World Cup, there were 1.7m for the last one so there are almost 50% more tickets to be sold.
    Tickets should be much easier to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I see.

I'd prefer individual tickets for each match, especially with the tournament being 2.5 years away, it would make my options more flexible.

There is no ballot this time, its first come first served.
    Ireland South Africa and Ireland Scotland are both in Paris, capacity is 80k.
    There are 2.6m tickets for this World Cup, there were 1.7m for the last one so there are almost 50% more tickets to be sold.

But this one is much closer to the big rugby markets.

Fans will be able to fly in for weekends so I expect demand to be far higher to match the extra tickets

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

More seats avaliable for the lower tier games, not necessarily for the popular ones.

Anyone think its annoying pricing is not visible yet, pretty sure they've been public before any sale.

All the prices are on the site.

Here are the follow my team prices

Screenshot-2021-03-04-at-22.27.20.png

• Advertisement

Don't forget lads, for 15-17 March you can only pay with Mastercard.

Only Mastercard, Visa and CB cards are accepted on our website. Please note that from 15 to 17 March 2021, only Mastercard cards will be accepted.

We are pleased to offer several flexible payment options: you can pay in full, you can pay in three instalments at no extra charge (for purchases over 200€), or you can share the payment with friends and family. All information on payment methods can be found here (coming soon).

• Registered Users Posts: 49 onefinemorning

Any idea how the qtr final option works lads?

For example if you are buying a Category 4 "Ireland Pack" for 175 you are paying an extra 80 euro for the Quarter final. (175 to 255)

You have to assume that this pays for the relevant Ireland Quarter final (if we are that lucky to get there) rather than the other 3 !!

Any idea how the qtr final option works lads?

For example if you are buying a Category 4 "Ireland Pack" for 175 you are paying an extra 80 euro for the Quarter final. (175 to 255)

You have to assume that this pays for the relevant Ireland Quarter final (if we are that lucky to get there) rather than the other 3 !!

Correct it's the team pack plus a QF ticket for that same team. Not sure how it works this time but in previous years the difference is refunded if say Ireland didn't make the quarters.

We are pleased to offer several flexible payment options: you can pay in full, you can pay in three instalments at no extra charge (for purchases over 200€), or you can share the payment with friends and family. All information on payment methods can be found here (coming soon).

They also have something called the 48 hour window which seems a bit weird.
    What is the 48-hour reflection time option? And how does it work?

At the time of your reservation, you have the ability to hold your selected ticket order for a period of 48 hours (this option is charged at 3€ per order).

During this period, your reservation and the prices applied remain guaranteed and you can, at any time, come and confirm your option by paying the amount of your order directly from your account, in the tab "My orders".

At the end of the 48-hour expiry period, your order will be automatically cancelled if you have not paid for your order. You will be charged for the reflection time, (3 €) is retained by the organizer.

Sounds like a good thing, it could be open to abuse but it should stop the credit card errors people got for the last World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Already registered for the site but wanted to log in just now and check if I’ve updated my card details. I’m in a queue system already...

Which brings me to the next question, what’s everyone’s queuing strategy for tomorrow morning? For Japan it was a nightmare with some in the queue for 8-10 hours and no tickets left when they got through...

I think a poster here discovered a “magic link” to skip the queue at one point which helped a number of us out, with the new site that’s likely gone :)

Already registered for the site but wanted to log in just now and check if I’ve updated my card details. I’m in a queue system already...

Which brings me to the next question, what’s everyone’s queuing strategy for tomorrow morning? For Japan it was a nightmare with some in the queue for 8-10 hours and no tickets left when they got through...

I think a poster here discovered a “magic link” to skip the queue at one point which helped a number of us out, with the new site that’s likely gone :)

Site is down for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Site is down for maintenance.

But they will only tell you that after you've been in a queue to access the site for 15 minutes. :confused:

But they will only tell you that after you've been in a queue to access the site for 15 minutes. :confused:

I know, frustrating, it was the same for last WC, shame they didn’t learn.

Has anyone been able to update their credit card details (I know it should have done it yesterday).

After getting through the Q quickly I get the attached....is the site still down for maintenance?

Yes. I'm not too worried about that part - assuming I manage to get a package, I'm sure they'll ask me at that point to input payment details.

• Advertisement

Would someone mind checking this on their account:

I can login to the 2023 family presale page on the site using my email/password, but when I try to use them to login to main site, it doesn’t recognise them, this isn’t just today, it’s been that way from the start. Anyone else find this?

Would someone mind checking this on their account:

I can login to the 2023 family presale page on the site using my email/password, but when I try to use them to login to main site, it doesn’t recognise them, this isn’t just today, it’s been that way from the start. Anyone else find this?

Doesn't work for me either on thr main site...not sure why you'd register for the main site or why there are even two login areas on one site!

From their email
    To celebrate the partnership between Mastercard and Rugby World Cup France 2023, Mastercard cardholders will have a priority access to the presale from 11:00 GMT on 15 March to 19:00 GMT on 17 March. Only Mastercard payments will be accepted during the first three days.

So that's why they've restricted it to mastercard. It's a celebration! I didn't realise we were celebrating!

The Mastercard exclusivity has been buried in emails etc for a while, suspect there will be a few pissed people who waste time in the Q and get to checkout only to find out their visa card won't work.

Annoying too that there will be extra people trying to access the website who actually can't buy (with a visa card).

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Site still looks to be down for maintenance this morning.

Have a feeling this is going to be a frustrating process with a crash or two along the way!

Is it just a case of logging in to the Tickets site at 11 and following the instructions from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭PMC83

WELCOME
    TO THE TICKETING WEBSITE OF
    RUGBY WORLD CUP FRANCE 2023

In order to improve your experience, the website is currently under maintenance.

From 15 March at 12:00 (CET) to 17 March 20:00 (CET), Mastercard cardholders will have a priority access to the 2023 Family presale.

During this period, Mastercard will be the sole payment solution accepted on the platform.

From 18 March at 18:00 CET, anyone in the 2023 Family will be able to purchase City and Follow My Team packs. Availability of all products is guaranteed on the launch day of all sale phases, including 18 March (for anyone in the 2023 Family) and 6 April (general public).

So my understanding is that if you looking to buy match packs today, you wont be able to. They really are a mess.

PMC83 wrote: »
    WELCOME

In order to improve your experience, the website is currently under maintenance.

From 15 March at 12:00 (CET) to 17 March 20:00 (CET), Mastercard cardholders will have a priority access to the 2023 Family presale.

During this period, Mastercard will be the sole payment solution accepted on the platform.

From 18 March at 18:00 CET, anyone in the 2023 Family will be able to purchase City and Follow My Team packs. Availability of all products is guaranteed on the launch day of all sale phases, including 18 March (for anyone in the 2023 Family) and 6 April (general public).

So my understanding is that if you looking to buy match packs today, you wont be able to. They really are a mess.

Why do you think we won't be able to buy them today?

PMC83 wrote: »
    WELCOME

I suspect site will open at 11am so that everyone has a standing start.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr chips 55

Don't be silly PMC, of course you will of you get in fast enough. That is a standard procedure for tournament sales in preparation for opening a ticket portal. I'm guessing in the half hour before opening at some stage a queuing system will form and then mayhem, waiting, and eventual disappointment starts from 11am. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭PMC83

Don't be silly PMC, of course you will of you get in fast enough. That is a standard procedure for tournament sales in preparation for opening a ticket portal. I'm guessing in the half hour before opening at some stage a queuing system will form and then mayhem, waiting, and eventual disappointment starts from 11am. Good luck.

Lads I completely read that message wrong and pasted it onto boards, sorry dont mind me!!!!

Advertisement