Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Yes, definitely, but it's still an utter farce of a system! I advance as far as the expanding circle "You are in the queue, please wait..." screen, but never got into the actual queue itself. At one point it came up with some bullshit about me losing my place because I'd tabbed out or refreshed or something (I hadn't). I'm pretty sure everything was already sold by the time I got to that screen. I shouldn't complain too much, I managed to get tickets for "follow Ireland" package last year, but ffs, it's frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Got on eventually at about 7.00pm. Anything any good was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The only plus is we might learn a few things from the experience. Going to head home and try to do it at home on Thursday instead of work as would be stuck there all night otherwise. It's an awful time. Not sure why they didn't do a ballot or something like Japan. Whole system is a mess. Wouldn't leave you with much confidence that things will go right on Thursday especially with more people likely going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

Did anyone who managed to get tickets yesterday do the pay by instalments route? I read that was an option was wondering if it was actually there in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Totally, i just set the laptop up in the kitchen corner while I pottered cooking, eating and cleaning. Made the whole thing (marginally) less frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Seems another sale tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They have had 18 months to sort out the website and they have made literally no improvements to the site it seems.

Thursday will be worse, as there will be less tickets available than yesterday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Same day trips for €600pp lol

https://www.cassidytravel.ie/ireland-v-europe-2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

3 devices sitting on 0%, not holding out much hope.

• Advertisement

1 device on 0%, one still telling me "Please wait a little longer".

I haven't even got past loading page saying please wait and was on before 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭techdiver

I've been on since 4.55pm and still 0%. It's a piece of crap website!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

have 3 devices going 1 at 10% and 2 at 8%. Had the main page on and stopped autorefreshing and had to manual refresh. Got in at 5.02pm. Can't see getting anything now

There has to be tickets left for some of Ireland's games at least. Scotland and SA stadiums have huge capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

its the likes of viagogo I am afraid of grabbing tickets. Was on some NZ forums and cannot see anything or on reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 35 rushrovers

Been in the q since 5 to 5 and im on 55%. Much quicker than last time, so I still have some hope.

Didn't get on to the proper queue at all on Tuesday. Bizarre that I managed to get on this time for the public sale, and it's going quicker. Still not holding out much hope but I'll give it another 30 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Tinter Box

got in and 2 category 3 tickets for ire v Sa. Had 3 devices opened. iPhone went from 0-78 % in ten mins. Other 2 still loading. Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Could you leave the other 2 queues now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Tinter Box

😁 already did that. Just meant they were still loading when I got in. Had a quick look still tickets there for all games apart from opener and final.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 rushrovers

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 villamaria

On 28% but seems to be going up 1% per minute, so slow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I got 4 for each of the quarter finals in Paris and 2 to the Ireland Scotland game. Got in on 2 devices.

Must get rid of the Tonga and Romania tickets I panic bought on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

How are people getting in already, was on at 5 and am at 60%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭techdiver

Got 4 Category 1 for SA.

Site just seems like a lottery as regards getting in. I was at 0% for 10 minutes and then went straight to 52%. Climbed steadily for the next 15 minutes or so and got in around 5.30pm.

Nearly nabbed a final ticket too but when I went to add it to the basket they were gone.

Looks like Ireland tickets are the most difficult to get apart from France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

on at 5 only at 63% now at 18:30.

On at 4.55 on 3 devices.

99% for the last 15 mins

52%

And 57%

Lottery is a word to use alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Was at 99% for the past 45 mins, just got the you missed your turn notification and back to zero, lol farce of a system

• Advertisement

Yup, happened my device stuck on 99% too.

Meanwhile other 2 are miles back on 60 something percent. I look forward to the opportunity of buying tickets for the Namibia matches. Ha

Advertisement