Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭PMC83

FYI the resale site says you will be able to sell city /country pack tickets individually.

Resale information:

• The reseller will be refunded the individual match ticket price (see price grid). The refund will take place by France 2023 via bank transfer within two months after the ticket has been sold.
    • All tickets purchased in packs will be sold as individual match tickets.
    • If a reseller wishes to sell more than six tickets for the same match (bought through different sales phases), they can do so by creating two different resale posts.

I must say I'm pretty shocked at the prices, was planning on a trip to Bordeaux for the Romania game, debating it now as prices are through the roof for flights

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭rounders

From my reading of the resale portal, you will be selling the tickets individually or a in group. So for example, you can choose to sell every ticket individually so in theory 8 different people could buy them or you could choose to sell the tickets in batches of two's etc. So for the four games you will sell the two tickets together so 4 batches and 4 possible buyers. Hopefully that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

The 6 ticket limit is per game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I've tickets to sell for the Romania and Tonga fixtures. Hope there's some demand for resales. Shame the portal didn't open prior to christmas.

Flights for day after the final are up if anyone is staying on that long. Aerlingus are charging crazy numbers. Ryanair isn't bad. Beauvais to Dublin will have to do.

For anyone that hasn't booked the flights over yet, look to Brussels airport. 2 hour train from the airport with just one connection in brussel and then straight into Paris. Got a one way flight for €36 a few weeks back. Can't book the train yet but doesn't seem that expensive for sooner dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Thanks for that. The direct flights are absolutely mental. 900 from Cork. Brussels from Dublin looks the cheapest so far. I wonder will they up the price of the train from Brussels to Paris for these weekends.

The cost of the travel has me reconsidering going at all to be honest but Brussels looks like a viable alternative.

Had been looking at London as well and Eurostar but the trains are the higher fare on the days we'd be travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Mossey, don’t know what part of country you are in but if Belfast is any way commutable, look at Belfast -> Beauvais Friday, Bouvais - Manchester -Belfast Sunday, the flight line up nicely and it’s a lot less than €800

• Registered Users Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Also, I mentioned it above, but Lyon works well. Direct train from the airport to Paris in 2hrs

Flights for the Scotland match (out Fri 6th back Sun 8th) are currently €265, train should be pretty cheap based on current prices

I think the train prices will be ok, I got the train around for the euros in 2016 and they didn't inflate the prices

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

These packages prices especially the day trips are nuts

Good to see that legislation around ticket touting is working 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Try Air France for some of there connecting flights. We're coming back via Amsterdam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I'm going to take the family to these games -so if you had 4, I'd take them of your hands. Or if you and another boardsie had 2 each, Id be talking to you 😊

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Any tickets knocking around for games in Marseille ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Deramore

Resale platform opening at 11am today. Do people have their pdf tickets? I bought the QF package and no tickets so far

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Nope don't think any tickets have actually been issued yet. The portal is presumably linked to your online account where your purchase is currently sitting so it knows what you have available for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭Nermal

It's quite slick from the point of view of the seller. Fingers crossed the good people of Bordeaux are interested in the outcome of Samoa vs. Chile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

When is the resale platform open for purchases? It’s not the 15th is it? That’s an old title to the thread yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Title is referring to when they the very first batch went up for sale nearly two years ago.

If we have an admin in here though it's probably worth changing the name to Rugby World Cup Chit Chat or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

RUgby World Cup Travel Forum maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Any idea what time the resale portal opens? No info on the site or the email that I can see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Email I got last week says people can start posting their tickets since the 18th and it opens for customers to buy them tomorrow, no clue what time

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Deramore

5pm tomorrow. Website was a disaster for initial ticket purchases, hope they’ve improved it

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

It was a disaster. Believe it or not I had to wait in a queue to access it earlier today. Probably a lot of traffic but that is a joke.

Someone had better buy my Australia vs Georgia tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeah I'm not looking forward to joining the endless queue tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They havent improved it, its still garbage.

The whole organising committee could end up in jail, complete gangsters it seems.

They have obviously creamed off all the money they should have spent on designing a competent website.

Tickets on sale at 4pm tomorrow, not 5pm

It's 6pm CEST which is two hour difference. Makes no sense to use that time zone since Paris is CET but yet another thing that doesn't make sense from the world cup website

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭BullBauld

But sure CEST doesn't kick in until March, it's still CET. So an hour difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr chips 55

It will still be 5pm UK time, 6pm France time.

In previous sales days they have also mixed up their CET and CEST (I hate people who do that) on more than one occasion, but the email that they sent out yesterday instead specified "18:00 Paris time".

As always, just have many many browsers and devices on the correct page set up in advance and you should be okay. I think there will be a surprisingly healthy amount of tickets on sale, given how long ago we originally started buying them and that life situations change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've booked flights to/from Paris for 50 quid each way for a few games, they're actually very reasonable if you're willing to fly a few days either side of a game.

Advertisement