Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Loads of tickets available for various games. Decided to go a few days earlier and go to NZ v Uruguay in Lyon. Then onto Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

I’ve got 2 x cat 2 tickets for the Scotland game, looking to swap them for South Africa. PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭typhoony

Is tickets.rugbyworldcup.com the official site for buying tickets?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, though the site is down more often than its up and seems impossible to get tickets on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Three emails from France RWC in the last 2 days, just marketing stuff. Clicked on the 'contact us' link (because trying to sell me stuff in STG£ is pointless) - it just went to a 404 error on the tickets site.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Some Ireland v Romania tickets available on the website for the last 24hours, both officially from RWC and also in the official resell section.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JuanBarry

A bit of a heads up in case you're trying to get tickets for other people. I knew there was a six ticket cap on the official tickets but it applies to the resale tickets too (a separate limit, not combined). Been kind of caught out now since I've been buying tickets for other people too and now can't buy anything else. Tried transferring the tickets to the person that would use it but no use

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The ticket website seems to be a bit pants…

I got in on Friday and downloaded the Ireland Scotland tickets for myself, and also the Ireland South Africa tickets for my brother… and want to add him too to the Australia Georgia game and send him the ticket links but the site has been rubbish and as soon as I do get in, clicking the log in page just crashes it again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Stupid website wont work.

• Advertisement

It's working fine here, it just won't sell me any tickets!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I managed to get in this morning after a number of unsuccessful tries (haha tries), and got the tickets for Australia Georgia downloaded...

so thats it all sorted now, 3 games and have all the tickets... but the website is still pants!

So on the original ticket sale day I managed to buy ok tickets, was still on the site, had a chat with my wife and we decided feck it, Covid stopped us goinf on holiday for 2 years, we've spent money on nothing, let's get decent tickets if we can - and we did. Subsequently sold on the first set of tickets to a friend of a friend for face value. Both sets of tickets are available now, but what do I have to do to transfer the first set to him, completely, so they're his and I've nothing more to do with them, and still retain my own separate tickets? The site is silent on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

You can transfer the tickets via the website.

I bought three tickets to each game. 1 for me, and 2 for friends.

I edit the beneficiary on each ticket, to the name of the person, and then transferred the tickets to them this morning. All I needed was their email address. They can then download the tickets.

The tickets still appear on the website, but they've been transferred

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Gatekeeper23

Is there anywhere else to sell extra tickets for Ireland games aside from the ticket resale platform?

Have seen a number of Irish tickets supposedly hoovered up by bot accounts, so would rather sell elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭dzer2

What games are they

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Just put 5x Cat 2's up on the resale site for the Romania game if anyone is still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Long shot I know, looking for a single France vs NZ ticket.

The resale portal had some for €350 earlier today but was hoping for a bit cheaper (they've since sold lol).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

€350 seems awfully cheap for a ticket at the final

• Registered Users Posts: 14,447 ✭✭✭✭cson

I've seen the opening game pop up a few times.

Seen the Final pop up once.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Tickets for both semi finals up right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

They were resale ya, but didn't hang around long.

Was 350 for the France v AB game, there's some €550 tickets there since last night. Mad money for a pool game.

Website was up but now it's down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Just got 3 x Cat 1 for the SA game on the website there now. On the general sale, not resale. €300 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RedB918

@Gatekeeper23 I'm looking for two SA tickets if you're selling them

When is a good time to get on to the ticket site? I've been trying all day and just get 'loading', or sometimes a screen saying the site is slow at the moment, please try later.

• Advertisement

It's completely random, you need to check at random times as anyone in the world could be posting tickets to resell at any time.

Advertisement