Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't ask a question?

Options
  • 04-03-2021 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

So, I opened a thread asking for advice on powering a mining rig and it was closed by a mod because they assumed I was ""trolling"" for saying I have 19 RX 5700s?

That's insane, so I can't ask for advice on forum cuz spending my money on GPUs will hurt people's feelings....

Yes I have x19 RX 5700s and x8 RTX 3060ti for mining crypto, plus x2 RTX 3070s for me and my wife's PCs.

All I had to do was google 10 minutes and found a supplier with all those cards on stock... and they will have more in 2 weeks, I don't know what's the problem here, it's my money, It's a free market, get over it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can ask but we don't have to help you.

It's a free market as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That and this is the wrong forum to ask about electrical advice.

You got a detailed answer in your thread over in the Electrical board.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,063 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Reinforcing stereotypes of crypto idiocy, one rant at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

inn889 wrote: »
    So, I opened a thread asking for advice on powering a mining rig and it was closed by a mod because they assumed I was ""trolling"" for saying I have 19 RX 5700s?

That's insane, so I can't ask for advice on forum cuz spending my money on GPUs will hurt people's feelings....

Yes I have x19 RX 5700s and x8 RTX 3060ti for mining crypto, plus x2 RTX 3070s for me and my wife's PCs.

All I had to do was google 10 minutes and found a supplier with all those cards on stock... and they will have more in 2 weeks, I don't know what's the problem here, it's my money, It's a free market, get over it.

How much did it cost you in total for the 29 cards OP?

What weekly return do you expect to get from the 29 cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Tell us where you get them so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

xtal191 wrote: »
    Tell us where you get them so

Users account is gone. Id call bull on it. someone that has done enough research and work & funding to get that sorta gear would properly have worked out the electrics of it properly without having to come on boards to flex their numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How much did it cost you in total for the 29 cards OP?

What weekly return do you expect to get from the 29 cards?

https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/amd-rx-5700-8gb,nvidia-rtx-3060-ti,nvidia-rtx-3070

Assuming OP wasn't fibbing, it would take 5 months of 24/7 mining on all those GPUs to break even, ASSUMING the market holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am the only one, who just wanted to have Retrogamers post in this whole thread. As it just perfectly captured actual pc hardware and gamers opinion.

It's all ruined now, but feck it, I am still proud of people here. People here help others and still have their opinions, but never go at each other thoats. We came to be united at least in on aspect.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I'm going to have to stick up angry Forum Announcements again aren't I? 2020 is somehow sucking less than this dumpster fire of a year and its barely March :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement