Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[6 Hours] Lenovo Flash Sale on site. [Save up to 25%] ~~ Get 128gb Duet for €314.99

Options
  • 04-03-2021 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭

Lenovo Flash Sale on site.

[ChromeOS] Lenovo IdeaPad Duet Chromebook (2-in-1 Chromebook)
    corkie wrote: »
    Lenovo Flash sale on site!

128gb Model going for: -

Web price: € 349.99
    Save € 35.00 (10%)
    € 314.99
    inc. VAT
    Use eCoupon: FLASHSALE

64gb Model going for: -

Web price: € 344.30
    Save € 34.43 (10%)
    € 309.87
    inc. VAT
    Use eCoupon: FLASHSALE

Digital River Ireland Ltd is the authorised reseller and merchant of the products and services offered within this store.

Don't know where they are shipped from, so maybe caught for duties if imported from UK?

Just sharing in case anyone else is considering purchasing this Chromebook Tablet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

corkie wrote: »
    Don't know where they are shipped from, so maybe caught for duties if imported from UK?

if the price is in euros, it's how much you end up paying

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Ordered an M10 in January from com/ie and there was no change at till nor customs from courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Ordered one of these Wednesday morning (had coupon already so same discounted price). Shipped from Netherlands and arrived Thursday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I ordered one on impulse but then cancelled straight after as it won't run some apps I want. But 24hrs later they processed the payment and shipping anyway. Saying it was too late to stop. So just be aware.

Ordered one of these Wednesday morning (had coupon already so same discounted price). Shipped from Netherlands and arrived Thursday morning.

What was your opinion of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭wilser

Looking to pick up a laptop for basic enough tasks,Zoom/teams meetings, ms office and a bit of printing. Would this be up to the task? Thanks

Chrome OS, not arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭corkie

wilser wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a laptop for basic enough tasks,Zoom/teams meetings, ms office and a bit of printing. Would this be up to the task? Thanks
    Chrome OS, not arsed.

A chromebook with chromeos wouldn't be able to run windows apps, but would be able to use online https://www.office.com.

For the same price as the Duet, you could get a limited storage Windows 10 laptop. example: - https://www.soundstore.ie/asus-14-hd-n4020-4gb-64gb-blue-streambook-inc-office-e410mabv003ts.html

Didn't want to bump this thread reporting the
    Flash Sale expired.
    It was extended over the weekend from original countdown.

Yeah I'd seen as much. For Chrome OS the price isn't great. Very limited machines and its almost the cost of a budget laptop.

wilser wrote: »

I installed the Android version of teams and outlook and they worked no issues in my brief testing. Bit slow maybe. I didn't spend long at it to know for sure. Thus far any Android app I've tried has worked.

That said I didn't buy it for that, as we have laptops if someone needs one and I wouldn't buy it as my only machine personally. The person I bought it for is kinda using it as a second mobile screen for content and if they need to bang out a long email or bit of text. Thus far they've used it more than the netbooks we used to have and laptops we do have.

I wouldn't buy a celeron even a new one even in cheap laptop. It's worth paying more for i3 etc. But yeah I wouldn't buy a chrome book as my only machine.

Interestingly I'm the only person in my house that prefers a laptop. Everyone else is dual screening tablets and mobiles. I think because of their apps. Only going for a laptop if they absolutely need to. I think they are weird. I prefer desktops and large screens.

• Advertisement

You buy Chromebook to avoid Windows...
    Similarly you buy a 10" device because you don't want 14" one. It's not about price either as you can spend a thousand euro on a chrome book if that floats your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

beauf wrote: »
    What was your opinion of it?

Like it so far, ideal size. Only used for light enough activities...house admin, browsing etc. Only negative so far is the stand provided doesn't work for portrait mode, but I imagine there's a compatible one on amazon that will

Edit: actually at a glance there might not be a case that allows for portrait mode, would have been handy for recipes etc.

Advertisement