If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 year warranty cover oled burn in?

Options
  • 04-03-2021 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Looks like the Netflix red logo on my LG e55 has left some burn in or image retention on my set in the bottom right corner. I have run a manual panel image clean in the settings. The hour long routine that powers off the tv and back on and it’s still there. It’s only showing on red colour backgrounds so it’s not the end of the world. Just curious if burn in is something that’s covered by warranty?
    Thanks,
    Mick

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Mick,

thanks for the post and unfortunately screen burn is excluded from our 6 year guarantee and LG's guarantee.

Apologies for the bad news..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭axel52

Snipped by Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭micks_address

John is stating the facts. The warranty explicitly states screen burn isn’t covered. That said I’ve been approached by the head of customer service for richersounds uk on an av forum about trying to help with a resolution. I or they may be in touch John. Not sure how it works between uk and Irish richersounds or if they same. He reached out to me after seeing a post about my screen burn.
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭axel52

No comments, god job mod.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Axel52,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - queries here are for Richersounds to answer, opinion/advice from Boardies is not appropriate on the forum:

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion. Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds sells, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum. There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

If you have any queries about the Charter for this forum, feel free to ask me about them in a PM.

If you want advice or a deal from Richersounds, you are very welcome to open a thread and ask away.

@micks_address, I’m closing this thread, happy to reopen if you want, you know the score here, or you can open a new thread - I’m available by PM if needed.

Ritz.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.