Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attic stairs and floor attic

• 04-03-2021 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭

I received a quote of €1700 to fit pulldown stira type stairs to the attic and partially floor the attic for storage. It would have to be built up over the insulation so it's not lying directly on it, so bit more work involved. Area would be roughly 3m x 4m to floor. Does this seem a fair price? Told around 3 days labour involved..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Should not take 3 days, more like day and a half Max, and no more than 1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Seems very high. I found large variations in prices I was quoted for mine, the more expensive ones were companies with various iterations of attic stairs in their company name. In the end I got a local builder/electrician and was very very happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    I received a quote of €1700 to fit pulldown stira type stairs to the attic and partially floor the attic for storage. It would have to be built up over the insulation so it's not lying directly on it, so bit more work involved. Area would be roughly 3m x 4m to floor. Does this seem a fair price? Told around 3 days labour involved..

No that's not a good price, borderline astronomical.

It's a couple of hours work to board out that size of an area, there are a couple of different products specifically designed to do this exact task as a diyer - tongue and groove attic boards with stilts to lift them above the insulation. 300e should cover materials for that size with plenty to spare. I'm not sure how much those ladders go for so work that our yourself but it's not enough to make that quote acceptable imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Pull down attic steps to buy are between €100 and €200 or circa €350 supply and fit.
    These are non Stira brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Okay thanks guys, was a bit taken a back by the price when I heard it first. Will try and sort another quote.

• Advertisement
Advertisement