Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant CCTV streaming

Options
  • 05-03-2021 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good CCTV camera that can stream constantly to a tablet or tv? I have cameras at the house that record constantly but you can only watch for two minutes at a time through the app.

I'm going to be working from home full time going forward so I want a camera that allows me to stream constantly to a tablet or TV screen so I can see who's coming in the drive (my office is at the back of the house and I'm in the countryside). I've already had some travellers around so I want to know who's outside before I open the door.

I bought a cheap Chinese one from Amazon which worked fine but broke quickly. So I'm looking for something more reliable. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Is it HIKVision you have?
    If you access the onboard Webserver via Internet Explorer there is no timeout.
    You could use a little mini PC connected to a wall mounted monitor for the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    Is it HIKVision you have?
    If you access the onboard Webserver via Internet Explorer there is no timeout.
    You could use a little mini PC connected to a wall mounted monitor for the purpose.

Thank You so much for the response.
    I'm not very technical, do you mean that instead of using the app I go direct to the website and login there? If there's no timeout there that would work a treat. I didn't even know this was an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

It depends on what recorder you have.
    I’m guessing that it might be HIKVision, but maybe I’m completely wrong!?
    From internet explorer (or chrome if you download an additional driver) you just enter the IP address of the recorder in the address bar.
    This may be 192.168.1.250:85

Advertisement