Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bank account for teenager? 13 years old

• 05-03-2021 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Looking to find out which account would be suitable for a teenager. Or are they all pretty much the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

All much the same really IMO.
    My kid has a PTSB account that I pay his pocket money into on a monthly basis for the lady 4/5yrs.

Haven't really looked at any others since the Irish banks nixed benefits on child/student accounts.

It does what I want in that it helps teach hin a little financial literacy and money management skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

banie01 wrote: »
    All much the same really IMO.
    My kid has a PTSB account that I pay his pocket money into on a monthly basis for the lady 4/5yrs.

Haven't really looked at any others since the Irish banks nixed benefits on child/student accounts.

It does what I want in that it helps teach hin a little financial literacy and money management skills.

Thanks for this. I see PTSB have a “my teen cash” account so I assume this is the one you are referring to? Is there an option to open a savings account as well as current? Their website doesn’t make it 100% clear

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I see PTSB have a “my teen cash” account so I assume this is the one you are referring to? Is there an option to open a savings account as well as current? Their website doesn’t make it 100% clear

Best way to find out is to ask them yourself directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

N26 or revolut.

You can keep eye on spending, limit it etc etc.

I got the daughter one so limited spending and can transfer when need.
    Revolut visa

Advertisement