Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone to Eir

• 05-03-2021 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Customer care concerns aside are Eir bill pay products good for speed and coverage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Anybody.... Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Anybody.... Thanks

Would you debate going with gomo,cheaper version of eir? I find gomo good myself and easy got on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Customer care concerns aside are Eir bill pay products good for speed and coverage

I have found Eir bill-pay products excellent. They are the only network that offers full Wi-Fi Calling, which allows you to create your own coverage indoors, if you are in an A-Rated home with no mobile coverage in some areas. All networks have blackspots in some areas, and being able to create your own coverage is the ultimate solution. WiFi calling also allows you to do free roaming (when travel is allowed), anywhere in the World you can get WiFi. (Note Eir don't offer WiFi Calling on their GoMo product)

If you are in a position to bundle Eir Mobile with Eir Fibre Broadband/TV, you can get SIM-only for €9.99 per month - this is very good value, and actually better value than Eir's GoMo product!

I have never had an issue with Customer Care - but I never have a reason to call them, except once a year when I ring up to re-negotiate my contract. They have renewed the contract at the €9.99 price for several years now, and I always find the agents helpful. However, you can't renew at this price online - you need to call customer-care to do it.

Thanks that's great advice.... Looking at bill pay for phone reasons.

Thanks again

I have found Eir bill-pay products excellent. They are the only network that offers full Wi-Fi Calling, which allows you to create your own coverage indoors, if you are in an A-Rated home with no mobile coverage in some areas. All networks have blackspots in some areas, and being able to create your own coverage is the ultimate solution. WiFi calling also allows you to do free roaming (when travel is allowed), anywhere in the World you can get WiFi. (Note Eir don't offer WiFi Calling on their GoMo product)

If you are in a position to bundle Eir Mobile with Eir Fibre Broadband/TV, you can get SIM-only for €9.99 per month - this is very good value, and actually better value than Eir's GoMo product!

I have never had an issue with Customer Care - but I never have a reason to call them, except once a year when I ring up to re-negotiate my contract. They have renewed the contract at the €9.99 price for several years now, and I always find the agents helpful. However, you can't renew at this price online - you need to call customer-care to do it.

Just wondering if you work for Eir?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Just wondering if you work for Eir?

Hardly - given that I recommend their cheapest products, and suggest that you renegotiate your contract annually! I doubt they would like me for this. No - I work for myself. Happy to recommend Eir - they do the business for me - but like all the operators, they don't reward loyalty, and you have to renegotiate once a year. I do the same with gas and electricity. One of Eir's more innovative products - WiFi Calling is a deal-breaker for me when I am travelling (not doing much of it at the moment), and they are the only network offering it. It enables free roaming on WiFi, even when outside the EU, so they probably don't make much money from me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I have to say I moved from Vodafone to Eir for mobile purely because of the WiFi calling and couldn’t wait to swap back.

Living and working in north Wicklow south county Dublin the speeds on the network were a fraction of what I was getting on Vodafone. Regularly dropped calls on m50. Couldn’t even check online banking in the Main Street in blckrock and went into the Eir store and they said yep no coverage there.

In sandycove where I had poor WiFi I used to use 4g on my Vodafone mobile and had no issues except maxing out my data allowance every month. When swapped to Eir I could barely browse simple websites. All of this was on a new iPhone 7 at the time.

Then when I did cancel had a year of dealing with customer “care” as was still getting billed. Eventually they sent me a cheque as they had over charged me not the other way around. Absolute joke of a company.

heroics wrote: »
    I have to say I moved from Vodafone to Eir for mobile purely because of the WiFi calling and couldn’t wait to swap back.

Living and working in north Wicklow south county Dublin the speeds on the network were a fraction of what I was getting on Vodafone. Regularly dropped calls on m50. Couldn’t even check online banking in the Main Street in blckrock and went into the Eir store and they said yep no coverage there.

In sandycove where I had poor WiFi I used to use 4g on my Vodafone mobile and had no issues except maxing out my data allowance every month. When swapped to Eir I could barely browse simple websites. All of this was on a new iPhone 7 at the time.

Then when I did cancel had a year of dealing with customer “care” as was still getting billed. Eventually they sent me a cheque as they had over charged me not the other way around. Absolute joke of a company.

We are very close in location....

Did you have a one or two year contract? The bill pay deals are 2 year deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

We are very close in location....

Did you have a one or two year contract? The bill pay deals are 2 year deals

Sorry missed this. It was a 2 year contract. My wife had the same issues I did so wasnt just my phone. I also was onto support a couple of times and got new SIM etc none of which helped.

heroics wrote: »
    Sorry missed this. It was a 2 year contract. My wife had the same issues I did so wasnt just my phone. I also was onto support a couple of times and got new SIM etc none of which helped.

Thanks for that. I went with Vodafone in the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement