Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human feces on the streets

Options
  • 05-03-2021 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

As disgusting as it is, this is not a Dublin-specific problem but a problem for cities with a large number of homeless people. There are many cities around the world that encounter this issue but I've lived in our city, between the canals, for the last 10 years and with the daily 5km walks I am seeing this a lot more regularly now than ever before.

Is there a number to call in DCC or an email address that deals with it? I'm aware it is a biohazard and cannot be easily removed but it needs to be removed nonetheless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Post a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Oh it happens, I remember walking down Marlborough Street at lunchtime when a woman with her trousers around her ankles was openly defecating on the wall of the Department of Education. The school bell rang and she grabbed her jeans and stumbled off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Caranica wrote: »
    Oh it happens, I remember walking down Marlborough Street at lunchtime when a woman with her trousers around her ankles was openly defecating on the wall of the Department of Education. The school bell rang and she grabbed her jeans and stumbled off.

A teacher:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Glebee wrote: »
    A teacher:eek:

Clearly not a teacher, the bell was the end of the day for the junior classes, there are two schools on the campus of DES. At least the (presumed) addict had the "decency" to hide from the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

deep_dish wrote: »
    As disgusting as it is, this is not a Dublin-specific problem but a problem for cities with a large number of homeless people. There are many cities around the world that encounter this issue but I've lived in our city, between the canals, for the last 10 years and with the daily 5km walks I am seeing this a lot more regularly now than ever before.

Is there a number to call in DCC or an email address that deals with it? I'm aware it is a biohazard and cannot be easily removed but it needs to be removed nonetheless.

I know. Its a really sh*t situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Bring some dog poo bags with you on your walks, problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Allinall

It's a crap situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

I suspect this is a consequence of the usual spots being closed for public toilet use and exposes the reliance the city has had on coffee shops and pubs providing public toilet facilities for years! The only two I know of now are the pop up toilets in Jervis St and Stephen's Green, so not very handy unless you're on those streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Monday Morning,

Heading into work at about half nine, cycling down Amien Street, look to my left down Preston Street, and some old lad, full on take taking a ****e.

Couldn't believe it, then again I realised that part of Amien Street any goes so it's not out of character for the area. Where else would you see open drug dealing within 10 metres of a Garda checkpoint.

Still gave me a good giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

This post brought back the very unlovely memory of walking the prom in sandymount and seeing a woman stop her walk, drop her pants and take a dump by the rocks without a care in the world! Was about 4 in the evening and she actually turned her arse to the prom for all to see......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Junkies do it all the time. Saw a female junkie do in capel street a few years ago in broad day light like it was completely normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

Once saw a member of the community take one in a neighbour's garden after moving the contents of their skip into their van. To some it's just second nature, no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Holy feck, glad I moved out of Dublin five years ago.

Council/Guards have given up totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Where do you want them to go?

Have you ever been to san Francisco?

Seen a woman taking a Barry at a bus stop while the other people waiting didn't even flinch.
    Thankfully I just passing on a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I believe it’s legal to take a dump in public but not to urinate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

Highlights the acute need for more public crapatoriums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Can't bate a poo in public!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

'Feces'???

Reminds me of reading a report at work back in the 1980's about someone smearing 'faces' in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Recording someone having a poo, that a fetish thing I’m not familiar with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I was in Dublin city centre the other day and unfortunately had to use a laneway to pee as there was nowhere to go, I went to Templebar and omg I was astounded by the amountof human **** . Everywhere , all over the alley, along all the corners and edges, at least 5 or 6 individual turdds. Smell was too bad to even stick around for my whizz!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I believe it’s legal to take a dump in public but not to urinate.

For some strange reason I really doubt this...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Have you ever been to san Francisco?

Seen a woman taking a Barry at a bus stop while the other people waiting didn't even flinch.
    Thankfully I just passing on a team.

Username checks out.

San Francisco have it all sorted though. The tech bros have kindly provided the Snapcrap app for reporting issues.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/SnapCrap-app-San-Francisco-poop-feces-dirty-street-13281837.php

OP - try customerservices@dublincity.ie for reporting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

https://fixmystreet.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jams100

Can't bate a poo in public!

Ok, that's enough internet for today!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I was in Dublin city centre the other day and unfortunately had to use a laneway to pee as there was nowhere to go, I went to Templebar and omg I was astounded by the amountof human **** . Everywhere , all over the alley, along all the corners and edges, at least 5 or 6 individual turdds. Smell was too bad to even stick around for my whizz!

Funny that as I had the same problem a few days back, was bursting for a piss. McDonalds near the Spire was open for takeaways but the security guard wouldnt let me use the toilet. Had no choice but to find a back lane. Went down Moores Lane at the back of Moore Street and yeah the whole place was like an open toilet, saw several ****es along the footpaths, one of them was right outside the back door of the same McDonalds, almost like someone had done it on purpose after being refused use of their toilet.

There are temporary toilets outside the Stephens Green shopping centre but I dont think they've put any on the northside or at least I havent seen any around. When I passed by the temporary ones in SSG the queue for the womens toilets was about 20 people long, easily a 45 minute wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

phonypony wrote: »
    Once saw a member of the community take one in a neighbour's garden after moving the contents of their skip into their van. To some it's just second nature, no shame.

Used to routinely see it in the SHOwER CUBICLES in a low price chain of gyms - funded by the Vincent de Paul for ‘community integration’ . Toilets not twenty steps away. You can’t help some people.

Also parkruns have A LOT to answer for. Someone should get on to their sponsor VHI - it used be an absolute disgrace —public toilets 5 mins away. Pulling up
    in their audis and BMW’s and ****ting in the woods like animals.

Most ‘homeless’ shelters have drop in resources including toilets - dublin city is festooned with them. Should
    just ban junkies from being out on the streets. a danger to
    themselves and everyone around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Should
    just ban junkies from being out on the streets. a danger to
    themselves and everyone around them.

What a great idea. I can't imagine why no-one thought of this simple solution before. Maybe we should apply the same logic to other problems, like banning littering and banning mobile phone use while driving. That's bound to sort things out, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Nenagh and Clonmel Co Tipperary were just as bad. In Nenagh for weeks outside zip yard there was human feces on the street. You’d think it would be solely the homeless and junkies, but I was passing through Clonmel back in 2016 at 2am. Stopped off at the McDonald’s there. Attractive blonde girl I a white dress pissed and **** herself outside the doors of McDonald’s. Clubbing at that time of night.

I was once in Heatons in Thurles buying a pot and heard something like the sound of a duck quacking, then the smell of slurry looked around seen nothing. Went back to looking at the pots and then seen a mid age woman running out with her hand on her ass and diarrhoea seeping through.

It’ll happen to the best of us at one point! Even OP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

What a great idea. I can't imagine why no-one thought of this simple solution before. Maybe we should apply the same logic to other problems, like banning littering and banning mobile phone use while driving. That's bound to sort things out, right?

I'd imagine a heroin habit is expensive

How do they fund it ?

assaulting people and robbing money and phones ?

Just bring in sensible vagrancy laws

The Gardai already have Drager Drugtest 5000s they use at checkpoints - tests for opiods, benzos

Advertisement