Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are black people the most genetically blessed race?

• 05-03-2021 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

Clearly physicaly stronger by a large distance. Just look at sprinting in the Olympics. Has a white person ever won gold? American football. Even an elitest sport like golf(where less than 1% of pros are black) was physically dominated by Tiger woods

Their muscle mass is better. Their teeth are whiter and stronger etc. That isn't because they take care of their teeth better. Homeless black people on the streets of New York have healthy looking white teeth. Older black people have whiter and healthier teeth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Fast-twitch fibres yo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

But they have a much higher incidence of prostate cancer too.

So it is all swings and roundabouts, plusses and minuses.

Clearly physicaly stronger by a large distance. Just look at sprinting in the Olympics. Has a white person ever won gold? American football. Even an elitest sport like golf(where less than 1% of pros are black) was physically dominated by Tiger woods

Their muscle mass is better. Their teeth are whiter and stronger etc. That isn't because they take care of their teeth better. Homeless black people on the streets of New York have healthy looking white teeth. Older black people have whiter and healthier teeth

This is a very American thing, the idea that black peoples are stronger and more athletic. On sprinting it is true. The most successful countries at the olympics are generally European or white though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Not good :

1. Office of Minority Health Resource Center. “Profile: Black/African Americans.” Black/African American - The Office of Minority Health, 22 Aug. 2019,

www.minorityhealth.hhs.gov/omh/browse.aspx?lvl=3&lvlid=61

2. “African American Health.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2 May 2017,

www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/aahealth/infographic.html

3. “African-American Health Disparities.” Cigna, Apr. 2016,

www.cigna.com/health-care-providers/resources/african-american-black-health-disparities

4. “African Americans and Kidney Disease.” National Kidney Foundation, 16 Feb. 2018,

www.kidney.org/news/newsroom/factsheets/African-Americans-and-CKD

5. American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures for African Americans 2019-2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

How many black olympic weightlifters have won gold?

American sports are economically stratified, poorer people use them to get out of poverty hence more black people in the larger sports.

Tiger woods is technically a quadroon so not exactly Kunta Kinte

Darker skin makes teeth look whiter

up until the 1950's most sprinters were white and won alot of the time, then white ppl started getting rich and stopped using sports as a way to get to college

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

up until the 1950's most sprinters were white and won alot of the time, then white ppl started getting rich and stopped using sports as a way to get to college

That and racism.

It's not the colour of their skin, it's their body structure and muscle mass.

There's also the case that black people in the US are physically stronger and larger than black people in Africa, because only the strong survived the slave ships to the Americas and tough living conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

And even the tiniest of African children can effortlessly win any dance off. These super-cool kids for example..

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    That and racism.

You'll have to point out the racism that existed in ethopia and why they were not winning all the long distance races in the olympics between 1900 and 1980. (brief italian ww2 aside)

so unless the black ethopians were racist against themselves it comes down to a socio economic driver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Gruffalux wrote: »
    And even the tiniest of African children can effortlessly win any dance off. These super-cool kids for example..

Taking part in a dance off signifies lower IQ though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

I would say every race/ethnicity has it's strengths and weaknesses.

Blacks seem to all be lactose intolerant or have an allergy to dairy products. It's just evolution and environment.

You can pick a black athlete like Usain Bolt or Michael Jordan or Mohammed Ali or Pele.

But then you could pick Latino ones like Cristiano Ronaldo or Oscar Del LaHoya.

There's no real getting away from the fact that blacks excel in certain sporting disciplines because of their natural strength and speed. Take a look at black female sprinters and hurdlers. They can outrun a a greyhound. The blacks don't seem to be very good at other athletic disciplines though like pole-vaulting or high jump. Long distance / Marathon tough they excel as well (those wiry little Ethopian and Kenya lads can just run forever on autopilot....infinite stamina).

They're not great at rugby though or swimming of cycling....but then these sports aren't promoted in either black countries OR amongst the black communities of predominantly white countries.

Golf and Tennis have always been classed as snooty sports for whitey but Tiger and the Williams sisters put paid to that stereotype.

I suppose it's a combination of environment and background with a healthy dose of discrimination thrown in too. Football, Running, Boxing are working class sports so the black man/woman has more access to these than to tennis, golf, skiing, gymnastics, swimming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What about the women? :P

Big ol' ghetto booty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

And while there is no doubting that golf is a sport of extreme skill, precision (I don't play myself but the brother does) I don't think that physical attributes make much of a difference when it comes to being a champion at that sport. Tiger Woods is just brilliant because he's brilliant. Not because of his blackness. He doesn't have any physical features that allow him to hit the ball longer, higher, straighter or with lift and backspin than any other player. He's just better.

Mr Pyke wrote: »
    My friend, who is a racist, got drunk one night and ended up with an African prostitute. Said it was amazing.

Ah friend, sure we believe you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Two of the women's sprint world records, 400 metres and 800 metres are held by white Europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I think the OP is a pretty good example of survivorship bias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

it it true that Black men have big John Thomas's ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I'll comfort myself knowing sickle cell anemia is not an issue for me or my family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

My friend, who is a racist, got drunk one night and ended up with an African prostitute. Said it was amazing.
    It's true. I've never had brown sugar but I am willing try it.

What is this scutter talk about other people? :mad:

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Black are better sprinters but whites are better swimmers, plenty of plus and minus but I’m sure the more you go into it the more you will be called a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭badabing106

But they have a much higher incidence of prostate cancer too.

So it is all swings and roundabouts, plusses and minuses.

Could the stark socio economic differences be the main factor there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

meath4sam wrote: »
    Black are better sprinters but whites are better swimmers, plenty of plus and minus but I’m sure the more you go into it the more you will be called a racist.

White men can't Jump, Black men can't Dive

*good title if they ever make a sequel

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Fúck me. Ah shure they've lovely white teeth and aren't they great dancers too. Jaysis. 545934.gif

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭badabing106

How many black olympic weightlifters have won gold?

American sports are economically stratified, poorer people use them to get out of poverty hence more black people in the larger sports.

You've answered the question as to why black people don't dominate weightlifting. There is zero money in it so they don't go near it

Weight lifting is a niche sport with no prestige in the western world, and very little money. White Americans don't do well in it either because they have no interest in it. It is a sport dominated by Eastern Europeans because it is an esteemed sport in those cultures

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 xboxseries

You've answered the question as to why black people don't dominate weightlifting. There is zero money in it

That's true

It is surprising that in terms of sheer power and strength that blacks don't dominate those sports

Strongman, powerlifting, weightlifting should in theory be dominated by blacks

Or are they only faster and not stronger?

Cheetah vs Leopard situation

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

This thread is only going to go one way and has started to do it already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement