Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV camera solution NVR or PC

Options
  • 05-03-2021 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have an NVR currently but it isn't without its faults and would like more control and functionality.

I am thinking of a PC based solution with software that I can either run on Linux or Windows and point the cameras to it. I have a vsphere server so I can make a VM or virtual machine and not use a physical PC.

These are the cameras I currently have, they are ONVIF compatible so I believe something like blue iris would work?

They are 1080p IP camera's powered by POE, so I need something to get them on the network and also power them. Would a 10/100 POE switch be enough or would I want gigabit?

Or am I wasting my time with all this and just get a better NVR?

Advertisement