Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No fuel in carburetor in lawnmower

• 05-03-2021 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭

Tried to start the lawnmower a few days ago, it wouldn't start at all.

Checked spark plug, all ok. Decided to take off carburetor and give everything a clean with carb cleaner.

After refitting still wouldn't start.

I then opened drain nut on carb and there was no fuel in there at all.

Checked fuel line coming into carb and it flowing freely.

Fired more carb cleaner into where the fuel line connects to carb and refitted but still no fuel in carb.

When I took the carb apart and back together again, could I have blocked the fuel intake somehow?

The float seems to be working on its spring inside the carb fine.

Primer button fires no fuel into spark plug either.

Any help appreciated.

It's a mountfield rs100, followed guide here to clean carb.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izaiao1ltVw&ab_channel=MowerMan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

You need to strip the carb again, the float operates a little valve as it requires fuel, the valve is stuck after the lay up just free it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

You need to strip the carb again, the float operates a little valve as it requires fuel, the valve is stuck after the lay up just free it up.

I think your right I took a look at the video again I put the spring under the float component, instead of through the hole in the float.

Would that stop any fuel entering carb?

Advertisement