Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from motors entirely

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

As you have spoken to the banning mod, I'll let the CMods know. FYI, your subsequent issues with a post in a completely different forum has no bearing on your ban - please don't bring it up here again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Thank you for looking into this. I'll deal with the other issue separately as per your advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hi CoBo55, I will look into this for you, but please give me a day or two.

No bother unkel I appreciate you taking the time, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

OK I looked into this. You got a 1 week ban for being argumentative and derailing the thread. Now this on its own seems a harsh punishment, just a warning would have sufficed in my opinion.

But you have history - you've had 3 previous bans from the motors forums in the last 5 months, the last one from just a few weeks ago. You're causing grief to the moderators and to other users. The ban stands. And a word of advice. You don't seem to have changed your behaviour since the previous bans. If you don't want to risk being permanently banned from motors, you better tone it down.

If you are not happy with my decision, I can ask an admin to review.

• Advertisement

Thanks for you reply. I'm very disappointed with your decision, as I said to biko via pm I didn't think infractions etc were cumulative, you did something wrong and got punished that was the end of it. I never appealed other infractions etc. as I knew I'd gone too far. I fail to see anywhere in This exchange where I was confrontational. As you can see in the link I asked how a car could be recommended from an ad with just three pictures, I got rounded on by four posters and made little of, even at that I still didn't do anything wrong. I would like to get "This case" looked at by an admin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

CoBo55, I took a look at this just now, including the posts leading up to the ban, and I agree with the CMod's decision on this. In the scale of escalating degrees fo sanctions, you have already received warnings and shorter bans from the motors forum for being unnecessarily confrontational and argumentative, so this is far from being a one-off and a one week ban seems reasonable. It's also indicative of the fact that you are taking no lesson from these mods actions, and unless you consider your posting style in future, I imagine the next ban will be reasonably longer.

Ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement