Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer Criminal Background Check Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I recall many years ago as a manager in McDonalds we had to fire a really good employee because they didn't disclose on their application form that they had a shoplifting prosecution.
    She was a single mother and a really hard worker, someone told one of the other managers and that was it, we were obliged (after she admitted it) to let her go according to company policy. Often wondered what happened to her. This is more than 20 years ago now so not recent.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

That happened to a cousin of mine; he was let go after a silly conviction for climbing a ladder and peering into a warehouse was published in the local paper. It took years for the case to get prosecuted, and he had grown up in the meantime. He had a breakdown and hasn't worked since.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Lux23 wrote: »
    That happened to a cousin of mine; he was let go after a silly conviction for climbing a ladder and peering into a warehouse was published in the local paper.

There is nothing silly about larceny....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

he was let go after a silly conviction for climbing a ladder and peering into a warehouse was published in the local paper

Why are you avoiding saying he was caught trying to break into a warehouse? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,995 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

That happened to a cousin of mine; he was let go after a silly conviction for climbing a ladder and peering into a warehouse was published in the local paper. It took years for the case to get prosecuted, and he had grown up in the meantime. He had a breakdown and hasn't worked since.

Are you sure he wasn't peering into a whorehouse?

• Advertisement
Advertisement