Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which phone would you pick personally and why

Options
  • 05-03-2021 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Just want opinions on people's favourites

Which phone 44 votes

Samsung galaxy a12
    65% 29 votes
    Xiaomi Poco
    0% 0 votes
    Xiaomi Redmi 9 pro
    6% 3 votes
    Huawei p30 pro
    6% 3 votes
    Realme
    6% 3 votes
    Oneplus
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    13% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Just want opinions on people's favourites

Had most brands including apple xs max , outside of the apple xs I rate one plus as number 1,
    The one plus 7 pro is outstanding, what a screen etc,2 yrs old soon but I'll stick with the brand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Had most brands including apple xs max , outside of the apple xs I rate one plus as number 1,
    The one plus 7 pro is outstanding, what a screen etc,2 yrs old soon but I'll stick with the brand

Thank you , does oneplus support Google play store etc was looking at them to they seem quite handy for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

Thank you , does oneplus support Google play store etc was looking at them to they seem quite handy for the money

Yes v much so

• Registered Users Posts: 32,594 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have had a Poco X3 nfc, very hard to beat it spec wise for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

My last 3 phones have been One Plus & they are brilliant for the money you pay. I have my One Plus 5T for the last 3 years almost and I would have replaced it in the last year as the battery is not great now but as I am going nowhere to use it, I will wait a bit longer. No lagging issues with the phone ever compared to some other phones.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,477 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

You've mixed up phone brands, model ranges and specific phone models in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

How does the P30 PRO camera compare to other android phones out there ?

bogman wrote: »
    How does the P30 PRO camera compare to other android phones out there ?
    Xaoimi redmi 9 pro camera specs

64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72", 0.8µm, PDAF

Huawei p30 pro

40 MP, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7", PDAF, OIS

Havnt a bulls what that means but for price and quality I went with the xaoimi hands down easy choice

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

What are people's opinions on OnePlus vs a Google Pixel (it wasn't an option in the poll) ?. I have a P20 Pro but want to move away from Chinese phones when I eventually upgrade, as I don't want to risk being cut off from Google apps

Corcaigh84 wrote: »
    What are people's opinions on OnePlus vs a Google Pixel (it wasn't an option in the poll) ?. I have a P20 Pro but want to move away from Chinese phones when I eventually upgrade, as I don't want to risk being cut off from Google apps

Done lots and lots of research over being cut off from Google apps . That's why I went with xaoimi. Their hardware chipsets etc beat all others with ease and are so cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

I became aware of the Fairphone for the first time today and am intrigued by the concept - a phone that you can repair and upgrade easily yourself.

Piollaire wrote: »
    I became aware of the Fairphone for the first time today and am intrigued by the concept - a phone that you can repair and upgrade easily yourself.

Camera is pretty bad compared to price and quality of xaoimi tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

Camera is pretty bad compared to price and quality of xaoimi tbh

I'll take a look at the camera to see if it is a dealbreaker. I like the idea of a phone with good sustainability credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Have a xiaomi now and worked great for almost two years. Suddenly in the space of two weeks it has deteriorated to almost requiring constant charging. i had no major software changes to the phone that could have caused this. i guess if something is cheaper it just won't last as long.

now i am in two minds as to get another xiaomi or get something with more longetivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Have a realme X2 pro and if I change well probably stick with them price versus spec they stay stack up well. Having had a Poco F1 and a op3 before I am open to a good bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 6 brunkonjaa

SM A715F.
    Root available (no ads systemwide, all bloatware removed).
    Ample storage.
    Good camera.
    Fantastic battery performance (due to root).

Advertisement