Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batter a Garda, walk out of court before your victim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

This scroate was released because if he was in jail he wouldn't be out on the streets committing more crimes and therefore making more money in fees for the Justice Industry. The lads in the law library wouldnt be able to change the BMW every 12-18 months if they jailed their cash cows

tom1ie wrote: »
    That’s a bit harsh.
    Your telling the poster to move jobs as opposed to society solving the actual problem of feral criminals?

Yeah. He signed up to get the sh** kicked out of him. That's what Gardai are for. Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

All I can say is I am very glad I am single with no children as they seem these days, to be way too much trouble. When teens think they are above the law and can do whatever they want, things are serious. When they do not get what they want they then hit the big red button. I would think some are spoilt and can't cope with the world that they grow to see so keep trying to bring their preferent world into view. A preferent world, been so near perfect that it's a fantasy... not a good thing to believe in. Some parents themselves do not know how to manage a family and kind of need directions and instruction to the point of pity. The inability to evolve and lacking awareness is in the mix there.

Dan.

Should have been jailed for 5 years.

L1011 wrote: »
    The judiciary are independent and not elected.

Ah come on now! I don't want to live in North Korea any more than you do but FFS! A police officer was assaulted by a child, and there won't be any consequences. Where are we going here as a country?

I don't want the judiciary to be elected either but the people who appoint them should be accountable to someone, no? Call a spade a spade, your mans going to be in and out of court three or four times a year for the next fifty years, and why? because some as$hole is going to pick up a check for 5 grand every time it happens, that's why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    Yeah. He signed up to get the sh** kicked out of him. That's what Gardai are for. Duh.

Lol! You funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Worse than the sentence is the precedence this has now set for future cases. Who’d want to be a Garda in this country, can be attacked without consequence, and even when they bring the perpetrators to justice, justice fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Should have been jailed for 5 years.

No point, I’m an ex member of AGS. Once got a lad locked up for 7.5 years, he was caught after a car chase that lasted 30 minutes in which he ended up rear ending a car with an innocent father and son in that went 30 feet into the air on impact and then caught fire. He was after being on a burglary spree the same night. On the day he was sentenced he calmly told me he would slice me to pieces when he got out.

Cue two years later I arrived into work and see a prisoner was in, utter shock to see it’s my “slicing” friend. He was after attempting to steal a car the night before and the owner challenged him. He purposefully reversed the owner against a wall breaking both his legs.

He serves 18 months and gets out and ends up being a member of the gang that subjected that family in Tipperary to an awful ordeal during an aggravated burglary.

SOME guards do try there best but the judiciary lets them down with a bang at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The judiciary no longer serve the public good only the corrupt and untouchable legal industry.

🙈🙉🙊

Would you ever stop moaning about your job and go off sick with something long term or take early retirement. You signed up for it, you wanted to do it, you take the salary. You now hate it - we all know. Yes its terrible, yes its **** for the garda, yet unless your unions organise and sort out another blue flu nothing will change. Accept it or leave. The politicians dont care, noone is putting pressure on them, the industry of law is not going to change ever if it can help it - too many multimillionaires made from it. So make your world a better place and choose a career that will make you happy. Leave your **** job and ait working conditions and the daily **** you have to endure. Your current role and career choice is clearly one you hate and dosn’t agree with you. You are not a tree - if you don’t like where you are MOVE. Stop letting them poison your life and make a walking victim of you and the rest
    of your working life. Bitterly, we all know and can clearly see It is not going to change or get better.

I don't recall saying any of those things.

I asked you a very straight question and you went off on a rant about me and made a lot of presumptuous comments.

In regards leaving, it must be great to have the freedom to just quit your job because you don't like it. The majority of people can't do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I don't recall saying any of those things.

I asked you a very straight question and you went off on a rant about me and made a lot of presumptuous comments.

In regards leaving, it must be great to have the freedom to just quit your job because you don't like it. The majority of people can't do that.

You are constantly on boards hating your job. Thats why I mentioned it - its synonymous with you. Even as a total anonymous poster the toxic hate you have for the position you find yourself in and the criminal scum and circumstances you have to deal with punch through every time. Thats why I said to give it up - it is clearly eating away at you and destroying you. As for jobs - there are others as with careers. Sometimes, harsh or not, the person you become because of the toxicity and anger you feel because of your job and the scum you meet and have to deal with, is not worth it. You seem to have reached this point. Move while you still have something to give.

& I agree with someone eles & apologise -it was a bit harsh - but it is in everything you do on boards - you are known for it - your hatred of your work circscumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I suppose the problem with a job like that is they may have no other qualifications to fall back on.

If you have no other qualifications it will be near impossible to leave the guards and get any other job that pays close to what they are currently making.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I suppose the problem with a job like that is they may have no other qualifications to fall back on.

If you have no other qualifications it will be near impossible to leave the guards and get any other job that pays close to what they are currently making.

I'm not sure why you would think this.
    The majority of people who join the Guards have, third level qualifications or a trade, before joining.
    Very few people join the Guards straight from school. It's not the 1970s anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

bubblypop wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you would think this.
    The majority of people who join the Guards have, third level qualifications or a trade, before joining.
    Very few people join the Guards straight from school. It's not the 1970s anymore.

Any link to this or is there any official figures.I'd be very interested in seeing them.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Any link to this or is there any official figures.I'd be very interested in seeing them.

I don't know if they keep official records on this.
    I might see if I can find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I was in a high court case the judge in the case before was so nice to scrote who badly beat another kid.
    he treated me like vermin lol. I despised him too though.
    he'll is the high courts

You are constantly on boards hating your job. Thats why I mentioned it - its synonymous with you. Even as a total anonymous poster the toxic hate you have for the position you find yourself in and the criminal scum and circumstances you have to deal with punch through every time. Thats why I said to give it up - it is clearly eating away at you and destroying you. As for jobs - there are others as with careers. Sometimes, harsh or not, the person you become because of the toxicity and anger you feel because of your job and the scum you meet and have to deal with, is not worth it. You seem to have reached this point. Move while you still have something to give.

& I agree with someone eles & apologise -it was a bit harsh - but it is in everything you do on boards - you are known for it - your hatred of your work circscumstances.

I seriously doubt I am famous on boards. Most users would be unaware of my job even when familiar with myself.

Of course I hate criminals and the stupid system I work in. Shouldn't I? I dunno why you think I hate my job though. I don't think I have ever said that. It's broken and widely regarded as broken but I like my job.

None of that changes that again, you made a comparison and I asked you if you do indeed share the reality of Gardai. A question you won't answer. That's all. Nothing to do with how I rate my career.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I seriously doubt I am famous on boards. Most users would be unaware of my job even when familiar with myself.

Of course I hate criminals and the stupid system I work in. Shouldn't I? I dunno why you think I hate my job though. I don't think I have ever said that. It's broken and widely regarded as broken but I like my job.

None of that changes that again, you made a comparison and I asked you if you do indeed share the reality of Gardai. A question you won't answer. That's all. Nothing to do with how I rate my career.

Here we go again. Whining. Moaning about your work and downplaying anyone and everyone else & their experiences . You’re the most underplayed and damaged etc etc. Quit moaning or get out. You’re forever at it. Totally toxic and disturbing to read. The system is not going to change but it will ruin what is left of you.

OOnegative wrote: »
    No point, I’m an ex member of AGS. Once got a lad locked up for 7.5 years, he was caught after a car chase that lasted 30 minutes in which he ended up rear ending a car with an innocent father and son in that went 30 feet into the air on impact and then caught fire. He was after being on a burglary spree the same night. On the day he was sentenced he calmly told me he would slice me to pieces when he got out.

Cue two years later I arrived into work and see a prisoner was in, utter shock to see it’s my “slicing” friend. He was after attempting to steal a car the night before and the owner challenged him. He purposefully reversed the owner against a wall breaking both his legs.

He serves 18 months and gets out and ends up being a member of the gang that subjected that family in Tipperary to an awful ordeal during an aggravated burglary.

SOME guards do try there best but the judiciary lets them down with a bang at times.

I sometimes feel like my job is pointless but then I'm thankful I'm not a Garda. :pac:

I have little time for the Gardai in a lot of cases but at the end of the day I can't imagine how many of them can keep any motivation. Starting off with the best of intentions it'll surely be beaten out of you pretty quick because you can work your bollocks off to try to protect people from some scumbag and then a judge will just let him walk out.

There's another thing in the article I really like; he had previous convictions for motoring and public order offences. I find it quite hard to believe the public order offences were the non-violent passed out somewhere rather than the shall we say "rowdier" kind of convictions.
    But hey, the probation service reckon he's at a low risk of re-offending. Obviously we'll never find out and they can all keep continuing their ineptitude.

Here we go again. Whining. Moaning about your work and downplaying anyone and everyone else & their experiences . You’re the most underplayed and damaged etc etc. Quit moaning or get out. You’re forever at it. Totally toxic and disturbing to read. The system is not going to change but it will ruin what is left of you.

I think you are just reading your own version of my posts now and have no interest in answering the question put to you. Block me then if im so "Toxic"

Ok so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

JustAThought, no personal abuse/jibes please, if you and Niner leprechaun can't get on in thread ignore each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just yet another example of our disgusting reaction to violent crime in this country..

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭mrskinner

Some time age a person I know was remanded on bail on a charge of manslaughter. This got reported on national papers.

Since then nothing?

Where can I locate outcomes of court appearances?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭tastyt

It’s the same problem for years in this country , we have nowhere to put these scumbags , prisons are so full we have scum with 100+ convictions out on the street and lads battering cops let walk out the door

Build more prisons and quick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

tastyt wrote: »
    It’s the same problem for years in this country , we have nowhere to put these scumbags , prisons are so full we have scum with 100+ convictions out on the street and lads battering cops let walk out the door

That's the worst part. Anyone with those sorts of numbers isn't being disinsentivised by the system. Why would you stop when the risk to reward ratio is so strong in your favour?

I get that there's a lack of space but I don't get why the non-criminal part of society needs to bear the brunt of this. Honest people get burgled and assaulted just so that Anto can have more room in his cell. That's a direct consequence of just letting these lads back out. Why is the lack of space not Anto's problem instead of ours?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

We protect young offenders so much, we had a woman stabbed to death recently and we can't name the killer as he's a minor, scum like him should be named and shamed.

Then when they're caught they get such lenient sentences and then these 'helpless kids' are running amok causing grief and stress on innocent families again.

mrskinner wrote: »
    Some time age a person I know was remanded on bail on a charge of manslaughter. This got reported on national papers.

Since then nothing?

Where can I locate outcomes of court appearances?

District court decisions isn't published but higher up is. A search of the name should show you the last court date if it was in the papers (amazing how many people think no newspaper report = no event)

It's probable on the long finger in the circuit court or gone for hearing which takes an age

• Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

tastyt wrote: »

Yeah but even the prisons have been made in to mini Hiltons. It actually looks like more of a reward for some of them.

Home from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

A guy I went to college with ended up a guard, I was a barman in the same town, one night a local known scumbag got in a fight outside the bar, this guy and his family must have combined convictions going in to the 1000's over the years, anyway a guard goes in to break up the fight, this guy and his friends get the better of him, but this scum starts going to town on the guard, doorman told me he was jumping on his head while unconscious, so our security run over and pin him. The guards arrive put him in the van, and give him a few thumps. He brought the guards to court and won, got one of them suspended, my friend said he got another suspended sentence for assault on the guard. Like others said, I hold no love for guards as often find they go looking for the low hanging fruit, but christ when this is what happens can you really blame them sometimes, there is law, but no justice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭spring lane jack

Drugs drugs drugs !!! The idea that we will solve crime by eliminating drug use is the prevailing basis of how our Gardaí and courts operate. Yet shoplifting, anti social behaviour, vandalism, bike theft, intimidation and assaults are out of control but every court is full of young people up on simple Cannabis possession charges. Prisons are full of Cannabis sellers and growers. Dublin is for Heroin what Amsterdam is for Cannabis and I take no joy in saying that as I believe Dublin as a city has been consistently badly run by a rural dominated political establishment. I read an article last night in which foreign shop owners and workers described the incidents that they have to put up with on a daily basis and I was disgusted, there's no glory for the Gardaí in tackling these issues especially when our heads in the cloud politicians push the drugs narrative.

Advertisement