Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gordon Elliott

• 06-03-2021 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for starting a thread about this , but I couldn't see it anywhere else.
    So horse trainer Gordon Elliott is banned for posing on a dead horse. Why?
    The horse was dead ! A bit crass and in bad taste but it was dead. Unless there is something else to the photo , I don't get the furore about it.

Comments

There's only two other threads, but he should be executed without parole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

cj maxx wrote: »
    Sorry for starting a thread about this , but I couldn't see it anywhere else.
    So horse trainer Gordon Elliott is banned for posing on a dead horse. Why?
    The horse was dead ! A bit crass and in bad taste but it was dead. Unless there is something else to the photo , I don't get the furore about it.

He had to be punished swiftly to prevent too many lights being shone on the whole industry is my reading of it.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Stop flogging a dead horse....there are at least two threads on this.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

kippy wrote: »
    Stop flogging a dead horse....there are at least two threads on this.......

Where?

There's only two other threads, but he should be executed without parole.

Where . I had a look and didn't see any in AH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

What he did was awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Where?

Under Gordon Elliot...

Where . I had a look and didn't see any in AH

Horse Racing & Current Affairs. Such trivial jollity wouldn't fit in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was listening to the six one news and I am sure one of the guys from the body overseeing Irish horse racing said one shouldn't do to a horse in death what you wouldn't in life.
    He was sitting on the horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Haven't we threads on Fred Elliott in Current affairs and the horsey forum already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

One thread in horse racing for the "sure he's really a nice guy and twas only one horse" crew

One thread in Current Affairs for everyone else.

touts wrote: »
    One thread in horse racing for the "sure he's really a nice guy and twas only one horse" crew

One thread in Current Affairs for everyone else.

Found it :(
    Can a mod delete the thread please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

branie2 wrote: »
    What he did was awful

Yeah, I'm not so sure. Who did he harm? He didn't even hurt the horse's feelings (as he was dead). The horse's family won't be outraged, unless they read the Daily Mail. Hatchet job on the man. And I have zero interest in horse racing...didn't even really know who this Elliot fella was until this story....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

KaneToad wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not so sure. Who did he harm? He didn't even hurt the horse's feelings (as he was dead). The horse's family won't be outraged, unless they read the Daily Mail. Hatchet job on the man. And I have zero interest in horse racing...didn't even really know who this Elliot fella was until this story....

While I agree to a certain extent, it was distasteful at the very least. No, the horse itself or the "horses family" won't care... But he's entrusted with looking after these animals and in life, or death, they should be treated with respect, the same as a family animal, dog, etc.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

KaneToad wrote: »

Well if I was the owner of a horse that died in the care of someone I'd entrusted to look after and train it for me, I'd be mightily pissed off to see pictures of him dicking about on said horse's corpse. Apart from showing complete disrespect to an animal he supposedly cared for, he's showing complete disrespect to the people who invested their money in the animal and now have nothing to show for their investment.

Zaph wrote: »
    Well if I was the owner of a horse that died in the care of someone I'd entrusted to look after and train it for me, I'd be mightily pissed off to see pictures of him dicking about on said horse's corpse. Apart from showing complete disrespect to an animal he supposedly cared for, he's showing complete disrespect to the people who invested their money in the animal and now have nothing to show for their investment.

Nonsense. The owners would have been well aware of the risks in involved. As for showing disrespect to the horse ?? He , like all breeders and race fans of animals , care for them when they're winning. The same as the owners. How is flogging a horse on a track somehow humane ,or as someone pointed out mincing them for chilli con carne when sitting on a dead animal is cruelty. Bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Horse "racing" as a thing should be given the boot. Basically amount to animal abuse as there's no fcuking way the horse could agree to being whipped to fcuk along a course, in the name of promoting the name of a stable.

It's not even a sport sure, as the fcuking horse does the work, and the jockey gets plaudits for whipping the fcuk out of it (anyone who counters that statement should get beat with a horse whip beforehand to feel the same way). It's a racket, designed as sport (the sport of Kings...yeah Kings have in the past traditionally enjoyed the ill treatment of their subjects and slaves).

Everything coming out of these decisions is well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

If you care about an animal, you don't make a joke out of it's freshly dead body. To me it's an indication that he doesn't care for anything that doesn't make him money. Glad to see him get a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

entropi wrote: »
    Horse "racing" as a thing should be given the boot. Basically amount to animal abuse as there's no fcuking way the horse could agree to being whipped to fcuk along a course, in the name of promoting the name of a stable.

It's not even a sport sure, as the fcuking horse does the work, and the jockey gets plaudits for whipping the fcuk out of it (anyone who counters that statement should get beat with a horse whip beforehand to feel the same way). It's a racket, designed as sport (the sport of Kings...yeah Kings have in the past traditionally enjoyed the ill treatment of their subjects and slaves).

Everything coming out of these decisions is well deserved.

Whipped the fcuk out off? You do realise that the whip is air cushioned. You could use it full force against your hand and it wouldn't hurt so doubt a half tonne animal is going to feel it. Its the sound it makes that has the effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Kauto wrote: »
    Whipped the fcuk out off? You do realise that the whip is air cushioned. You could use it full force against your hand and it wouldn't hurt so doubt a half tonne animal is going to feel it. Its the sound it makes that has the effect.

Why is there a limit on its usage then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

In other news ,this week, the Royal Family are tearing themselve's assunder.

The British Gov. have halved aid to Yemen whilst still selling arms to Saudi! B.T.W. a big sponsor of the British racing industry (Saudi) is under suspicion of holding somebody against their will.

In other, other ,...news ,Scotland is holding court on an issue that may define the future of "The Union".

There is more than that news this week!

Dead horse....how on earth has that distracted so many from real issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    In other news ,this week, the Royal Family are tearing themselve's assunder.

The British Gov. have halved aid to Yemen whilst still selling arms to Saudi! B.T.W. a big sponsor of the British racing industry (Saudi) is under suspicion of holding somebody against their will.

In other, other ,...news ,Scotland is holding court on an issue that may define the future of "The Union".

There is more than that news this week!

Dead horse....how on earth has that distracted so many from real issues?

I'm qouting my own post here, because I have left some important information out!

"Goshen" for the Champion Hurdle!

Do not miss 4/1 whilst it is still available! Some have gotten on at bigger prices ante-post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement