Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 - Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Feel a bit aggrieved at this Bruno haul. No shots or chances created, just the pen and he's coming out with 10/11 points. Guess that's the danger of benching a premium on pens.

He's played very well I thought. Lots of tracking back, worked really hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have Fernandes on the bench, with the rest of them having not played or injured.

16 (-4) to date with Son and Kane playing now and Holgate and DCL to play tomorrow. Although I suppose if Coleman is fit, Holgate might drop out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I have Fernandes on the bench, with the rest of them having not played or injured.

16 (-4) to date with Son and Kane playing now and Holgate and DCL to play tomorrow. Although I suppose if Coleman is fit, Holgate might drop out?

Gordon would probably lose out

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

siblers wrote: »
    Gordon would probably lose out

You mean Godfrey?

You mean Godfrey?

Feic, yeah that's the one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

CSF wrote: »
    Alasdair Gold clearly looking for Twitter attention. Can’t imagine that’s even an interesting lineup to Spurs fans.

Not sure they enjoy Winks playing.

3 - Shaw
    2 - Fernandes
    1 - Henderson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

3 - Shaw
    2 - Fernandes
    1 - Henderson

Benched Shaw first sub balls, could do with a son blank

Just 10 goals scored in 7 games so far this gameweek. Next up is Mourinho's Spurs who are rarely gung-ho in their approach for goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Benched Rashford and played Bruno. Captained Ederson though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

No home wins either, brought in Cresswell for a hit as I build towards gw 29, started him instead of Shaw! Ah well I am United fan (who I backed)so very bittersweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Sold Bruno for KDB but played Shaw! Disappointed on one hand that I’m not really getting the advantage over others from having Shaw (because of not having Bruno) but can’t really complain because after the penalty I thought I was in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

CSF wrote: »
    Alasdair Gold clearly looking for Twitter attention. Can’t imagine that’s even an interesting lineup to Spurs fans.

Yep, all huff and puff, noise over nothing.

Saw it linked the 'interesting' hint linked on a FFScout. There was panic. Turned out to be pure guff.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Surely Cancelo will drop to the bench after that. The line up against Southampton will be very interesting.

Surely Cancelo will drop to the bench after that. The line up against Southampton will be very interesting.

KDB in danger as well I think, so that is two out of three of my City players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

18pts on the field and 32 on the bench woth Forster still to play :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

KDB in danger as well I think, so that is two out of three of my City players.

I wonder will KDB get the game to play himself back into form. They’ll need an in form KDB to challenge for the Champions League. That my wishful thinking angle on it anyway.

Newbie20 wrote: »
    I wonder will KDB get the game to play himself back into form. They’ll need an in form KDB to challenge for the Champions League. That my wishful thinking angle on it anyway.

Yeah that is what the hopeful side of me was thinking too. Since Pep loves KDB.

However, Pep is also known to mind KDB and if he is fatigued/not fully fit he will rest him. Logically there is no need to risk him in the PL it is as good as won.

If I was Pep I would be giving KDB a 30 min cameo from the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Son free header, should have scored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    Had set up to play Bamford and Raphinha and bench Bruno. Overkill Leeds attack and just start Bruno? Would be for Bamford.

Doh! Benched Bruno...and Shaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Banked the hit....got JLingz in for Barnes.

Martinez

Robertson | Dias | Stones

Bruno | Gundogan (C) | Lingard | Raphinha | Salah

Kane | Bamford

Subs: DCL | Lowton | Coufal

Wasn’t sure whether to bench Bruno or DCL ?? Prob going to go with Bruno on the off chance that he might roll a penalty in at some point

Never doubted you Bruno :-)

This season is starting to feel like a real grind....with the paucity of goals lately I wonder is it time to start stacking up in defence again

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Never doubted you Bruno :-)

This season is starting to feel like a real grind....with the paucity of goals lately I wonder is it time to start stacking up in defence again

Yeah seriously considering playing 5-3-2 next week.

Bale (Kane)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Kane assist

England Captain to Welsh Captain - Goal.

I think the captains could smash the Palace Fleet now. I have both - boat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

So this Bale thing is happening so

GetWithIt wrote: »
    So this Bale thing is happening so

Yeah looks like he has played his way in. Moura having a good game as well though (Coleman has said it about 10 times already in commentary).

It will be interesting to see if Moura keeps up form will he get a run in the side from an fpl point of view?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Tekkers goal.

Mili assist.

• Advertisement

Unreal header. Son could learn from that

Advertisement