Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 - Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Far from my first post here. I thanked his post last week as it was a great view on things overall, the man always makes great posts, I actually forgot it was him that made the post, but anyway, relax.

Fair play, apologies for being a snarky bastard, it's been a long day!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Fair play, apologies for being a snarky bastard, it's been a long day!

I hear ya, just back from a 14 hour shift myself, the delight of seeing Kane points made me happier than I should have been :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

claw wrote: »
    50 provisionally with Lingard,Raphinha,Bamford,Dias,Cancelo and Gundogan(C) to go.
    50 with Gundo (c), Lingard, Raphinha, Bamford, Dias and Cancelo to go.

2a8484c4e3b93f2d4e6c7de58b982c65.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

2a8484c4e3b93f2d4e6c7de58b982c65.png

Who you putting in next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

61 with 6 to go. Green arrows :)

• Advertisement

claw wrote: »
    Who you putting in next week :)

Probably saving a transfer to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

62 with Gundog (c), Cancelo, Dallas, Raphinha, Lingard, DCL and Digne to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

63 with Gundo (C), Stones, Cancelo, Raph, Bamford to play.

Having an awful season so nice to have a good score to post albeit mid gameweek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Probably saving a transfer to be honest.

Lingard is a bit of a differential going by the live fpl site. Would be great if he delivers tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Double City defense and Gundogan captain blank but should get to 56 with Kane, Son and Fernandes earning points so HEWT. Bamford and Lingard still to play and hopefully a better return from my Man City players on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

46 with Dias, Stones, Gundog (C), Raphinha, Bamford and Lingard to go.

Glad to have Kane but annoyed I didn't captain him obvs...yet another case of DGW blindness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

33 with 6 to play. Shaw on the bench like many others, 3rd sub so not getting in. Sterling is such a frustrating player to own, especially as captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

33 with 6 to play. Shaw on the bench like many others, 3rd sub so not getting in. Sterling is such a frustrating player to own, especially as captain.

Dunno how he missed at the end. He's such a bad finisher but gets in great positions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

59 from 6, delighted I captained Kane, very nearly went with Gundog but assumed he'd only start one of city's games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

47. Need either coufal rudiger or Antonio not to play for shaw to come in. Unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

63(-4) with Gundo, Cancelo, Dias, Bamford, Dallas and Mount to go.

Up to 75k OR tonight, Kane(C) has absolutely rocketed me into contention in my 2 money leagues.

Closed a 100 point gap in 7 gameweeks in one of them. Enjoying the ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,259 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i make no apologies for the mistakes I've made this season. I've had a bad one. my instinct has been off, I haven't noticed form quickly enough (bar maybe Cresswell and Ricky recently), I've mistimed swapping premium players, and I don't think any of my chips went well.

sitting well over 1m OR. you can't be that low if you haven't made plenty of elementary mistakes.

but Christ, there are some seasons where it doesn't matter what you do, it just goes wrong.

the only things that would destroy me this week were if some of the following happened.

Bruno hauls.
    KDB and Gundogan blank.
    Kane getting 10 or more points than Son.
    Salah blanks.
    Villa keeps a clean sheet.

they all happened.

then I have Areola and Shaw on the bench, with Ricky, no doubt, about to get double digits.

it's utterly mad.

like Liverpool's season, i can only write it all off and start again next season.

:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

SlickRic wrote: »
    i make no apologies for the mistakes I've made this season. I've had a bad one. my instinct has been off, I haven't noticed form quickly enough (bar maybe Cresswell and Ricky recently), I've mistimed swapping premium players, and I don't think any of my chips went well.

sitting well over 1m OR. you can't be that low if you haven't made plenty of elementary mistakes.

but Christ, there are some seasons where it doesn't matter what you do, it just goes wrong.

the only things that would destroy me this week were if some of the following happened.

Bruno hauls.
    KDB and Gundogan blank.
    Salah blanks.

they all happened.

then I have Areola and Shaw on the bench, with Ricky, no doubt, about to get double digits.

it's utterly mad.

like Liverpool's season, i can only write it all off and start again next season.

Exactly the same!

Barnes gets injured, then Ings gets injured 10 mins into a DGW.

Take out Bruno & bench Shaw.

I’ve an outside chance in 2 H2H leagues so I’m gonna go for them & attack them with a strategy not focussed on OR but to win each match

Bruno hauls.
    KDB and Gundogan blank.
    Salah blanks.

they all happened.

it's utterly mad.

I hear you, feel like trying to going against the template has repeatedly backfired. One of the reasons I wildcarded was to attack Leicester's fixtures - then Barnes and their most important players go and get injured and Pereira turns out to be a disaster as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

i can only write it all off and start again next season.

i feel that are a lot of posters like that this year, chatting about having lost interest or chucked in the towel because they are in down in the millions. Taking -12 and -8 every week just to have fun etc.

I think though folk need to look at the position they are in, and set a realistic target of where they want to get to by the end of the season. Someone who is for example 2m could aim for top 750k - that's a challenge in itself and will give some reward than just throwing in the towel.

Some posters you see with TAA and Robbo in their team, because they will come good - despite how sh!t Liverpool have been in defense all season, and these are the same lads that will say there co-worker is getting lucky this season. Some will stick with players to the death for FOMO.

Sure there are lads top of the table that you might feel aren't good at the game and their previous history shows that, but these lads where in your situation last year or the year before, and who knows what next year might bring.

What's a better achievement?, someone who was in the top 100k in GW16, being top 50k comes end of season or someone who was down in the 3/4m club in GW16, finishing top 750k? One will probably have battled the ups/down of taking risks while the other played in safe and hovered around their rank with a few good game weeks thrown in.

Not sure if he posts much anymore but Klopp i think was fed up with the game down in the 4m club at one point - and now he's in top 800k - no reason why couldn't battle up to to 300k by end of season. Sure he mightn't win the $$$, but got to be happy with fighting back especially after taking so many hits at start of season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

51 and red arrows. Cresswell & Antonio good differentials v Leeds and hopefully Foden starts v Saints with KDB(C).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yep, I've really been making an absolute mess of things recently and find that I don't have the energy to try and fix it!

The proactive Mr P who would take on the world and go down in flames, but have fun trying just is stuck.

I can't believe the amount of players I dislike that I still own. But then I bring someone in and they get injured or something!

But it's on me, can't blame the cards I've been dealt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Dice75 wrote: »
    51 and red arrows. Cresswell & Antonio good differentials v Leeds and hopefully Foden starts v Saints with KDB(C).

You must be very high up if 51 is a red arrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ace2007 wrote: »
    i feel that are a lot of posters like that this year, chatting about having lost interest or chucked in the towel because they are in down in the millions. Taking -12 and -8 every week just to have fun etc.

I think though folk need to look at the position they are in, and set a realistic target of where they want to get to by the end of the season. Someone who is for example 2m could aim for top 750k - that's a challenge in itself and will give some reward than just throwing in the towel.

Some posters you see with TAA and Robbo in their team, because they will come good - despite how sh!t Liverpool have been in defense all season, and these are the same lads that will say there co-worker is getting lucky this season. Some will stick with players to the death for FOMO.

Sure there are lads top of the table that you might feel aren't good at the game and their previous history shows that, but these lads where in your situation last year or the year before, and who knows what next year might bring.

What's a better achievement?, someone who was in the top 100k in GW16, being top 50k comes end of season or someone who was down in the 3/4m club in GW16, finishing top 750k? One will probably have battled the ups/down of taking risks while the other played in safe and hovered around their rank with a few good game weeks thrown in.

Not sure if he posts much anymore but Klopp i think was fed up with the game down in the 4m club at one point - and now he's in top 800k - no reason why couldn't battle up to to 300k by end of season. Sure he mightn't win the $$$, but got to be happy with fighting back especially after taking so many hits at start of season.

Very good post Ace and agree totally - I had a lot of COVID/Work stuff etc going on in the earlier part of the season and at one stage (GW12) found myself at an embarrassing 3.8m OR, was going to scrap it and leave it altogether until next year and just happened to go into my year on year result and see that the worst OR I had in 14 seasons was 552K so set that as my target by the end of season. Have got it back to 900K at the moment so still along way to go, but it at least has given me something realistic to aim for.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    You must be very high up if 51 is a red arrow?

No matter where you're ranked (that poster said last week he was ranked 20k), 51 is a green arrow.

He must have taken a hit or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

46 at the moment with 6 to play though one of them is KdB (c), could get shafted by Pep yet. Im hoping he plays him to get more sharpness but it really is a 50/50 call.

Own 2 Chelsea in Rudiger and Mount while two rivals both own DCL and Keane so I badly need that result to go my way. Chelsea have been tight at the back but Everton will offer a test with Ricky on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

EVERTON TEAM NEWS

Starting XI: Pickford, Godfrey, Keane, Holgate, Digne, Allan, Gomes, Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin.

Subs: Virginia, Tyrer, King, Nkounkou, Bernard, Davies, Broadhead, John, Onyango.

CHELSEA TEAM NEWS

Starting XI: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Zouma, James, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso, Hudson-Odoi, Havertz, Werner.

Subs: Kepa, Rudiger, Silva, Kante, Pulisic, Giroud, Mount, Chilwell, Ziyech.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Rudiger benched as well will hurt a few.

• Advertisement

Rudiger bench...i might get Bruno's 10 points yet!

Advertisement