Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 - Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Jesus I'd be raging if I still owned Bamford and Raphinha

If only Bamford was in any way clinical in front of goal I'd be sorted in terms of FPL points.

More often than not it's Raphinha playing him in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I don’t post anymore because I don’t like the new vibe in the forum. There’s a lot of ‘soccer forum’ talk. It’s only a few posters but I can’t be having it. I liked it when we left tribalism at the door. We always seemed to self moderate tribal/****ty posts but that has stopped and Fingers can’t be expected to address them all.

I also don’t like the idea of helping managers that post joyful posts when players they don’t own concede or don’t do well. Again I don’t think it’s in the spirit of the forum - spend all week helping each other then rub salt into the wounds when someone else is suffering a late clean sheet loss or penalty miss.

I’m another that doesn’t post as much here this season.
    Still some great posters here but I’d agree that the mood has changed.
    Maybe that’s the nature of these things

KM is a big loss

siblers wrote: »
    Bamford sitter
    Sterling airball
    Watkins post

It's what I live for

Thought you posted that you had thrown in the towel and would be back next season ?

Rodrigo shot cleared off the line by Dawson.

Lingard off, Johnson on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lingard subbed

Turned a potential 9/10 pointer into 5 points but it's better than nothing.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m another that doesn’t post as much here this season.
    Still some great posters here but I’d agree that the mood has changed.
    Maybe that’s the nature of these things

KM is a big loss

The majority are fantastic posters.

KM is a big loss but CSF stepped up this season to try and fill that void. KM was a posting machine.

All the usual quality posters still posting.

If we set up a thread for the ‘shoulda woulda coulda’ posts it would make the forum bearable again.

I remember when (last season) the match day thread had actual updates from the game and not just the goals. You could get a feel for the game, or players, from the posts.

Edit - like Scorpion above

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thought you posted that you had thrown in the towel and would be back next season ?

I was being a bit of a drama queen. Few monthly prizes to keep me going and FSA league 2 survival

The majority are fantastic posters.

KM is a big loss but CSF stepped up this season to try and fill that void. KM was a posting machine.

All the usual quality posters still posting.

If we set up a thread for the ‘shoulda woulda coulda’ posts it would make the forum bearable again.

I remember when (last season) the match day thread had actual updates from the game and not just the goals. You could get a feel for the game, or players, from the posts.

Scorpion Sting is very good for updates to be fair to him.

There's so many games that are so far spread out that there's no real excitement compared to when games are on at the same time.

And as games are quite easily accessible there isn't the same demand for updates.

Full-time 2-0 to the Hammers. So disappointed that Bamford and Raphinha came away with nothing as they had a good few chances.

Lingard missing the penalty was also a bit of a sickener but the rebounded finish made up for it a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Leeds have such potential every game when they fail it's so frustrating. The only saving grace is a lot of people have the same two or three of there players so if they fail we all fail ha.

I was being a bit of a drama queen. Few monthly prizes to keep me going and FSA league 2 survival

I hear ya. There’s always something to aim for.

I wasn’t trying to single you out either.

There have been plenty of similar dramatic posts.

Maybe if we point them out more often then people will post less dramatically.

We have to learn to live with our decisions and get on with it. Of course every now and then we post a hard luck or frustrated post but they should be very rare imo.

If we all posted our sob stories there’s be no relevant content to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I think having the games so spread out doesn't help. People get to see more of the games now so get annoyed seeing player do well/badly whereas before there was a few games on at the same time so more things were missed.

At least I didn't take a hit for Antonio, seriously considered it. Can't believe I haven't owned Cresswell this season, must fix that soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

There's so many games that are so far spread out that there's no real excitement compared to when games are on at the same time.

And as games are quite easily accessible there isn't the same demand for updates.

The excitement of Saturday 3pm fixtures has been seriously missing this season in FPL.

It was my favourite part of the game, so enjoyable but it was manic at times - a real rollercoaster.

Games on everyday at different times makes it nigh on impossible to keep track on the forum each day.

Aye. Scorpion and others are good for that.

There’s plenty of posters that don’t watch all the games. So while they are more accessible I think the match day thread should be mostly about match updates.

Goals, assists, good chances, bad misses, good performances and other relevant observations.

Not stuff about cheating or diving or someone being **** because ‘I just bought him so of course he turns into a donkey now’ or the ‘I just sold him so expect him to score a brace now and look like Pele’.

The only thing I like about the games being spread out is your more likely to watch random ones you wouldn't of before when they were together.

It's hard not to get a bit "emotional" at times especially because this game can be so frustrating. It's worth it when things go well though!

I actually have a good chance of winning my money league this season it would feel amazing as I've never won anything haha.

I think having the games so spread out doesn't help. People get to see more of the games now so get annoyed seeing player do well/badly whereas before there was a few games on at the same time so more things were missed.

That’s a good point I hadn’t thought of but I think the forum has always suffered from unreasonable crying.

I don’t like calling it crying because it’s quite confrontational but I can’t think of a better word for it.

That’s a good point I hadn’t thought of but I think the forum has always suffered from unreasonable crying.

I don’t like calling it crying because it’s quite confrontational but I can’t think of a better word for it.

I moan probably more than most here (although I've tried to reign it in) but when you're this engaged in the game and you see a professional footballer miss a 6 yard tap in for the second week in a row, it's hard to not get annoyed. Sometimes I think we will moan being humorous but doesn't always come across that way, sometimes it's general annoyance/rage

I don't like people taking glee from players losing cleansheets etc as it can ruin someone else's week and if someone can laugh off having their captain miss a pen or have a player with 10 points on the bench not bother them, then fair play to them, genuinely wish I had that mentally!

I mainly get more a bit annoyed with myself though. Why didn't I do this, why didn't I captain him etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Will have to bring Cresswell back in I think. I’ve had Coufal all along so felt I was somewhat covered but his corners are so good and the hammers have fantastic aerial threats. Dawson could have had 2 tonight. Will probably have Coufal and Cresswell for 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Xander10

anyone brave enough to express an opinion from trends, who Pep might rotate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Xander10 wrote: »

I would guess Mahrez will be rested - he has played 5 league games in a row (the full 90mins each time)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

69 with Dias gundog and Captain bruyne to play . Unlikely all those three Will actually play . Hope KDB does tho the most!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

5 more points bring my GW score to 25..... Martinez 7 points and 18 points between the 10 others!

As said above by many others. This season between it all gets annoying at times. You really miss the 3pm games. I didn't think I'd ever say this but there is nearly too much soccer on every night of the week and your making a decision on a team way before they will even play. At least before you might get a chunk of your team on a Saturday and get it out of the way with.

Was no real grá to sit down tonight and watch bot the games.

KM was some machine on Matchdays and others too of note have stepped up to it this season and I thank ye all, some days I'm stuck and won't see a game and a scroll through the Matchday Thread sorts me out no end.

But when you see no post during a match for 20 or so minutes. It sums this year up in all fairness!

Surely Stones is safe. I imagine Laporte will play though.

Might see Foden and Sergio start to freshen things upfront.

Be very surprised if he bench s Gundogan after losing the derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Don’t know about trends but in my mind when KDB is fit he is Pep’s first name on the teamsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Don’t know about trends but in my mind when KDB is fit he is Pep’s first name on the teamsheet.

I'd be amazed if he played 90 in next 2 games. That would be 5 full games in 14 days. Plenty are tripled up on city but i fully expect the likes of Laporte/Silva/Torres/Foden to start at least 1 of the next 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Newbie20 wrote: »
    God bless Craig Dawson. He’s been brilliant for me. Surprised he still only has 1% ownership. Very dangerous from set pieces.

I was just going to post the same. He's been brilliant since I bought him in GW19, 54 points in 10 games since. Not too shabby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I was just going to post the same. He's been brilliant since I bought him in GW19, 54 points in 10 games since. Not too shabby.

I got to be honest, it shows the level of attention I have been paying to what has been going on has been a limited. I saw Craig Dawson and said 'is he still playing'?

:o

Oblivious I was. And I am sure there are a lot like me. Only half watching the odd game highlight - and ignoring the likes of West Ham. It is no wonder I have been doing so badly. They look like a team full of bargains. Like a Villa 2.0

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement