Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Fran has a bone

I agree but this is about FPL, it’s a bit of entertainment in a shyte time.

Yeah true tbf FPL has been a great distraction this year with everything, I have enjoyed it great way to find out about so many players

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Fran has a bone

Sickener for Brighton wonder will they win the Xg again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Dunk before I bought him 8-6-6-8-9-7
    Dunk since I bought him 1-2-1 FS
    Have to keep for 29 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just saw the Villa Wolves highlights on MOTD there now and those clean sheet points from Martinez and Targett were God sent, its not often you see a shot from a yard out fly over the bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah true tbf FPL has been a great distraction this year with everything, I have enjoyed it great way to find out about so many players

First time FF player here and Ive loved it, have usually always only really watched my own team and then MOTD.

But this season Im watching more full games where Ive got a few FF players involved which has been great fun and given me a new appreciation for the game. The recent Leeds 3 nil on Southampton was particularly enjoyable as I owned all three scorers, I was jumping off the sofa celebrating every goal on a random Tuesday night, would never have watched that game other than for FPL. Its been a great distraction from everything else that is going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

JWP did well for me. Seems to be a decent differential. Pretty sure I'll be moving him on when I wildcard all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

Are they usually this slow to update the tables?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Is the game still updating for people? My leagues etc haven;t updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

siblers wrote: »
    I hate Leicester

Yeah I got Pereira in for a -4 convinced that it was a likely clean sheet and maybe an assist. That good Lallana goal killed that. Only form player Brighton had on the day?

Hopefully the nice run of fixtures Leicester have coming up (excluding the city game) will see them hit more form.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

My bench boost cheapie Lewis benched. Great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Xander10 wrote:
    Are they usually this slow to update the tables?

Degag wrote:
    Is the game still updating for people? My leagues etc haven;t updated.

I thought I had managed to gain the mythical grey arrow until I seen this.

Left Bednarek on the bench for because they're playing City next and gets a clean sheet today.Raging now.
    patmac wrote: »
    Mad as he had a double gw, says the man who left Forster on the bench, ah well thought I had changed it last night, at least I have JWP.

I am not sure it is that mad. I thought about getting a Saints defender in for the double. But thought they would concede in the first game and likely get walloped in the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Why on earth do I own a West Brom attacker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Why on earth do I own a West Brom attacker

For shame but I benched him this week! He'll be heading downwards to fodder once I get thru 29. Had him one week and I'm sick of him already.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    For shame but I benched him this week! He'll be heading downwards to fodder once I get thru 29. Had him one week and I'm sick of him already.

Good call, I'm just hoping they'll get a pen at this stage, he doesn't like doing anything from open play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Good call, I'm just hoping they'll get a pen at this stage, he doesn't like doing anything from open play.

He is my first sub though!!!

The league is so boring now so many meaningless matches. City have it won. Even with players in FPL playing so many matches are a tough watch, players don't seem arsed half the time either

Physically it must be hard work. Not the same recovery time as a normal season.

Plus I doubt the players are enjoying it. They must miss the jeers and even jeers from the crowd.

It will be interesting which teams keep up form, which improve and which slide when covid is over and the crowds are back.

I kinda of lost interest in the league as well if I am honest. I used to watch the odd full game.

Now I just watch bits of highlights here and there. Meanwhile, trying to claw some respectable overall rank. And salvage a poor fpl season on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

No trent or Mane starting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

FUL: Areola, Tete, Andersen, Adarabioyo, Aina, Reed, Lemina, Lookman, Cavaleiro, Decordova-Reid, Maja

Subs: Fabri, Hector, Ream, Kongolo, Bryan, Robinson, Anguissa, Loftus-Cheek, Mitrović

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

Funny. I was looking at it and thought the opposite. The team badly needed shaking up. Jota and Keita should bring a lot of new energy to the team. Can’t be worse than the form of Mane and Firmino recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I thought salah would miss out - phew !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I like owning Salah and Jota. For the moment anyway

Johnstone on for an 8 pointer, should have just played the bb to feck

FT 0-0. Most unsurprising result of the season.

Townsend 3
    Clark 3
    Johnstone 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Another bore draw in the PL. This congested schedule has to be taking its toll on the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

FT 0-0. Most unsurprising result of the season.

Im so annoyed Lewis didnt play ... that 0-0 was all I wanted! Johnstone cleanie is gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Maitland Niles 14 pts in 2 gws for me delighted with that

Advertisement