Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan and Harry Interview (Mod Warning in First Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    In America the majority seem to believe her, Trump supporters seem to dislike her and not believe. A lot of generalisations there I know.

Not just America, the Trumpists here have been quick to post their narrow minded, misogynistic shïte too. At least they're consistent, I'll give them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

The guy I originally quoted is a big royalist sycophant Jim allister fan boy. So he is. You're obviously not but my post was directed at him.

My bad so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Either way this can only be good for Harry, even if it all falls apart with Markle its still freed him from the royal family, something I think he's wanted for a long time, it's obvious he has had a chip on his shoulder since forever.

The RF are a vile, hollow entity with no substance, there fakes who are constantly putting on a show for everyone, no genuine personality at all, every little thing is carefully orchestrated to present a certain image to the world, not many would want to live like that, watching yourself erode into nothing but a puppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,139 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Neyite wrote: »
    https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/28/15/39D12D8500000578-0-image-a-11_1477666624170.jpg
    https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018072450497/prince-harry-spitting-image-prince-philip/
    You can see fairly clearly that he resembles his grandfather. And Earl Spencer, his uncle.

If there was any doubt that Harry had another father you can be sure it would have been checked by Charles and more than likely used in the divorce - it was a very bitter one and Diana absolutely dominated the PR wars. Surely if Charles had that up his sleeve when the whole world was vilifying him it would have been strategically leaked?

But it's easy to compare photos

bc8cb333a9a95a4232a66fbcc7f15a02.jpg

YBBxtR4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

silverharp wrote: »
    what a time, a millionaire being interviewed by a billionaire on how it sucks to be a princess and she is the victim

Self-made billionaire and self-made millionaire are the bad lot when compared to the born to priveledge bunch of entitled, inherited-wealth and spoilt royals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The guy I originally quoted is a big royalist sycophant Jim allister fan boy. So he is. You're obviously not but my post was directed at him.

Stop bickering. Fair warning. The next person to personally attack another poster will be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She is utterly nauseating. Calling her marriage “a spectacle for the world” while inviting Oprah and a lot of other millionaires who you barely even knew. She is utterly obsessed with optics. Every time she speaks I just see an actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Either way this can only be good for Harry, even if it all falls apart with Markle its still freed him from the royal family, something I think he's wanted for a long time, it's obvious he has had a chip on his shoulder since forever.

The RF are a vile, hollow entity with no substance, there fakes who are constantly putting on a show for everyone, no genuine personality at all, every little thing is carefully orchestrated to present a certain image to the world, not many would want to live like that, watching yourself erode into nothing but a puppet.

I agree. He was always "the spare". He has never liked the press. That is pretty obvious, it is a little ironic that he is using the press to get his own way.

Complaining about his obvious privilege and not having the self belief to go out on his own earlier is a little bit much to complain about now. I would have had the utmost respect for him if he had made his own way without having to be given the kick in the arse from the wife.

I think he is going to experience a whole amount of pain with this interview, personally speaking. So long as he is able to accept the inevitable backlash and own his own actions, he will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i don't get it though, what is the point of the interview? retaliation against the bullying claims?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

But it's easy to compare photos

It is, but not so easy to refute eye witnesses in a position to know.:
    Princess Diana's former butler Paul Burrell rubbishes persistent rumours Diana's secret lover James Hewitt is Prince Harry's biological father
    'Do you believe that Prince Harry is Prince Charles’ child?'

Without hesitation, Paul responded: 'Yes. Absolutely.'

'So, It's not the other... with the orange hair?' Jackie asked.

'Absolutely': 'She (Princess Diana) didn’t know James Hewitt when Harry was born. That’s fact,' Paul explained. 

'Five years into the marriage, she had Harry. She hadn’t yet met James Hewitt. That's the truth.'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5385601/Princess-Dianas-butler-Prince-Harrys-REAL-father.html

• Advertisement

Who was likely to say this anyway? If it wasn’t the Queen and the prince it would have to be a senior royal. Highly unlikely that a member of staff walked up and said anything racist.

Might be worth suing. At least get the name, Oprah knows so Meghan had defamed the person (if not true) anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

anyway beats talking about covid for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Leroy42 wrote: »
    She clearly does have something to do with it, she is right in the middle of it, but there is a narrative that Harry is an unwitting passenger in Meaghan masterplan to take down the Royal family.

He comes from a very clearly disfunctional family himself, the family that is at the core of this particular issue. So why aren't you blaming him?

It certainly comes across, the media reporting, that everything was fine and dandy until the foreign woman turned up and filled his head with a load of nonsense. And that eventually he will wake up and return to his real friends.

Expect that he repeatedly saysm and said way before she was on the scene, that he had major issues with the family.

I go back to an earlier opinion I posted, that Harry carries blame of his mothers death on the royal family themselves. He blames them for not protecting her, for abandoning her, and by extension abandoning him. The only person, that he felt, really understood what he is now going through, went through the same which eventually was a part in her death.

And he has to listen to his dad, who cheated on his mam, tell him to just suck it up, that the family is more important. That is needs don't matter.

Diana is seen as the outsider than tried to change the institution and was brought down. He sees himself, and now Meaghan, in that exact same position and he seeing, in his eyes, the exact same reaction to him.

Imagine if that was you. Why would you want to stay in that situation when everything is only cementing in your mind that the people around you helped cause your mothers pain and misery. Why would you care about any of them.

I'm not blaming anyone. I'm not even sure what I would be blaming them for. I think the whole lot of them are a mess. But there is no doubt in my mind that Meghan thought that everything would be a lot rosier on the inside. It didn't suit her so she wanted out.

Harry, I think is just there. Institutionalised from birth, she is the strong woman to control him now. There is simply no way in the world that Harry would have the balls to go out into the big bad world on his own.

He may have wanted to. He may even have dreamed about it. But he wouldn't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

She is utterly nauseating. Calling her marriage “a spectacle for the world” while inviting Oprah and a lot of other millionaires who you barely even knew. She is utterly obsessed with optics. Every time she speaks I just see an actress.
    How anyone can be taken in by this charade is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

How anyone can be taken in by this charade is beyond me.

She pulled the wool over Harry's eyes!

• Uncanny Tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭MOR316

I have no time for The Royals
    I have no time for Meghan Markle
    I have no time for Oprah.

All of them give me nothing but bad vibes.
    All three are known liars.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

Suckit wrote: »
    There is simply no way in the world that Harry would have the balls to go out into the big bad world on his own.

He may have wanted to. He may even have dreamed about it. But he wouldn't have.

not even balls .. Its Smarts. Man dont have no smarts.
    Were he smart, he'd have reached for top shelf women. He may have even used her to give the finger to someone when they told him slow it down. And it got outa hand. Who knows

But playing the race card . ON OPRAH .. front seat stuff.. that'll hit them in the dingers right enough. You go, girl !

Its a very convenient tale is all. Designed to cast a Slur on a household that cant very well defend itself against the slur

She just seems conniving and 'insincere' to me.
    It was a typical card to play. And Oprahs look of Schlock .. lols .. surely Migraine'd have mentioned that to Oppy - over the several vegan lattes, pre interview - that she was gonna play race card on live tv. C'mon . Aired on Int'l Womens day too .. how damnably convenient .. a Trumpite call to arms. Bullseye

Thus pair are so transparent, it hurts to hear about them

She may have experienced 'hostility' in the RF but that might be coz she comes across as Entitled and difficult. Head firmly stuck up her own buttcheeks like ..
    Shes a Yoga player so I believe and she can actually Do that .. Harry loves it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

On a personal level though, celebrity and eliteness aside, I hope things work out for the two of them because there are one soon to be two little kiddos involved. I guess they are the ones who lose the most in all of it through the bickering of adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Alfred123 wrote: »
    not even balls .. Its Smarts. Man dont have no smarts.
    Were he smart, he'd have reached for top shelf women. He may have even used her to give the finger to someone when they told him slow it down. And it got outa hand. Who knows

But playing the race card . ON OPRAH .. front seat stuff.. that'll hit them in the dingers right enough. You go, girl !

Its a very convenient tale is all. Designed to cast a Slur on a household that cant very well defend itself against the slur

She just seems conniving and 'insincere' to me.
    It was a typical card to play. And Oprahs look of Schlock .. lols .. surely Migraine'd have mentioned that to Oppy - over the several vegan lattes, pre interview - that she was gonna play race card on live tv. C'mon . Aired on Int'l Womens day too .. how damnably convenient .. a Trumpite call to arms. Bullseye

Thus pair are so transparent, it hurts to hear about them

She may have experienced 'hostility' in the RF but that might be coz she comes across as Entitled and difficult. Head firmly stuck up her own buttcheeks like ..
    Shes a Yoga player so I believe and she can actually Do that .. Harry loves it

what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

It’s an utterly bizarre institution when you think about what it is and how it operates.

The quote that stood out to me was that they took her passport and her keys. That’s screwed up and chimes with what you’re seeing coming out of the UAE rather than a 21st century Western European country.

As a member of the royal household, one presumes she was traveling on a diplomatic or official passport of some kind. It would be irresponsible and a security risk to have someone travel on a diplomatic passport once he/she leaves the royal household. The risk of them going off the reservation would unacceptably high. She didn't have her citizenship stripped from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

My wife watches all this sh1te but to be honest who the fcuk cares

Ginger83 wrote: »
    My wife watches all this sh1te but to be honest who the fcuk cares

There's a big market for this stuff, a market these two are keen to capitalise on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I must say I absolutely despise the idea of the 'Royal Family'. What did these people achieve and do in their lives to be classed as Royal, absolutely nothing that's what. They basically were born into a lineage and that's about it. I really think they are a crowd of rich chavs who have brought nothing but scandal to the country.

Yes, people say that the Royal Family have brought a lot of revenue through tourism but it's not like tourists get to sit with the Queen for afternoon tea. They only look at buildings from the outside, much like why I would go to Paris or Rome to marvel at the architecture.

From the perspective of Harry and Meghan, I do think there was a lot of bullying going on, from the tabloids in particular. Meghan could do no right.

I also think there is a lot of issues going on in the background like who is his real Dad and what really happened his Mum in Paris.

Imagine thinking that your own flesh and blood deliberately set out to hurt his Mother.

To be quite frank, I am surprised he survived those Chavs for that long.

Also, if you really want a good laugh about the 'Royal Family, watch the Windsors on Netflix. It is way a more realistic view of the Royal Pains than the Crown.

Charles is his real dad. Harry looks just like a young Philip and even has more features in common with Charles than James Hewitt. The timeline also doesn’t match for Hewitt to be his father. People are hinging that theory on red hair which Diana’s brother also had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

My son is biracial. I'm white and his mam is from SE Asia. When we were expecting him, we sometimes wondered aloud what features he'd get from each of us. It's just part of expecting a baby - the excitement of wondering what the little bundle will be like.

There need not be any badness in the comment; if you're woke with a victim complex however, the tendency is to take great umbrage at every remark and revel in how righteous you deem yourself to be.

Great comment. I totally agree. People often ponder what their babies will look like, especially if the couple have different eye colours, hair colours or skin colours. We need more context there. Was the discussion about Archie’s complexion just chit chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

There's a big market for this stuff, a market these two are keen to capitalise on

Oh really? I don't follow it at all apart from knowing the brother will be king.

Does this not make them all look bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'm an American, living in California. And I think both sides have issues and both are out to get the best possible optics for themselves. I don't see anything wrong with this. If you're committed too strongly to one side or another, you're missing the simple enjoyment of watching the game play out. This is peak gossip escapism. Why does the British Royal Family still exist if not to give us tabloid fodder?

H&M hit the ball out of the park last night with Oprah. It was juicy but also just vague enough to keep us guessing. Who made the comments about Archie's skin tone? Phillip's too obvious and also almost dead so he has no reputation to protect - my money's on Charles or William. Also, Kate made Meghan cry during the wedding preparations? Glorious. I love a good switcheroo!

And how is the palace going to respond? I'm looking forward to it. I want them to drag out all 10 of the people who accused Meghan of bullying them and have a roundtable discussion.

This is 10lbs of horse crap in a 5lb bag, and it's been thrown from all sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Not into the royals or Meghan or Harry but the whole thing felt very staged - quite a few moments I thought she was for sure acting considering she apparently didn't know what was going to be asked. Her whole demeanour was just.....off

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Oh really? I don't follow it at all apart from knowing the brother will be king.

Does this not make them all look bad?

There is huge currency in painting yourself as a victim

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Suckit wrote: »
    Isn't he coming back in the summer to unveil a statue of his mother with William?

Think he should just stay away. If he’s going to call his family racist stand by it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement