Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan and Harry Interview (Mod Warning in First Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

She got her 'royalty' - American TV megastars. She texted Oprah this morning asking how it was going. Before she met Harry, she wouldn't have even been allowed access to Oprah's number. She was at best a nothing actress in a mediocre TV show, and she was 2nd or 3rd tier of that show.
    Watching that interview last night - it will be the peak of her 'career'. Poor Harry being cut off financially :rolleyes:
    When she said (something along the lines of) 'I wasn't worried about myself or baby Archie's safety. I just asked them please, please to look after my husbands safety and keep him safe' regarding the UK taxpayer refusing to keep paying for their security, I'll bet there are few times Harry felt more effeminate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Suckit wrote: »
    Sounds familiar.. :rolleyes:

Context matters. Meghan's father, siblings etc aren't the subjects of the media pressure or the Royal family issues, they're adding to it. Harry and Meghan have little other recourse but to defend themselves against it and give their side of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I think it's terrible that The Queen sends them a waffle maker for Christmas and they still aren't happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Mules wrote: »
    I think she's full of crap. Bar her mother, she's estranged from her immediate and extended family, now it's going to be the same with Harry's family. It cant always be everyone elses fault.

The biggest estrangement was from her half sister, Samantha. Now you say it's Meghan who's at fault, so how do you explain that sisters own children's estrangement from ther own mother? Samantha is also estranged from her brother and mother. Her own mother has criticised her publicly, but the UK media don't take that up. The evidence seems to all point to the sister's being hard to stomach - something her own nauseating behaviour and comments underline.

The informed public doesn't even need to hear a word from Meghan or Samantha's own eastranged family, her own actions say enough.

Your argument fails at the first hurdle. The second hurdle is the father. As a father, I am beyond disgusted by Thomas Markles reported behavour and statements. So again, You only have to look at his actions to make a negative charachter judjement.

I am yet again astonished at how people can't see through the Daily Mail's spin and just seem to be DM drones, faithfully repeating their biased and manufactured nonsense.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    You seem to be assuming that Meaghan is the driver in all of this. Harry has had serious issues for years with the media, and the royal family.

Why do people assume that Harry is so totally unable to think for himself?

Because the DM has spun it to make it seem so. Him having a direct crack at the old bitch at the head of the firm shows he can and has guts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭startrek56

was there this much outrage over Prince Andrews interview? i dont think there was and what he did was far worse

cnocbui wrote: »
    Because the DM has spun it to make it seem so. Him having a direct crack at the old bitch at the head of the firm shows he can and has guts.

I think it's clearly Charles who is the issue in all this. Oprah has said it wasn't the Queen or Philip who made the comment about Archie's skin, and I doubt it would have been William or Kate. And as Harry said, the lack of support and communication from Charles considering what Diana went through and how the media were treating Meghan... Seems like Charles is the driver in most of the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

startrek56 wrote: »
    was there this much outrage over Prince Andrews interview? i dont think there was and what he did was far worse

There definitely was. But the consensus with that was all universal. Everyone agreed he was a lying creep who made a complete tit of himself. The divide in opinion with this one is what makes it feel louder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The biggest estrangement was from her half sister, Samantha. Now you say it's Meghan who's at fault, so how do you explain that sisters own children's estrangement from ther own mother? Samantha is also estranged from her brother and mother. Her own mother has criticised her publicly, but the UK media don't take that up. The evidence seems to all point to the sister's being hard to stomach - something her own nauseating behaviour and comments underline.

The informed public doesn't even need to hear a word from Meghan or Samantha's own eastranged family, her own actions say enough.

Your argument fails at the first hurdle. The second hurdle is the father. As a father, I am beyond disgusted by Thomas Markles reported behavour and statements. So again, You only have to look at his actions to make a negative charachter judjement.

I am yet again astonished at how people can't see through the Daily Mail's spin and just seem to be DM drones, faithfully repeating their biased and manufactured nonsense.

So basically, she comes from a clusterf*ck of a family, and that has absolutely nothing to do with what's happening now?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

paw patrol wrote: »
    the mental health card and add that to the vague racism claims.
    Twitter oppression Level : Full House.

If she played the woman card she'd be hitting Straight Flush territory
    Lob in the LGBT card and she'd have the Twitter God Tier Oppression level :Royal Flush

You probably said the same thing when Diana did her interview, though without the stupid Twitter reference. Pathetic but unsurprising attitude.

• Advertisement

Em - because - given Harry is currently 6th in line - daddy charles, willers, 3 nephews/nieces - Charles and Willers have been diagnosed with Covid - Willers lives with his kids. Suddenly the possibility of the line being wiped out or considerably shortened is a living reality.............

I think you'lll find Covid won't wipe out much of the names you list to be realistic.

So basically, she comes from a clusterf*ck of a family, and that has absolutely nothing to do with what's happening now?

Of course it has something to do with it. It gives the DM a heaven sent box of material to manufacture slander/spin from. They only have to show a cheque to half of that lot to get them to give them ammunition. Note that it's not the whole lot. Meghan is on very good terms with one of Samantha's daughters, her own mother and Samanthas's mother doesn't seem to be accepting DM chques. So it's 3 out of 6 - the half brother being the third diser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

BettyS wrote: »
    Jesus! Reddit is really attacking the UK! This was the top post this morning from a comment about the interview

Isn’t it interesting how easily the Americans believe everything she says? It makes you wonder what they think of the U.K. and even Europe below the surface.

Americans really hate the Royal Family. I’ve always felt that they wanted it to crash and burn.

In my opinion, the reason that the UK is so angry is because it is being inferred in the US that they are a racist nation. It is a pretty damaging accusation to face! The UK will of course defend itself

Yes and what angers me is the lack of questioning in america. Everyone just takes her comments at face value as if she’s so innocent and every single thing that comes out of her mouth is the truth!

I’ve always felt the Americans wanted to throw their problems with racism onto other countries. They really can’t stand the royal family.

He already dismissed the claim and said that it is easily verifiable.

It worries me as to why they would bother to lie about this. And now the whole veracity is compromised.

I think Kate and William or somebody from the family need to do an honest interview about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

Is there anywhere to watch the interview now, rather than wait for RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All I've seen of this whole saga is bits on the news or my wife making occasional comments about it.

My lingering feeling is, if I were a British taxpayer, the ones funding this absolute clown show of vain and tiny minded brats, I'd be more than a bit livid.

Of course it has something to do with it. It gives the DM a heaven sent box of material to manufacture slander/spin from. They only have to show a cheque to half of that lot to get them to give them ammunition. Note that it's not the whole lot. Meghan is on very good terms with one of Samantha's daughters, her own mother and Samanthas's mother doesn't seem to be accepting DM chques. So it's 3 out of 6 - the half brother being the third diser.

And when the DM can't get a member of her family to comment on something, in come the "body language experts" who comment on how the slight angle in Meghan's hand means she's a f*cking b*tch who is intent on destroying the Royal Family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

screamer wrote: »
    I think it’s ironic to the point of laughable that she took such a stand against her father for doing a tell all to the press that she cut off all contact with him and her family, and she turns around and does the very very same thing to her in laws. Now, what does she expect to happen? And I think that’s a huge part - divide and conquer. She has managed to burn the last bridge between Harry and his family, and he seems to be fine with it. Shocking stuff really and says a lot more about them than any interview ever will.

This post sums it up perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,660 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

She clearly does have something to do with it, she is right in the middle of it, but there is a narrative that Harry is an unwitting passenger in Meaghan masterplan to take down the Royal family.

He comes from a very clearly disfunctional family himself, the family that is at the core of this particular issue. So why aren't you blaming him?

It certainly comes across, the media reporting, that everything was fine and dandy until the foreign woman turned up and filled his head with a load of nonsense. And that eventually he will wake up and return to his real friends.

Expect that he repeatedly saysm and said way before she was on the scene, that he had major issues with the family.

I go back to an earlier opinion I posted, that Harry carries blame of his mothers death on the royal family themselves. He blames them for not protecting her, for abandoning her, and by extension abandoning him. The only person, that he felt, really understood what he is now going through, went through the same which eventually was a part in her death.

And he has to listen to his dad, who cheated on his mam, tell him to just suck it up, that the family is more important. That is needs don't matter.

Diana is seen as the outsider than tried to change the institution and was brought down. He sees himself, and now Meaghan, in that exact same position and he seeing, in his eyes, the exact same reaction to him.

Imagine if that was you. Why would you want to stay in that situation when everything is only cementing in your mind that the people around you helped cause your mothers pain and misery. Why would you care about any of them.

• Advertisement

Brit here, go easy!

For every member of the public who love the royal family there is someone else who is completely indifferent to them. Those that love them will likely believe what they read in the tabloids and paint Meghan as the bad one, the indifferent ones like myself probably see some truth in what she said, it’s a very closed environment for the “select few”.

That said she now has a profile she couldn’t have dreamed to have a few years ago, I think most of us would have struggled to select her in a line up. The treatment she had from the media was quite poor, no one deserves that, however, going forward they will be in ridiculous demand, the money and fame coming their way is frightening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,660 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Larbre34 wrote: »
    All I've seen of this whole saga is bits on the news or my wife making occasional comments about it.

My lingering feeling is, if I were a British taxpayer, the ones funding this absolute clown show of vain and tiny minded brats, I'd be more than a bit livid.

If you were a British taxpayer, you fully endorse the spending of millions every year to keep the family in the lap of luxury. You accepted the Queen, Charles etc using their connections to get laws changed to suit themselves.

But apparently, 30m for Harry's wedding is a step too far?

I don’t believe everything in the press. In fact I don’t read it. However, I have researched her and the way she has treated her family members. I can see right through her.

I just can’t believe how gullible and easily led Americans are. Unbelievable.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    If you were a British taxpayer, you fully endorse the spending of millions every year to keep the family in the lap of luxury. You accepted the Queen, Charles etc using their connections to get laws changed to suit themselves.

But apparently, 30m for Harry's wedding is a step too far?

Well yes of course it is, if they’ve already been married.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

It's horrible the firm denied Meghan mental health help when she was feeling suicidal .
    I don't see her acting at all during the interview she gets terrible comments in the press and public that would destroy anyone and her living away from her home country .
    I can see why Harry made comments to interviewer or the press last year when moving away "If you knew what I knew you'd do the same"
    Harry always wanted out of the royal family and blames them for the death of his mother. He joined the military to escape the royal way of life . Meghan was his perfect opportunity to get out. He afraid Meghan would be history repeating itself with Diana.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was Harry who decided they needed to get out he had more to lose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭startrek56

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    I don’t believe everything in the press. In fact I don’t read it. However, I have researched her and the way she has treated her family members. I can see right through her.

I just can’t believe how gullible and easily led Americans are. Unbelievable.

more than just Americans... go on facebook any day and see how many of people share scam competitions... "oh fantastic prize to win, liked and shared"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Larbre34 wrote: »

Royalty is one of the biggest tourist attractions in the UK. This saga only makes it more so. There's no such thing as bad publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Augeo wrote: »
    I think you'lll find Covid won't wipe out much of the names you list to be realistic.

Charles, Williars & Co - I’d agree with you but then again I’d gave said they’d have made sure to protect them most and ensure noone came within an air conditioned fart of getting close enough to touch anything they might touch or breathe the same airspace as them - yet they both caught it.I’d have put half a mil on them being unreachable - but not so, apparently.

I wouldn’t be too surprised if Philly was actually in hospital with it ATM rather than a heart condition.

Its going to be pretty bad on Harry if he (P Philip) does die and either he has to come back to his family for the funeral or won’t/isn’t let come back. Harry is the loser inthis no matter how you roll the dice. Then again he’s a ‘worth 20m ‘loser’ !

Not one of his friends or circle from Eton or aristo mates have come out to support him (&her) - I thinks that’s pretty sad. I’d like to think of I was in a ****storm that someone who knew me would defend me in the media. Not for Harry :(
    Looks like his angry victim complex wife is all he’s left with. Sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

It's horrible the firm denied Meghan mental health help when she was feeling suicidal .
    I don't see her acting at all during the interview she gets terrible comments in the press and public that would destroy anyone and her living away from her home country .
    I can see why Harry made comments to interviewer or the press last year when moving away "If you knew what I knew you'd do the same"
    Harry always wanted out of the royal family and blames them for the death of his mother. He joined the military to escape the royal way of life . Meghan was his perfect opportunity to get out. He afraid Meghan would be history repeating itself with Diana.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was Harry who decided they needed to get out he had more to lose.
    Pure nonsense. That family has the very best of health care money can buy and that was available to her for sure. Many women feel low after a baby arrives and it's well understood and the best of help would be available to her. It doesn't make any sense to withdraw it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Iodine1 wrote: »
    Pure nonsense. That family has the very best of health care money can buy and that was available to her for sure. Many women feel low after a baby arrives and it's well understood and the best of help would be available to her. It doesn't make any sense to withdraw it.

I'm open to correction, I thought that her mental health issues were during her pregnancy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement