Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 28 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Klonker wrote: »
    Having second thoughts on this now. It'll leave me with 3 Man City and 3 Spurs with no wildcard or FH left to use. Would make GW33 difficult to plan for.

What’s happening in 33? Spurs seem to have a somewhat decent run in of fixtures.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

JIdontknow wrote: »
    What’s happening in 33? Spurs seem to have a somewhat decent run in of fixtures.

Carabao Cup Final

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Trossard in for 2 week punt to have 11 for GW29, probably for Foden unless he goes off on one tomorrow night (heres hoping for headaches)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Probably will bank, but I'm considering Auba in for Salah.

It's a move I'll probably make next week in view of the blank but with Liverpool and Salah out of sorts and a mini-revival from Auba I'm tempted to do it a week early. Probably won't though, it's an away game for Liverpool where they've actually played decent of late. I also see a higher ceiling for Salah.

Any thoughts on Salah (Wolves away) vs Auba (Spurs home) for just this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Morzadec wrote: »

It's a move I'll probably make next week in view of the blank but with Liverpool and Salah out of sorts and a mini-revival from Auba I'm tempted to do it a week early. Probably won't though, it's an away game for Liverpool where they've actually played decent of late. I also see a higher ceiling for Salah.

I don't think this week is the week where Auba starts being advantageous over Salah, but with their curves trending in opposite direction and Arsenal's fixtures improving soon, it is definitely one I am considering in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Morzadec wrote: »

I think if Salah starts tonight he's unlikely to start at the weekend. I'd have doubts about Auba starting at the weekend if he starts tomorrow too so I'd hold off til then before deciding anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

I think if Salah starts tonight he's unlikely to start at the weekend. I'd have doubts about Auba starting at the weekend if he starts tomorrow too so I'd hold off til then before deciding anyway.

Liverpool are playing Wolves on Monday and then have no matches for the rest of the month. Can't see him being rested when they have no games after Monday for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

claw wrote: »
    Liverpool are playing Wolves on Monday and then have no matches for the rest of the month. Can't see him being rested when they have no games after Monday for ages.

You're probably right. I actually expect Salah not to start tonight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

He might not start though either! Hard to know what is going on after the line-up on Sunday! It won't be because he needs a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Salah starts both games. Not the time of the season for rests especially considering the teams form. Wed - Mon evening is a nice break between fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

When the only thing Liverpool have to play for is the Champions League, there is no way that he gets rested in a Champions League knockout tie.

I am thinking of selling him for Bale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Ive sold Salah for Jess Lingz last week. I also had the pleasure, and excess funds, to buy kane for DCL. I profited.

Sell bloody Salah. no1 will be captaining him anytime soon. Trust the random gingey lemony stranger on boards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Fitz* wrote: »
    When the only thing Liverpool have to play for is the Champions League, there is no way that he gets rested in a Champions League knockout tie.

I am thinking of selling him for Bale though.

They have to play to get back next year. They have to focus on both .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Probably Bale in for Salah then if not this week the following week Cresswell in for Stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Cancelout

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

COH wrote: »
    Cancelout

Cancelo culture strikes again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Xander10

F1ngers wrote: »
    Carabao Cup Final

apart from the finalists, which other 2 teams miss out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

macraignil wrote: »
    Mitchell replacement most likely to come in with an extra player for week 29 looking to be the best direction to go. Is Cresswell the best option?

Cresswelll in for Mitchell done as I need some player on the bench who is likely to play. Not confident in him getting a clean sheet against Man united but if he does come in there's a chance of an attacking return with the dead ball situations he is involved in and will likely have him in my first 11 for most of the rest of the season. Potentially 9 playing in week 29 now but can't see any other week 29 player to bring in worth taking a hit for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Brought Konsa in for Struijk for GW28.

Going without Martinez (stupidly) has killed me recently, decent CS potential this GW and plays in GW29.

Will leave me with 6 for GW29 and looking Bamford, Bale, Dallas for DCL, Salah, Pereira for a -8 all going well.

9 for the DGW then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lallana or Trossard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Toying with the idea of getting Jota in, he finally looks match fit and should have scored twice tonight. Liverpool in awful form in the PL but have a hunch he will get returns against his old team Wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Toying with the idea of getting Jota in, he finally looks match fit and should have scored twice tonight. Liverpool in awful form in the PL but have a hunch he will get returns against his old team Wolves

Ye was looking at mount or Jota, but with firmino with a small knock too looks a much better option got him in myself for a one week punt looks sharp, post my WC he may become my Liverpool cover if I ditch salah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Thinking Salah out for Auba.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Maddison out Bale in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Did salah to bale and cancelo to cresswell. Have a fortune in my bank now to splash out for next week to get 2 more players with doubles.

Auba and another striker of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Green&Red wrote: »
    Lallana or Trossard?

Or Gross?

Was just looking at Citys fixtures and its starting to get pretty clogged. Between now and the 13th of April they have three CL games (assuming they get past Monchengladbach) and an FA Cup quarter final v Everton plus the Coca Cola Cup Final v Spurs

13 Mar Fulham (A)
    16 Mar Monchengladbach (H)
    20 Mar FA Cup Everton
    International Break
    3 April Leicester (A)
    6/7 April CL quarter final 1st leg
    10 April Leeds (H)
    13/14 April CL quarter final 2nd leg
    17 April Villa (A)
    25 April Rumbelows Cup Final v Spurs
    1 May Palace (A)

Wondering might now be the time to get off Gundogan? I own KdB and Dias so would still have City cover. But with their 5 non PL fixtures Im thinking Gundogan is likely to only play two or max three of their 5 PL fixtures during that period. Whereas someone like Jesse Lingard will play every game if he is fit (excepting United this weekend)

If things were clearer on Grealish it would make moving away from Gundogan easier. But either way owners of Gundogan and deBruyne might only see them start 2 or 3 times over the next 5 PL games. Another midfielder elsewhere on good form and who is starting all 5 games over this period is likely to out point them. I think for those who own both KdB and Gundogan out of 10 potential starts we're looking at somewhere between 4 and 6 actual starts due to the 3 CL games, 1 FA Cup and the Milk Cup Final.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Rumbelows Cup, blimey you’re showing your age there mate!

Rumbelows Cup, blimey you’re showing your age there mate!

The Milk Cup is even older :pac:

Its the Worthington Cup I feel sorry for, no-one ever remembers that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The Milk Cup is even older :pac:

Its the Worthington Cup I feel sorry for, no-one ever remembers that one

Or as it was known, “The Worthless Cup”.

Advertisement