Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three, customer service and gap in logic around upgrades.

Options
  • 06-03-2021 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Could someone please explain to me why Three ireland are rewarding new customers over their existing customers?

I'm due an upgrade and the phone I'm looking at is free to new customers. I've been with three over 6 years and even though I'm going to a higher price plan they are trying to charge me 219 euro for the same phone on the exact same plan. How can they not offer the same prices to loyal customers? This is highly disappointing and very frustrating. Makes no logic sense from a buisness point of view and shows the complete disregard three have current customers. Has anybody else noticed this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Not unusual for many products. They have you and want the new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its the norm in virtually every recurrent income model business - telecoms subscriptions, insurance, magazine subscriptions, alarm monitoring, energy bills and so on

Inertia means sitting customers don't always leave; discounts get new customers in.

Often if you phone up and threaten to cancel you can get the new user deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Had the same issue with eir they wanted €250 for new phone but new customers got it for €50 so moved network to get same deal.

And will probably will do again when contract is up. Networks are not loyal to you so I wouldn’t be loyal to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

go buy a sim free phone, then get a gomo or 48 sim, or if you use a lot of data, go for a sim free plan.

And when they say "upgrade" it really means to get you to sign up for another 12/18/24 months where you will be paying for the discount on the phone through you bill.

Advertisement