Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBT Dublin

Options
  • 06-03-2021 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi folks,

As far as I know IBT isn't going on at the moment due to lockdown, but I'm searching for someone to do it with once things are opened up again. Had the full A provisional for a while now but never got around to setting up IBT.

Can anyone here recommend an instructor? Ideally in and around Dublin South West as I'll be relying on public transport. I know of the big schools like Airport and ISM, but they've a ****e rep for car lessons, not sure about bikes.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭goblin59

dragx wrote: »
    Hi folks,

As far as I know IBT isn't going on at the moment due to lockdown, but I'm searching for someone to do it with once things are opened up again. Had the full A provisional for a while now but never got around to setting up IBT.

Can anyone here recommend an instructor? Ideally in and around Dublin South West as I'll be relying on public transport. I know of the big schools like Airport and ISM, but they've a ****e rep for car lessons, not sure about bikes.

Cheers!

I did my IBT with ISM, ask for Christy.
    I'm not sure if he's still there, if he's not, city spares might be able to put you in touch with him for doing your IBT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dragx

goblin59 wrote: »
    I did my IBT with ISM, ask for Christy.
    I'm not sure if he's still there, if he's not, city spares might be able to put you in touch with him for doing your IBT

Cheers! Was it Tallaght or Finglas you did it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Duke Dan

David Stears Dublin (Tallaght) 085 8283360 dstears@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭goblin59

Cheers! Was it Tallaght or Finglas you did it in?

Finglas, though Christy would probally head to tallaght if you were specifically asking for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

The out laws live near airton rd and I've now seen an instructor teaching in that area a few times and it doesn't look like a pre test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

zubair wrote: »
    The out laws live near airton rd and I've now seen an instructor teaching in that area a few times and it doesn't look like a pre test.

Rsa have confirmed they won't process any ibts sent in by instructors bit pointless doing it when you've no idea when it will actually be effective from.
    I know they're hurting but is it really worth being under scrutiny if it comes out, very easy to lose the adi (or what ever its called) registration.

Do we have an outlaws chapter in Ireland I know we've DD, ha, banditos, fw, and a few others.

Look up Eric Dalton and Tony Moore think one of them do ibt in Dublin area and are incredibly highly regarded and always in demand.

zubair wrote: »

I'm assuming that's a club? I'm in Tallaght regularly enough and have seen a lot of lads going around with instructors alright. Thought it was just people doing the test until I spotted two L Vests following another bike :confused:
    Mjolnir wrote: »
    Look up Eric Dalton and Tony Moore think one of them do ibt in Dublin area and are incredibly highly regarded and always in demand.

Thanks for that, I'll look up Tony. Eric Dalton was with Aaron Rider Training wasn't he? I rang them several times back when I first got the provisional in 2019, never got a call or even a text back. I know instructors are busy but that would put me off tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Eric Dalton (formerly Aaron Rider Training, he's since setup his own business) is absolutely FANTASTIC. Could not recommend him highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

I'm assuming that's a club? I'm in Tallaght regularly enough and have seen a lot of lads going around with instructors alright. Thought it was just people doing the test until I spotted two L Vests following another bike :confused:

Thanks for that, I'll look up Tony. Eric Dalton was with Aaron Rider Training wasn't he? I rang them several times back when I first got the provisional in 2019, never got a call or even a text back. I know instructors are busy but that would put me off tbh.

As mentioned by another poster he was but he's set up shop on his own now.
    If you message them on fb they'll get back to ya quick enough.

Much appreciated lads, cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement