Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installed Hive - Boiler wont turn off

Options
  • 06-03-2021 10:05pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Installed a Hive system last night. (2 zones + hot water).

I can’t seem to turn the boiler off now with out turning off the power to the boiler.

Just moved into the house. I think it was working before with the old timer (thermostats had been removed already). Ie would turn on when set to on, would come on during the timed hours etc.

But now it turns on, will fire for a couple of mins turn off, and repeat. I’m thinking that there is a valve stuck open now.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

godtabh wrote: »
    Installed a Hive system last night. (2 zones + hot water).

I can’t seem to turn the boiler off now with out turning off the power to the boiler.

Just moved into the house. I think it was working before with the old timer (thermostats had been removed already). Ie would turn on when set to on, would come on during the timed hours etc.

But now it turns on, will fire for a couple of mins turn off, and repeat. I’m thinking that there is a valve stuck open now.

Any ideas?

What way did you wire it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What way did you wire it?

An electrican did

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I assume you've tried setting your Hive thermostat to a high temperature.

You could get the electrician back to look at it, but I'd get a good boiler service person out, at they'll know both about wiring the Hive and any issues the boiler itself could have (since you suspect a stuck valve).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was looking at again. When I press the hot water boost it turns the boiler off. And it starts off until you call for heating.

Issue then is when you turn off heating It doesn’t turn off. Trying to get plumber / electrican back may not be easy!

Advertisement