Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using AirPlay to Cast Radio

Options
  • 07-03-2021 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭

I'm using Airplay on an iPad with iPadOS 14.4 to cast radio from TuneIn Radio Pro to Sonos. The only way I have found to do this is to connect to Sonos from YouTube and then use Tunein Radio. Is there any way I can set up Airplay from within iPadOS?
    Ideally I would like to be able to select a specific Sonos speaker from any app, just like I can with Spotify.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

I'm using Airplay on an iPad with iPadOS 14.4 to cast radio from TuneIn Radio Pro to Sonos. The only way I have found to do this is to connect to Sonos from YouTube and then use Tunein Radio. Is there any way I can set up Airplay from within iPadOS?
    Ideally I would like to be able to select a specific Sonos speaker from any app, just like I can with Spotify.

Thanks in advance...

Just download the sonos app and you then add in any sources that you use e.g. YouTube Spotify TuneIn. Is there a particular reason to use airplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭NewClareman

swampy353 wrote: »
    Just download the sonos app and you then add in any sources that you use e.g. YouTube Spotify TuneIn. Is there a particular reason to use airplay?

Yeah, that works fine, for those. However, I have local content that this doesn't work for. I suppose I could set up a local media server, but I'd prefer a more simple solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Yeah, that works fine, for those. However, I have local content that this doesn't work for. I suppose I could set up a local media server, but I'd prefer a more simple solution.

Hopefully the below will work for you
    "'On this iPhone or iPad' No Longer Available | Sonos Community" https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/on-this-iphone-or-ipad-no-longer-available-6829000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭NewClareman

swampy353 wrote: »
    Hopefully the below will work for you
    "'On this iPhone or iPad' No Longer Available | Sonos Community" https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/on-this-iphone-or-ipad-no-longer-available-6829000

Thanks a million, it is really simple - the speakers can be selected from the control centre. :)

Advertisement