Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90xr electric shower black soot

Options
  • 07-03-2021 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I'm after some guidance. My shower isn't working great. Temperature and pressure not as good as it used to be. I've noticed black soot around the shower on the tiles. I removed the casing and the whole inside is black. Do we need a new shower? or is it something we can rectify?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Beck82 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm after some guidance. My shower isn't working great. Temperature and pressure not as good as it used to be. I've noticed black soot around the shower on the tiles. I removed the casing and the whole inside is black. Do we need a new shower? or is it something we can rectify?

This black soot is carbon off the brush’s that attach to the motor. I’ve seen it multiple times and it gives an indication on the use of the shower. It’s normal wear. Perhaps brushes are worn and need replacing.
    Sleeper12 will be on shortly to give you better advice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

On the top dial you will have blue for no element, one red for 1 element & two reds for 2 elements. With the shower running is there any change in the temperature by turning the dial from 2 reds to 1 red or visa versa?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Scawlding

Hi, I have the same issue with a build up off black carbon dust all around the inside of the shower and shower parts. The water is no longer coming out of the shower though, so I'm wondering if the carbon dust build up (or new brushes) would be the issue or it it may be something else. I read no water being dispensed is possibly the solenoid valve needing replacing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Carbon brushes only effect the motor. Even if motor is totally dead, you will have some water flow. Even if it's a dribble of cold water. Absolutely not a drop of water is likely to be the solenoid

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Scawlding

Thanks very much @Sleeper12, changing the solenoid resolved the issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement