Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Fastlane 2021 (Contains Spoilers)

Options
  • 07-03-2021 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭

330px-Wwe-fastlane-poster-2021.jpg

The road to Wrestlemania continues with Fastlane taking place on the 21st March live on the WWE Network

Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Daniel Bryan Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship

Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair Tag team match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship

More TBA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Daniel Bryan Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship

Edge or Christian as ref?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Edge or Christian as ref?

Well not Christian anyway :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    Well not Christian anyway :pac:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Crescentine

Is it just me or has Fastlane always been dreadfully underwhelming for being the go-home PPV on the "road to WrestleMania"?

It should feel important, but instead is like the Bad Blood of modern PPVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Is it just me or has Fastlane always been dreadfully underwhelming for being the go-home PPV on the "road to WrestleMania"?

It should feel important, but instead is like the Bad Blood of modern PPVs.

Its because they shot themselves in the foot by trying to brand every PPV. Hell in A Cell, TLC , Extreme Rules , Money In The Bank, Elimination Chamber. So what makes this one special?

The one time a year you will see these matches and not only that but you'll see two of them!

Money in The Bank is the only one I would agree with.

However I think the Raw and Smackdown after Mania would be better suited to that stipulation. Basically one year from Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Sirsok wrote: »

Should be a Wrestlemania thing imo

In recent years we've ended up with a massively bloated card because there's so many people on the roster, if you were able to stick 8 of the high rated guys into a MITB match you're saving 3 matches and probably the guts of an hour of runtime even accounting for a long multi-man match

The Andre battle royal should be a preshow thing for getting "everyone" on the card at Mania, and the MITB for the guys near the top who don't have a natural match, the women's MITB could go on the preshow

I personally would rather a good 4 hour Mania than a two night one where each is 2.5-3 hours, waters it down a bit imo the 2 nights

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I'm guessing the intergender match between Orton & Bliss is going to be a cinematic match.

So I'm guessing the intergender match between Orton & Bliss is going to be a cinematic match.

Bray switches dressed as Bliss from under the ring :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

certainly won't be akin to a Bryan-Cesaro wrestling clinic anyway...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Personally I hope it’s a Fiend on a pole match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So the updated card appears to be....

Roman Reigns (c) VS Daniel Bryan for WWE Universal Championship (Edge/Jey Uso as Special Guest Enforcer)

Braun Strowman VS Shane McMahon

Drew McIntyre VS Sheamus

Big E (c) VS Apollo Crews for WWE Intercontinental Championship

Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) VS Sasha Banks & Bianca BelAir for WWE Women's Tag Team Championships

Randy Orton VS Alexa Bliss

You'd imagine there will be a couple of matches fired in last minute there as well as the card seems fairly short.

On the face of it that isn't a bad card... but...

We've already seen loads of the matches already - one twice - in the past month (Drew/Sheamus and women's tag match) - technically if you include Reigns/DB and Big E/Apollo that's more than half the card! Not to mention Orton/Bliss/Wyatt stuff that has been going on for months already! We saw Braun and Shane just this Monday too :/

Shocking booking given the depth of their roster.

Is Cesaro vs. Rollins being kept for WM?

Asuka Raw women's champ no title match

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess her match against Shayna will be on Raw

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Seth Rollins and the match between Drew Mcintyre and Sheamus will be a No Holds Barred match

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Seth Rollins and the match between Drew Mcintyre and Sheamus will be a No Holds Barred match

That could be great, lets hope they don't try too hard and end up making a balls of it

11pm start for this due to the time difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Sirsok wrote: »
    Its because they shot themselves in the foot by trying to brand every PPV. Hell in A Cell, TLC , Extreme Rules , Money In The Bank, Elimination Chamber. So what makes this one special?

The one time a year you will see these matches and not only that but you'll see two of them!

However I think the Raw and Smackdown after Mania would be better suited to that stipulation. Basically one year from Mania.

They need to move away from having so many PPVs, it was grand in the Attitude era when the product was huge. AEW's model of having kind of Super Dynamites every now and again would work a lot better for WWE, keep the Big 4 and a couple of the others and make the rest special Raw or Smackdown episodes with more consequential than normal matches.

10pm- kickoff show
    11-2am- main show

Early start for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looks a fairly short card. Wouldn't be surprised it finishes at 1 or 1:30am.

Looking forward to Rollins vs Nakamura, Sheamus vs Drew and Reigns vs Bryan

God knows what trainwreck the Orton and Bliss will be

Alexa Bliss vs. Randy Orton
    Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Seth Rollins
    Women’s tag team championship match: Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (c) (with Reginald) vs. Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair
    Intercontinental championship match: Big E (c) vs. Apollo Crews
    Universal championship match: Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Daniel Bryan (Edge is the enforcer ref etc.,)
    WWE U.S. championship match: Riddle (c) vs. Mustafa Ali

• Advertisement

Edge taking out a Bryan on the cusp of victory would be great

Ali really needs the win imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Retribution > NWO

That's the end of Retribution then

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Was riddle on the pre show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Good riddance to one of the worst stables in years. Farewell Teabag and Snapchat.

Wonder will they pair Mia Yim and Keith Lee now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Good riddance to one of the worst stables in years. Farewell Teabag and Snapchat.

Retribution went kaput then ? Ah I’m gutted.

If WWE had a good tag division I'd like to see Mace and TBar as a demolition style tag team called Titans.

A vibrant tag division would add to much to the product.

A focused cruiserweight also.

They start things off with promise and then lose interest.

Watching AEW, their roster seems to have a purpose and stories matter. Wish WWE gave their undercarriage some purpose

• Advertisement

couldn't care less about this match

Advertisement