Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Fastlane 2021 (Contains Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Its the Yeti....without the toilet role

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Jaysus, Alexa can pin me like that anyday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Glob damn the fiend is Kane but done right

Same contact lenses!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

This PPV has been pretty bad but lets not lie, this is the only match that mattered in advance. Should be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I can't wait till firefly fun house Bray rocks up without a scratch on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Away from the jokes, this stuff just makes me angry. There's no upside to it, no rating bump, no non fans drawn in, it only has downsides so why book it? If you saw that as a non fan it just confirms your suspicions about wrestling and anyone who calls themselves a fan just looks like a dope with no trade off.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Who would thought 4/5 years we would see Daniel Bryan and Edge in the same ring with both men out of retirement

So, either double countout or double pin? Cause we need this triple threat at WM

EDIT: I also love this Reigns. Glob damn he has natural heel heat without his antics. And he is good on the mic, him and Heyman together are OP.

This PPV has been pretty bad but lets not lie, this is the only match that mattered in advance. Should be class.

Should be, but the seriousness and magnitude of the match is kinda lost after that Fiend stuff.

Like watching a movie like The Godfather and half way through Freddie Kruger shows up for 10 minutes and pisses off before the final act.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Should be, but the seriousness and magnitude of the match is kinda lost after that Fiend stuff.

Like watching a movie like The Godfather and half way through Freddie Kruger shows up for 10 minutes and pisses off before the final act.
    Eh, I would disagree. This has been the only match that has mattered really tonight. It's like saying that Penta being an idiot in the AEW ladder match ruined the actual main event. It didn't.

• Advertisement

First show on Peacock, first time maybe some people who haven't watched a WWE show in years or ever check it out. The same show you do that Orton match. Something that's conclusively been proven not to draw those type of fans.

Eh, I would disagree. This has been the only match that has mattered really tonight. It's like saying that Penta being an idiot in the AEW ladder match ruined the actual main event. It didn't.

Dude. The difference between that and that Fiend stuff is literally night and day.

Roman does look like a beast

Also just noticed Roman has a golden wrist brace. WWE Thanos love it.

Dude. The difference between that and that Fiend stuff is literally night and day.
    It is but the match beforehand has absolutely no factor on the match that comes next. That's my point. Or the stupid cinematic match at AEW. Doesn't affect what comes after. Especially when fans aren't a factor. It's stupid to say that one match affects another especially when the whole build for this PPV has literally been for this main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Away from the jokes, this stuff just makes me angry. There's no upside to it, no rating bump, no non fans drawn in, it only has downsides so why book it? If you saw that as a non fan it just confirms your suspicions about wrestling and anyone who calls themselves a fan just looks like a dope with no trade off.

I think you need to just let it be with this - you’ve had many back and forths with many people (including myself!) on this one!

Just think, in 20/21 days, we wont need to worry about Orton/Wyatt!! They’ve booked themselves into this situation, and need to finish it out. So in that scenario, it wasnt the worst.. But yea.. Roll on 20/21 days time!

Penta being a cocktail arrogant heel doing a few taunts is a bit different to a possessed woman acting like a child doing magic tricks to lure someone in so a melted man can enact revenge after he whole body was supposedly burned on live TV. Which will no doubt lead to a match at Mania that may take place in Randy Ortons mind. (Atleast I think that's what a firefly fun house match is meant to be)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

this is really enjoyable so far. Bryan is so good.

Penta being a cocktail arrogant heel doing a few taunts is a bit different to a possessed woman acting like a child doing magic tricks to lure someone in so a melted man can enact revenge after he whole body was supposedly burned on live TV. Which will no doubt lead to a match at Mania that may take place in Randy Ortons mind. (Atleast I think that's what a firefly fun house match is meant to be)
    Read my comment above. I literally made that point to show how stupid it is to compare how wrestlers act in matches before, especially when fans aren't there.

Read my comment above. I literally made that point to show how stupid it is to compare how wrestlers act in matches before, especially when fans aren't there.

I was literally replying to your previous post

It does affect the next match also in my opinion.You have a "universe" that you try and build as serious, however you also show that magic happens in it, it definately takes away from what happens next.

The Undertaker stuff worked as most of us were kids, and it came from a cartoon era. As an adult it is hard to watch this balancing act they try and do

• Advertisement

I was literally replying to your previous post

It does affect the next match also in my opinion.You have a "universe" that you try and build as serious, however you also show that magic happens in it, it definately takes away from what happens next.

The Undertaker stuff worked as most of us were kids, and it came from a cartoon era. As an adult it is hard to watch this balancing act they try and do
    Yeah, because wrestling is definitely never about the suspension of disbelief. It's like OC being loved because of how he wrestles, it's about how someone like Stone Cold got over for being the boss' enemy. If you can no longer suspend disbelief in wrestling thats fine. But if you can't separate that and individual matches then wrestling isn't for you.

Great match so far.

EDIT: Also, yeah, the whole deadman thing definitely wasn't loved by fans later in his career. Would you get out of here. Characters are characters.

There is suspension of disbelief and insulting of intelligence.

When they make their product out to be comical b movie hokey ****e , its hard to get rid of that stink over the product, especially when consuming the product as a package.

I can see we won't agree and that's fine. I would prefer my wrestling to being a bit more based on reality on a consistent basis is all with less of the hokey stuff.

That was great, Edge losing the head was good

Feels so weird having a PPV over this early

There is suspension of disbelief and insulting of intelligence.

When they make their product out to be comical b movie hokey ****e , its hard to get rid of that stink over the product, especially when consuming the product as a package.

I can see we won't agree and that's fine. I would prefer my wrestling to being a bit more based on reality on a consistent basis is all with less of the hokey stuff.
    Okay, then just look at the cinematic match before the AEW main event and if that didn't affect your opinion of that match then the Bliss/Fiend stuff before shouldn't

Overbooked but I guess it had to be for a triple threat. Great match before the interference stuff.

I dunno, I really don't. The work was good, the story of the body of the match was good. The finish was always going to be hokey but no sympathy, they've booked themselves into this corner. And what they came up with to get out of it sucked. ***1/2

And that's in a vaccuum, in reality going from a dirty swamp wizard, his possessed demon child girlfriend and Randy Orton to Bryan and Reigns trading headlocks and Boston Crabs was far too jarring.

A legit bad show, and probably a frontrunner for worst show of the year.

I'm wasn't a fan of Revolution to be fair or that main event.

Cinematic matches ain't my cup of tea either ( I assure you I do like wrestling) although hypocritically I loved the Boneyard match, even the Taker teleportation. I base that on following the Taker character since I was a kid and loving AJ Styles.

All I'm saying is your on the dance floor, dancing away to tunes and monster mash comes on. Some people will find it funny and stay on the floor others will leave. They may eventually return to the dance floor but that choice of song definately ruined the momentum.

Less of the fantasy and more of a realistic take would be something I would enjoy more from wrestling.

I appreciate others are happy to either disregard that stuff or enjoy it. But I think its to the detriment of everything over all.

By the way, with Edge certainly going heel turns out I was right weeks ago when I said WWE had to pivot on their Wrestlemania direction. He floundered and floundered bad post Rumble as a face.

I'm wasn't a fan of Revolution to be fair or that main event.

Cinematic matches ain't my cup of tea either ( I assure you I do like wrestling) although hypocritically I loved the Boneyard match, even the Taker teleportation. I base that on following the Taker character since I was a kid and loving AJ Styles.

All I'm saying is your on the dance floor, dancing away to tunes and monster mash comes on. Some people will find it funny and stay on the floor others will leave. They may eventually return to the dance floor but that choice of song definately ruined the momentum.

Less of the fantasy and more of a realistic take would be something I would enjoy more from wrestling.

I appreciate others are happy to either disregard that stuff or enjoy it. But I think its to the detriment of everything over all.
    Fair. I can agree that some people like individual matches and others like a show as a whole. It was a bad PPV in general to be fair. Bryan Reigns was good until Edge got involved and Rollins Nakumara was decent. That's....that's the only positives and even then it's meh. 80% of the show was trash. Worse than a raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Reigns tap out?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Reigns tap out?
    Yes, but Edge or the ref didn't see. Bryan didn't break the hold either, interference was a thing.

Advertisement