If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" TV recommendation

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 65" TV, we have been looking at the Sony TV here: (https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/sony-bravia-kd65x7052pbu-65-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10205290-pdt.html)

but we have had issues getting in touch with Currys on the phone so we are looking elsewhere. What would you guys recommend?

Primary uses: 
    Netflix, Streaming Sports, Gaming (Nintendo Switch, Gamecube (I know, I know)) and Chromecasting.

We were also wondering if you had any deals on Chromecasts, we have a standard Chromecast at the moment but we know it doesn't support 4k.

Thanks!
    Hi sbrennan970,

Thanks for the post!

We stock the Sony KD65X7052 as well, it's currently £749/899 and is a great TV. However if I was recommending a TV I would go with the LG 65NANO866 which is a step up in panel quality. It has a native 100Hz panel (the Sonys has a 50Hz panel) and also a great smart hub. It's currently £899/999 euro but would be a fantastic step up over the Sony as the better motion processing and colour would be better for sports and gaming:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204702-lg-65nano866na-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

We don't stock Chromecasts unfortunately but let me know what you think of this option!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sbrennan970

Hi David,

Thanks for the input - I think 899 was pretty much the top of our budget so I'll have a think about it. What kind of delivery times do you have within the Dublin area?

Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi David,

Thanks for the input - I think 899 was pretty much the top of our budget so I'll have a think about it. What kind of delivery times do you have within the Dublin area?

Thanks again.
    Hi sbrennan970,

Our usual delivery time is 3-5 working days but due to Brexit issues we are asking customers to expect up to 7 working days!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.